Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Currently, the stats page works as intended. It shows the current players on each part of the network as well as a graph showing the change in players over the past 24 hours - but that's it, and honestly it's just bland. In my opinion, there should definitely be some kind of refresh/revamp to add new features, make the current features better as well as integrating older/existing features from other parts of the site.

Personal Stats
This has been discussed before, but I thought it was worth bringing it up again. I think it would be nice to see at least your own stats on the website (things like wins, losses, etc in all gamemodes). Is this strictly necessary? No, but it's definitely a nice to have and adds a few nice things, like bragging rights and a much easier way to see stats (much less clunky than in game).

Other user's stats
Since cube is a multiplayer server, it wouldn't make too much sense if you could only see your own stats. Now, this option will obviously be toggleable to multiple degrees such as public, friends only and private (set to friends only or private by default) so that people can have at least some privacy and prevent people from doing things like mocking and bullying them. This would allow for the easy comparison of stats, enable people to share stats more easily, (for some people) let them brag more easily and enable better verification and comparison for things like the world records thread.

Leaderboards
Used to be a feature, everyone likes them but at the moment they're just poorly done (especially on Bedrock). It would be a lot nicer to have the leaderboard site come back on the website (like it used to be for a short period of time) but updating regularly rather than randomly and inconsistently, as well as more leaderboards for things like other stats such as kills, games played etc.

More accurate player stats
These are just small things, but I think they would add slightly more to the site especially for it's current features.
- Number of players on each game
- Current featured game
- General player trend (past week/month/year/years)
- Sentinel bans
- Peak daily/weekly/monthly players

These are small things but I feel like they would just make it nicer and be a small QOL addition, rather than just shoving everything on 1 part of the network that isn't very convenient compared to a website.

Summary
Just some changes and improvement for the stats website, addition of player stats, reintroduction of the leaderboard site etc. Would appreciate any feedback below :)

No I'm not adding a poll, don't ask me.

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

I've enjoyed reading your ideas about the statistics website, definitely interesting. I'll be honest and admit that I wasn't aware of its existence since I've only joined recently, but I have the strange feeling that I wouldn't know it existed in six months either if it weren't for this suggestion.

When playing on the server, there's an option that allows you to choose who may see your in-game stats, but I've had difficulties finding the stats themselves. And this may be something only I've experienced, but since I had difficulties finding my own game statistics, I got the odd feeling this feature has been ignored and thereby thrown away its potential. Never the less, it would be a good idea to upgrade the stats website, and all the features you mentioned I'd be excited to see.

There's only one add-on I'd like to suggest and hear your thoughts on, and that's displaying server votes. You were talking about verification for potential world-records for individuals, but what about a world-record for servers? If you'd put the server's votes as a whole on the statistics website and the yearly, monthly and weekly votes, CubeCraft might actually get a world-record or could try to compete for one. That's not the only reason why displaying the server's votes on the website would be a good addition but it immediately came to mind.

Reactions: KitsuneToru

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Bump.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the thread from people. Are the ideas I've come up with good? Bad? Do you think they should be one way or a different way? This isn't another generic pointless suggestion so why are people just ignoring it?

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Bump.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the thread from people. Are the ideas I've come up with good? Bad? Do you think they should be one way or a different way? This isn't another generic pointless suggestion so why are people just ignoring it?
I really like these ideas! I’m fairly sure we don’t have a dedicated website developer at this time, so adding all these features may prove to be a challenge.

Reactions: KitsuneToru

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
Those are some very cool ideas! Thinking from a practical view, the global leaderboards with specific player lookup and maybe the more accurate player stats would be cool, plus in my opinion, they have a wider usecase. I don't exactly know what you mean by personal stats. That may require passport login, which I think is a bit unnecessary.

I mean, it's all very possible, but there are of course priorities. Most of these features are cool, but not strictly necessary as you described. I don't know how global leaderboards are exactly implemented on bedrock by the way, so I can't judge on that. I think, from the view of the people that will actually decide on this, this would not be necessary. This doesn't mean we can't bring it up of course 😄.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom