Would you like to see this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Since I played lots of duels, I like to finally see a new map coming!

This map looks awesome, great to PvP at, enough space. Out of ordinary a really REALLY good map!
Hope this owner will be added :):)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

AceGodz

Oct 15, 2019
@FireExcalibur10 I've seen you voting against a handful of maps but you rarely ever explain yourself. Mind giving Doc and Eli some tips? :)

Personally, I hate the border wall (rocks) because they look really messy: both colour-wise speaking as shape-wise. It looks like //brush sphere without much of smoothening to them. There are way too many different blocks as well. I would have used stone, andesite and perhaps some gravel and buttons to add more detail
RLPWtiU.png

I'm not the best if it comes to building ships and such, but I'm sure this isn't exactly right. It stretches out way too far and way too high
I7J9Ycf.png

I definitely think the ships should be moved downwards by a block to prevent players from staying on their ship and knocking back their opponent all the time
dWm8XYA.png

This palm leaf looks odd and unnatural
JBhMtX6.png

These heads will undoubtedly get in the way of the battle and should be removed
JbMvjom.png

I like the idea and overall execution, it's just the small details that could've been done better - imo
The feedback I gave is all from my own perspective and my own opinion! :)
Hope it can help!

Sorry just because you made 1 map that somehow got accepted. (it is really bad btw) Doesn't mean you need to comb one that is clearly better than yours for problems.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Sorry just because you made 1 map that somehow got accepted. (it is really bad btw) Doesn't mean you need to comb one that is clearly better than yours for problems.
So just because my map got accepted means I am banned from giving my opinion? Just like I am not fully satisfied with this map, you clearly aren't with mine either and that's ok. At least I explained what could be improved (in my opinion) unlike you :)

The ship is actually built over 1.5 years ago xD
How does that make my point less valid though?

Added some!

@Slimeyz and @FireExcalibur10 mind telling me why you voted no?

@Riley will you be changing your vote?
Not really. Just like you said yourself, you didn't take all of my feedback but obviously that's up to you! Like I said earlier on in this post: you can't satisfy everyone with a map and although clearly a lot of people like it as it is, I do not. It's not like you have to take my feedback, but then again it's not like those few no-votes will make a difference if compared to the number of people that do like this map in its current state!

Robbedz

Designero
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jan 16, 2018
a robbery D:
Hiii, in my opinion this map looks really beautiful and elaborated, the way you executed the idea is amazing without mentioning that the ships look sickkk.
I will point out some few features you might improve (Not sure if some people have already said what im going to, but im saying it anyways because i was too lazy to read the thread lmao)
First, the most noticiable thing are the rocks, they look a bit messy but i dont think it's because of its smoothing, they're rocks, they don't need to be smooth, i think it's the paining, it looks done with //replace so i would improve that, if you don't want to, i think //replacing the cyan terracotta to a brighter block would work just fine.
The middle island looks like it's floating because there is glass below it, replace the glasses in that area to sand or another block so it looks more realistic.
Aaaand, the palm. it looks fine but i would say adding random leave blocks around each big leave would make it look more natural.
Hopefully this feedback is helpful for you.

Overall, the map is pretty cool so you are getting a yes from me!
Good job, i hope this map gets accepted and would love to see more in the future! <3334

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Not really. Just like you said yourself, you didn't take all of my feedback but obviously that's up to you! Like I said earlier on in this post: you can't satisfy everyone with a map and although clearly a lot of people like it as it is, I do not. It's not like you have to take my feedback, but then again it's not like those few no-votes will make a difference if compared to the number of people that do like this map in its current state!

Yeah, I want to make everyone happy but keep true to what I love about the map. I actually fixed 4/5 things. I moved the crabs so there less of an issue, the rocks have been smoothed and look less weird, and fixed the tree, and made the boat more assessable. But of course your entitled to your opinion.

Hiii, in my opinion this map looks really beautiful and elaborated, the way you executed the idea is amazing without mentioning that the ships look sickkk.
I will point out some few features you might improve (Not sure if some people have already said what im going to, but im saying it anyways because i was too lazy to read the thread lmao)
First, the most noticiable thing are the rocks, they look a bit messy but i dont think it's because of its smoothing, they're rocks, they don't need to be smooth, i think it's the paining, it looks done with //replace so i would improve that, if you don't want to, i think //replacing the cyan terracotta to a brighter block would work just fine.
The middle island looks like it's floating because there is glass below it, replace the glasses in that area to sand or another block so it looks more realistic.
Aaaand, the palm. it looks fine but i would say adding random leave blocks around each big leave would make it look more natural.
Hopefully this feedback is helpful for you.

Overall, the map is pretty cool so you are getting a yes from me!
Good job, i hope this map gets accepted and would love to see more in the future! <3334

I will fix the bottom of the island and I will take a look at the rocks. :)

We should build together sometime :P

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Vlax0qY.png

Hey guys! It's certainly been a while! Got a quick update: Removed the rocks entirely. Due to it logically not making sense that two ships would surround an island but be surrounded by rocks. I have added lapiz bored simular to Oil Rig. I have added and changed a few other things that I was told to, fixed up the tree, made it so the island and boat have underneaths in the water, and in general touched it up. The mast is still a bit of an issue because of the height but when the map is eventually used it will be changed a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom