Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CC add a delete button to the forums?

• Yes, they should add a traditional delete button.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Yes, but they should add an undo button instead of a traditional delete button

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Joaqie

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
Younisco’s Basement
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello! I know that this has been discussed before, but there was very little detail in the threads I previously looked at. I think that Cubecraft should add a delete button, or at least an undo button (similar to Gmail’s). The other day I was scrolling through my forum posts and thought I had clicked on my clip competition when in reality I had clicked on my introduction. I then proceeded to put a lengthy message on my introduction that made no sense in the context of the messages around it. I went to delete and found that I couldn’t, and ended up editing it to say something else.

Therefore, I propose that Cubecraft adds a undo button to their messages. I understand that a delete button can be harmful for certain threads, like if players were to confess to cheating and be able to delete it. Hence, I think that they should add an undo button instead. If you accidentally post something, or answer a previously answered thread, you could click undo within a given window and remove the message. It would be a nice QOL improvement for those of us who just post something accidentally, or post an already answered question or forum post. If you agree, please give this a ✅. If not, please give this a ❌ and explain why.

- Joaqie

(POV: You’re waiting for @Blom to destroy you with all the reasons why this shouldn’t be added)

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
If someone claims to, for example, be cheating, could it work if the people working here can see the full history of messages?
Also, could it work like WhatsApp, where it will say something like: 'This message was deleted.' for a certain amount of time before vanishing? And then, how about you can report it if you saw how it was before it was deleted?

Wow, that was long. Thanks for reading! :0

Reactions: Joaqie

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
(POV: You’re waiting for @Blom to destroy you with all the reasons why this shouldn’t be added)
🤣🤣🤣

I've already responded to the same thread, which you've apparently read if I see your last sentence of this thread, but just in case I'll link it here
Also, could it work like WhatsApp, where it will say something like: 'This message was deleted.' for a certain amount of time before vanishing? And then, how about you can report it if you saw how it was before it was deleted?
This could be a good idea, but I think it still takes away the essence of making a thread in first place. When people disagree, you can just delete the message and no one knows the original thread. This way people will make the same thread again, not learning from other threads on the forums, which is not what the forums were meant for. If it is implemented, this would be the best alternative

Reactions: BurntCrown8876
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Top Bottom