Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think Staff should provide evidence?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 21, 2020
Hello
I'd like to know why staff members don't need evidence when banning someone. I get why they dont if the reason is clear but that wasn't my case when I got banned recently. It is true that i ended up getting unbanned but i still paid for a mod's mistake once again. It concerns me that some mods say that they are human and they can make mistakes but also they dont need evidence when punishing someone which is contradictive, don't you think? By letting staff members banning people without having a way to prove it I understand you expect them not to make them. Besides, how is the person punished supposed to prove it was an unfair ban? If it's a staff member's word against a normal player's, you are obviously gonna believe the staff, am I right? (i spelled concerns wrong in the title my bad)

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hi!

I understand your frustrations. If you got complains about a staff member feel free to make a thread HERE. Also, if mods needs evidence lets say for a hacker. They first have to record it, upload it on youtube and they can ban the hacker. That takes too long.

Reactions: Maaarijn

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Hello
I'd like to know why staff members don't need evidence when banning someone. I get why they dont if the reason is clear but that wasn't my case when I got banned recently. It is true that i ended up getting unbanned but i still paid for a mod's mistake once again. It concerns me that some mods say that they are human and they can make mistakes but also they dont need evidence when punishing someone which is contradictive, don't you think? By letting staff members banning people without having a way to prove it I understand you expect them not to make them. Besides, how is the person punished supposed to prove it was an unfair ban? If it's a staff member's word against a normal player's, you are obviously gonna believe the staff, am I right?
i don't think so, we all like to play games without cheaters. if staff now also has to upload proof for a ban, this will take a lot of time. And are therefore less likely to punish all rulebreakers. And yes, The staff team are also people. People are not perfect, we all make mistakes sometimes. respect that too.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe!
-YeaUhm

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

I voted no and this is why: Staff members are trustworthy people. They don't punish you for no reason. Also, what if they need to provide evidence? Everyone would start complaining because reports will take much longer to be reviewed and handled. I watched the conversation between you and a few mods on discord and I still wonder why you keep complaining about this. You are unbanned, leave it. Even if it was a mistake, thats normal. Remember we are all humans, we make mistakes. Back to your suggestion... It is a no from me. -1.

Edit: Click here is you wish to report a staff member. There

- Dutchy

Apr 21, 2020
Hi!

I understand your frustrations. If you got complains about a staff member feel free to make a thread HERE. Also, if mods needs evidence lets say for a hacker. They first have to record it, upload it on youtube and they can ban the hacker. That takes too long.
But isn't sentinel always watching?
I get why they shouldn't have to provide evidence when the ban is clear. But some bans are not, and people can't prove they have been false banned since there is no evidence. So in that kind of cases, intead of asking for other opinions, i think they should record/take screenshot.

Apr 21, 2020
Hi,

I voted no and this is why: Staff members are trustworthy people. They don't punish you for no reason. Also, what if they need to provide evidence? Everyone would start complaining because reports will take much longer to be reviewed and handled. I watched the conversation between you and a few mods on discord and I still wonder why you keep complaining about this. You are unbanned, leave it. Even if it was a mistake, thats normal. Remember we are all humans, we make mistakes. Back to your suggestion... It is a no from me. -1.

Edit: Click here is you wish to report a staff member. There

- Dutchy
Not every Staff member is trustworthy. If they all were, mods/admins would never be kicked from the staff team. And some have been in the past.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
to become a moderator you have already proven that you can be trusted. helpers for instance, can't just ban people, they also have to give evidence, and moderators first had to be a helper and they have to goot promoted, you should be able to trust the staff.

_SketchyLiv

Oct 5, 2018
uk
think about it this way, we get punished for fake evidence (for instance photoshopping to get someone muted/banned). why are we the only ones that have to face the consequences?? the no swearing rule goes for both staff and normal players, same should be in this case. idk why yall are treating staff like some privilege especially when once again they fail to fulfil their job.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think staff needs (mod or higher) evidence of every ban than give. With the /report command they handle so many reports that if they needed video evidence of all of them it would be madness. In terms of storage and time to upload all of them to YouTube. You don't become a staff member if you can't judge if a player is breaking the rules or not.
And if your appeal gets denied and you think you've been treated unfairly you can always make a complaint. I don't think the system needs to change!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
So basically, we don't "just" get accepted as Helpers/Staff, we're being trusted by everyone and Helpers and Mods are being and getting trained to get familiar with certain cheats and stuff. If someone abuses their powers on a player then I am sure actions will be taken accordingly and there will be consequences (also because staff feedback threads will be made). This is basically why we don't have to provide evidence, because we're being trusted. You don't just ''get'' staff on CubeCraft.

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
But isn't sentinel always watching?
I get why they shouldn't have to provide evidence when the ban is clear. But some bans are not, and people can't prove they have been false banned since there is no evidence. So in that kind of cases, intead of asking for other opinions, i think they should record/take screenshot.

Cubecraft just hired new anticheat developers. Developing cost a lot of time we can help by reporting.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
So staff don't need evidence because of multiple factors. One, Sentinel actually flags a lot more than you think, and the checks you fail play a big role in any appeal. Our staff abide by the rule that if they don't think a player is cheating with 100% certainty, they must not ban. Any shred of doubt in the future will be resolved in an appeal. While I understand the concern of this thread is that you may not trust all bans staff members do, we have systems in place to account for that.

When a player is false banned, it is always obvious.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on human being's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday
qKhalidd wrote on human being's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
happy birthday!
Beginning of my cubecraft forums account
Top Bottom