toxicity17.png

toxicity18.png

toxicity19.png

toxicity20.png

toxicity21.png

toxicity.png

Skywars is ruined lol everyone is salty
You should earn -10 xp each time you type something toxic
I still remember when people used to say "gg".....

Don't add it to party chat, sometimes you type 'noob' as a joke

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
This isn't really how you're going to solve this problem. People will just get even more toxic than they already are. It will also be very hard to put an -10exp on every toxic word. You will just have to live with it and try to ignore it. Stay friendly/kind towards them and just let them do.

D

Deleted member 352903

This isn't really how you're going to solve this problem. People will just get even more toxic than they already are. It will also be very hard to put an -10exp on every toxic word. You will just have to live with it and try to ignore it. Stay friendly/kind towards them and just let them do.
I wouldn't care if I saw only 1 salty player in each game. But listen, in some 24 players-games, sometimes 10 people are being salty. Sorry but I can't ignore them anymore, I kinda stopped playing SkyWars. It's not enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I wouldn't care if I only saw 1 salty player in each game. But listen, in some 24 players-games, sometimes 10 people are being salty. Sorry but I can't ignore them anymore, I kinda stopped playing SkyWars. It's not enjoyable.
I get you , it is annoying to see a lot of Toxic players but if you set an -10exp on some words they will just keep on creating words to stay toxic and they can just start being toxic again.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I've wanted to do this for a while, but I think the outrage it would create would probably not be worth it. Also, it is interesting to note that in a lot of instances those being particularly toxic also happen to be cheating and end up getting banned in their next game. Ultimately I think we can probably solve this in a nicer way by getting sentinel to spot cheaters earlier and more reliably.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
I've wanted to do this for a while, but I think the outrage it would create would probably not be worth it. Also, it is interesting to note that in a lot of instances those being particularly toxic also happen to be cheating and end up getting banned in their next game. Ultimately I think we can probably solve this in a nicer way by getting sentinel to spot cheaters earlier and more reliably.

May I ask, where do these statistics come from?

You're comparing someone who may have stupidly said something off the top of their heads when just a little bit annoyed to someone who is breaking a network rule and knowingly downloading something on their computer, fully understanding that they could get banned.

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
I don't really play skywars that much but when i see someone being salty i just laugh a bit and keep playing. Giving -10XP every time you are salty will probably make a lot of players just quit the game as they can no longer do what they do best.

BTW why did you take the time to take screens of all these players lol

D

Deleted member 352903

I don't really play skywars that much but when i see someone being salty i just laugh a bit and keep playing. Giving -10XP every time you are salty will probably make a lot of players just quit the game as they can no longer do what they do best.

They'll quit? What? Lots of them will stop being salty and enjoy the game
I wouldn't quit because I get -10 xp when saying "noob" lol. I would stop being a toxic player and start enjoying the game
It took me less than ONE hour to find all these toxic players

Also, it is interesting to note that in a lot of instances those being particularly toxic also happen to be cheating and end up getting banned in their next game. Ultimately I think we can probably solve this in a nicer way by getting sentinel to spot cheaters earlier and more reliably.
Eh.. check the screenshots again. Most of them have a rank / level 20+. They're not cheaters

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Don't see why they would do it, but can't hurt either: levels are worthless on Cubecraft.

Just make saying gg worthwhile, besides that 1 xp and maybe people will say gg more often :)

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I love saying those things :(

I still remember when people used to say "gg".....
Sorry, but the nemory you are searching for does not exist. Please try again. ;)

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Alternate suggestion: Make it say "-1 Experience!" in chat, but don't actually take away any experience. After all, experience is a special status which shows how much you play, and being toxic doesn't necessarily mean you play less.

This was actually what I had in mind way back when :) Ultimately, trolling our playerbase is probably not the best idea though ^^

@Nikoshka in terms of 'statistics', that comment is my personal opinion based on spending a good amount of time over the last few weeks testing new Sentinel detections and observing games. Clearly I can't watch every game so it's just my personal feeling, a bit like all these 'this is what the whole community wants' posts that essentially are just one persons personal opinion that might be shared by a few other people but certainly don't represent the feelings of the whole community. Now the actual players in the screenshots above may not be cheating, but you'll note that I didn't say in every case, just a lot of them.

D

Deleted member 436996

With this solution they could easily just invite you to a party, insult you, and then just leave it without losing any xp.
Also, I don't really think that making them lose xp would make them stop being toxic.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom