Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
"use in-game currencies IF (i) they are "soft currencies" i.e. a currency earned or expended only through gameplay that has no real world value and that cannot be cashed out, used or transferred across free or paid servers, or converted into "credits"; and (ii) you don't give the impression that it comes from or is associated with Mojang."
So, this is what the EULA says exactly.
From my interpretation, you can't interchange real life currency and in game currency.

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
"use in-game currencies IF (i) they are "soft currencies" i.e. a currency earned or expended only through gameplay that has no real world value and that cannot be cashed out, used or transferred across free or paid servers, or converted into "credits"; and (ii) you don't give the impression that it comes from or is associated with Mojang."
So, this is what the EULA says exactly.
From my interpretation, you can't interchange real life currency and in game currency.
It would as some people could pay money to get those Ranks (advantage)
And others would have to grind...
See Donators have advantage...

Just got done reading through it, and I believe as long as your points can't buy a lifetime rank, there's nothing wrong with it. The lifetime rank and temporary ranks are different items, and you aren't using points to purchase a lifetime rank. Therefore, the points aren't being converted into "credits" or dollars in any way.

Reactions: hgbf

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
It would as some people could pay money to get those Ranks (advantage)
And others would have to grind...
See Donators have advantage...

Also, the advantages provided are not in game (armor, enchants, etc.), they are provided to everyone in the game, which makes it fair. That's a totally different clause, and has nothing to do with my suggestion though.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Just got done reading through it, and I believe as long as your points can't buy a lifetime rank, there's nothing wrong with it. The lifetime rank and temporary ranks are different items, and you aren't using points to purchase a lifetime rank. Therefore, the points aren't being converted into "credits" or dollars in any way.
Cubelet and XP boosts violate,
"can sell positive effects or enhancements (other than "Capes") IF everyone on the server is positively affected in exactly the same way."

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I suppose there are 2 major problems in my opinion:
1st For example someone buys a temporary gold rank and then tries to upgrade it with irl money to lapis. That would need to be prevented.
2nd vanity. This would allow non-donors to get vanity points which would make lese people buy a rank.

Reactions: BlueMoon475

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
1st For example someone buys a temporary gold rank and then tries to upgrade it with irl money to lapis. That would need to be prevented.
2nd vanity. This would allow non-donors to get vanity points which would make lese people buy a rank.
1st. Lapis is under Gold.
2nd. No vanity points.
Read the OP before you post.

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas

1. That's a good point. Not sure how the programming would work for it, but I'm sure it's doable.
2. I forgot the vanity points, but just like the friends option and weekly bonuses, it wouldn't be available.

I guess it'd have to be a package that would just allow users to vote on game settings and maps lol

Orangeric88

Forum Expert
Apr 22, 2016
Planet Orange
www.cubecraft.net
The problems that might go wrong. Firstly, some players might have a lot of points, so they could use it practically every day. Also, in modes such as EggWars and Blockwars most players would vote for op during the time they are on their trial. Finally imagine a hub with spammed colored chat. It would be to much.

The higher ranks especially like obsidian and emerald. They would have the permissions to fly around. Overall I think the trial is sort of "caustic". Almost everyone might have a rank.

Reactions: BlueMoon475

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
The problems that might go wrong. Firstly, some players might have a lot of points, so they could use it practically every day. Also, in modes such as EggWars and Blockwars most players would vote for op during the time they are on their trial. Finally imagine a hub with spammed colored chat. It would be to much.

The higher ranks especially like obsidian and emerald. They would have the permissions to fly around. Overall I think the trial is sort of "caustic". Almost everyone might have a rank.

If those players don't have anything else to spend points on, what's their purpose? Giving the points a purpose to those players could be a huge incentive to keep playing.

From the feedback, the costs would obviously need to be much higher than Cyna had quoted, but that would then eliminate almost all of your problems.

Reactions: Orangeric88

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
I think people should save points for when factions come out. I am also saving cublets for when custom shields come out.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
No cubelets or boosters while they have the temporary rank (a lifetime rank doesn't even come with boosters anyway). The ability to vote? Sure. Also, as others said, have the temporary ranks prohibited from getting "weekly bonuses" (vanity), the ranks last for a few in-game hours, and the ranks can be used only once. After the trial's over, that's it.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Still its gives you the same perks as Ranks even though its for a limited time only it gives players who haven't donated a huge disadvantage...(voting/chat colors/vanity) and makes Cube basicaly Pay2Win and that's against the EULA...

Example: Lets say you bought a Iron Rank with some points... That means Ranks are achivable with In-Game currency for a limited time only...
Then someone donates... Well that means he gets the same perks as you but then forever and without spending any points... So technically he bought Points to buy the Limited time Rank.... Meaning Pay2Win (Against EULA)

It would be fine if the Limited time Ranks would be bought for 25% of a Real Rank with 10 days test time... And you can only be bought once... But that's just my opinion.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom