Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft drop 1.9-1.15?

• Yes, I would love to use the new features!

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No, my reason is...

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

DylianJ

Aug 30, 2018
Hello there!
I think CubeCraft should drop support for versions 1.9 to 1.15.
The reason is that a lot of new pvp features have been added since 1.9 including:
  • Totems of Undying
  • Tridents + enchantments
  • Slow Falling Potions
  • Turtle Master Potions
  • Crossbows + enchantments
  • Suspicious Stew
  • Netherite Armor and Weapons
Hundreds of new blocks have also been added over the years, so those could also be used for new maps.
This would also work really great with the Nether Skyblock update since 1.16 added so much to the Nether.

What do you guys think? Do you want CubeCraft to update to 1.16 or do you think it should stay 1.9+?

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Hello there!
The reason is that a lot of new pvp features have been added since 1.9 including:
  • Totems of Undying
  • Slow Falling Potions
  • Turtle Master Potions
  • Suspicious Stew
Hundreds of new blocks have also been added over the years, so those could also be used for new maps.
This would also work really great with the Nether Skyblock update since 1.16 added so much to the Nether.

What do you guys think? Do you want CubeCraft to update to 1.16 or do you think it should stay 1.9+?

I don't play 1.9+, since I'm a 1.8 player, but your idea seemed to me a very good suggestion, since many people in the 1.9+ community, could like it quite a lot.

Tycboi

Jul 7, 2020
I love this idea as the game has really changed but from 1.12.2 forward servers have more of an issue with high amouts of players as the TPS starts to lower after 100-150 players though this wouldnt be a huge change for cubecraft as they are a lobby based server big lobbys will probably have a problem

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I’m sorry, but this idea is not good. I do like the part of adding newer items to skywars, however, I don’t think dropping support for the majority of the player base is the way to go. Most people use Minecraft version 1.12.2 as it’s the easiest version to mod and there are many clients for it. The newer Minecraft versions are less stable to run Minecraft servers on and the newer Minecraft versions can still join Cubecraft. I think that if they were to do something like your idea that they would create a 1.16 server and anyone above 1.16 would join that server. The problem with this is stability, as of right now the server is on 1.9 and all the other versions connect to it. After version 1.12.2 Minecraft is more unstable to run servers. I hope you understand that not only would Cubecraft lose players that prefer 1.9-1.15 but players that don’t like an extremely laggy server. All in all, this isn’t a good idea for technical reasons and logistical reasons.

Bergeyboy

Jun 8, 2020
Hello there!
  • Totems of Undying
  • Slow Falling Potions
  • Turtle Master Potions
  • Suspicious Stew

Although I play 1.16, I’m voting against it because I know many people are very loyal to their versions. It may be the version with their Forge and all their mods, texture packs, shaders, and more. While I’m sure many would switch, many would also leave CubeCraft for other servers that offer support for those versions, such as Hypixel, which is already a big threat for most servers. If a mod is not featured on 1.16, people may not switch to it despite the relative ease of changing versions.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡