Status
Not open for further replies.

XPfirePlayz

Novice Member
May 3, 2020
California
Creative Housing

What is Creative Housing?

Housing is a creative gamemode where players are given a plot to build on. Other players are able to visit the house to help build and interact with other players. Players can build anything in this space but most commonly used to create community spaces. These spaces can include parkour, roleplaying, or housing events like competitions. Players can choose to build their own housing plot or can browse other player's houses. In addition to most Minecraft blocks, a variety of special blocks could help create more unique builds. These blocks can include specially customized player heads and interactables like parkour start and end pressure plates. In order to prevent griefing, house owners can give roles and permissions to certain players. These permission can prevent players from building and breaking blocks or prevent them from interacting with certain doors(to prevent them from going in unauthorized areas. Advanced building tools could also be added to make building easier. These tools would be similar to a simplified version of world edit and can be used to place a large number of blocks quickly. These tools and special blocks make the gamemode unique and different from building in your own world.

Why this gamemode and why only on Bedrock?

Housing was popularized by Hypixel on Java Edition and still reaches upwards of 2,000 concurrent players daily. I think this gamemode would be extremely popular on Bedrock considering the young player base and its non-PvP related structure to reach players that don't enjoy PvP or have low performance devices. Additionally, since this gamemode is based on player generated content, there are nearly infinite things you can build and discover in other players houses. This decreases the chances of not finding a house you are interested in or running out of options. Currently on Bedrock, the only server that has a similar gamemode is Mineplex. Unfortunately, Mineplex's version is ill maintained and is full of bugs and server issues. Likely the only reason the gamemode isn't as popular as it should be is because of the many issues they have. I think it will really benefit the Minecraft Bedrock community to have a great version of this game on Cubecraft.

Whats the difference between a privately hosted world and this?

The main difference between this is the community factor involved. It allows players to easily discover and find new houses to visit. One of the things I love about the housing gamemode is its ability to help people find new friends and discover other players with similar interests. I personally enjoy browsing the housing menu in search of new places to visit and experience. In addition, Cubecraft can easily provide a lot of cosmetics and other building tools not available in a regular world.

💰 Monetization

Housing Rank

As with every gamemode, a new rank is created, specific to that gamemode and I can see lots of opportunities for perks that I want to mention.
- Additional Housing Slots
- Exclusive category in the Browse menu for better visibility(more likely for more visitors)
- Exclusive Furniture items
- Exclusive Housing themes
- Advanced Building Tools(similar to a basic version of world edit potentially)

Furniture

Furniture are cosmetic items are detailed items that resemble furniture and can be interacted with. Currently these cosmetic items are already available in Skyblock and could be used in Housing and vice versa. I think there can be a lot more variety of furniture to be sold on the store in the future.

Themes

Themes are landscaping that surround your plot area. These aren't places you can build but can give a lot of atmosphere than an empty plot. New themes would be able to be purchased for Minecoins and potentially could be added with holidays to give plots a festive vibe.

Advertisement Tokens

This is currently something sold by Mineplex for Housing and I feel it would be a great addition for Cubecraft. These tokens (about 310-490 minecoins) last for 1 hour and pin a player's house to the top of the browse menu. This would allow for more players to see the house and more likely for players to join. This is great for players who want to advertise their housing event or roleplay when otherwise they would have a difficult time accumulating visitors to climb the browse menu.

Let me know what you think about this by leaving a reaction below! I'm happy to answer any additional questions! :)

tobioikawa

Novice Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hey, great suggestion first of all!

I have one question, do you think it would be okay instead of having the type of Housing in Hypixel to have just basic plots of grass to build on like most Java servers? "I think this gamemode would be extremely popular on Bedrock considering the young player base and its non-PvP related structure to reach players that don't enjoy PvP or have low performance devices." I completely agree with this statistic but I just think for younger audiences it would be more enjoyable to have a creative space to work with instead of having redeemable/purchasable cosmetics and furniture. I would certainly enjoy just simple creative plots to build on instead of this type of feature.

Let me know the answer soon, I'm curious to know your opinion!

• Agree
Reactions: xJcmm

XPfirePlayz

Novice Member
May 3, 2020
California
Hey, great suggestion first of all!

I have one question, do you think it would be okay instead of having the type of Housing in Hypixel to have just basic plots of grass to build on like most Java servers? "I think this gamemode would be extremely popular on Bedrock considering the young player base and its non-PvP related structure to reach players that don't enjoy PvP or have low performance devices." I completely agree with this statistic but I just think for younger audiences it would be more enjoyable to have a creative space to work with instead of having redeemable/purchasable cosmetics and furniture. I would certainly enjoy just simple creative plots to build on instead of this type of feature.

Let me know the answer soon, I'm curious to know your opinion!
Hi, thanks for your feedback! It is similar to a creative plot server as players are still able to build and do whatever they would like on their housing plot. The furniture items are only extra cosmetics that aren't required in building and just an extra addition for players to add if they like. While it is possible to have a big world with tons of plots like a creative plot server it just doesn't make a lot of sense server wise. Creative plot servers, separate thousands of small plots across a large world. While in an individual plot system, the server only saves the few chunks that are part of that plot. This will result in less load times and better server performance as huge worlds aren't being loaded all at once. In addition, the gamemode can be split across multiple servers allowing to host thousands of players at one time. There is a lot of complicated stuff going on for the reasoning of this and sort of hard to explain. At the end, having individual plots allow for faster load times(better for low end devices) and support thousands of players at the same time.

Reactions: tobioikawa

tobioikawa

Novice Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi, thanks for your feedback! It is similar to a creative plot server as players are still able to build and do whatever they would like on their housing plot. The furniture items are only extra cosmetics that aren't required in building and just an extra addition for players to add if they like. While it is possible to have a big world with tons of plots like a creative plot server it just doesn't make a lot of sense server wise. Creative plot servers, separate thousands of small plots across a large world. While in an individual plot system, the server only saves the few chunks that are part of that plot. This will result in less load times and better server performance as huge worlds aren't being loaded all at once. In addition, the gamemode can be split across multiple servers allowing to host thousands of players at one time. There is a lot of complicated stuff going on for the reasoning of this and sort of hard to explain. At the end, having individual plots allow for faster load times(better for low end devices) and support thousands of players at the same time.
Ahhh, alright! Thanks for the explanation!

Reactions: XPfirePlayz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
average roblox conversation
IMG_8762.jpeg
Nightmare wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom