Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree that those marked MUST HAVE should be added?

• All of them should be

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Most of them should be

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Around half of them should be

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Most of them shouldn't be

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them should be

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Playing with friends is like 70% of the server. And I'll say it again:
For Basically Anyone That Comments:
Minority = Fair
If the 70% of people want to play with friends, why aren't they saying "remove team balance"?
As I've stated before, fairness of the game is more important that a few people playing with friends. Besides, you're still playing with them, they're just on the opposite team.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
If the 70% of people want to play with friends, why aren't they saying "remove team balance"?
As I've stated before, fairness of the game is more important that a few people playing with friends. Besides, you're still playing with them, they're just on the opposite team.
I gurantee that if a survey was conducted it would be nearly unanimous that everyone would much rather play with their friends than play a "fair" game.

Also, if friends have to split I can gurantee they will crossteam.

And then this happens:

Balanced Teams = More Crossteamers
More Crossteamers = Less Fun For the others and more bans
Less fun for the others and more bans = less players
Less players = Less donators
Less donators = Less Updates
Less Updates = Less Fun
Less Fun = Less Players

And the cycle repeats...

Let's say a group of 5 friends join teaparty. The game fills to 22/40. 3 join pink team, 2 join orange. Orange and pink now work together as a team of 5 versus other teams of 3/2. Right now, it's usually 4 teams of 5 and 1 team of 2. Sure, those 2 people are at a disadvantage but some people may enjoy that, or they could just leave and join another game. Then you have a fair fight between four balanced teams. Back to the orange and pink scenario. Nobody can stop them, except of course the teams that enjoy being at a disadvantage. Now, instead of two people being at a disadvantage, seventeen are. And do not say they can be reported. They can, but 97% of players don't know how to submit a proper crossteaming report according to the guidelines. Those 3% that can are generally active forumers or friends of active forumers.

In addition, you cant really crossteam in Blockwars and TD, in addition to them not being originally from Cubecraft.

Last edited:

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I gurantee that if a survey was conducted it would be nearly unanimous that everyone would much rather play with their friends than play a "fair" game.

Or they don't get split up? Whenever my friends and I join a lobby and we aren't on the same team, we just leave. And hopefully with the new punishment system they won't be crossteaming; I doubt they would keep playing; they would again just leave and join another lobby. Also, why can't we have both a fair game and a game with friends? I don't understand why you think that the two are mutually exclusive.

And then this happens:

Less Updates = Less Fun
Less Fun = Less Players
Are you just assuming that people would crossteam because they wouldn't be on the same team due to a balance? You have no grounds to claim that.
Let's say a group of 5 friends join teaparty. The game fills to 22/40.
I've never seen a game fill up to nothing less than full. Especially TeaParty, considering how rare the map is compared to all the other 2-3-4 player Eggwars maps.
Back to the orange and pink scenario. Nobody can stop them, except of course the teams that enjoy being at a disadvantage. Now, instead of two people being at a disadvantage, seventeen are.

Where in the hell did that kind of math come from? I never see crossteaming in Eggwars unless one team still has all its players and there's 3-4 other players on their own team. Are you saying that one of those 6 teams won't be good enough to beat the 5 crossteamers? Just because they're crossteaming doesn't automatically land a win.
In addition, you cant really crossteam in Blockwars and TD, in addition to them not being originally from Cubecraft.
I beg to differ. In BW there was a massive 3 week blowup on the Chunk over crossteaming (I hope you all still remember). And I don't see why them being from the Chunk makes them different. They're on Cubecraft now; the play style and boundaries should be generally universal on the server. So what if they're from the Chunk? If they can bring something positive to the Cubecraft, you should be all for it.

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds

And then this happens:

Less Updates = Less Fun
Less Fun = Less Players

And the cycle repeats...

Let's say a group of 5 friends join teaparty. The game fills to 22/40. 3 join pink team, 2 join orange. Orange and pink now work together as a team of 5 versus other teams of 3/2. Right now, it's usually 4 teams of 5 and 1 team of 2. Sure, those 2 people are at a disadvantage but some people may enjoy that, or they could just leave and join another game. Then you have a fair fight between four balanced teams. Back to the orange and pink scenario. Nobody can stop them, except of course the teams that enjoy being at a disadvantage. Now, instead of two people being at a disadvantage, seventeen are. And do not say they can be reported. They can, but 97% of players don't know how to submit a proper crossteaming report according to the guidelines. Those 3% that can are generally active forumers or friends of active forumers.

Once again, I completely agree with Build.
When I am playing on a team based game with friends, I would MUCH rather play with my friends no matter what. Playing with friends and being at a disadvantage is honestly fun to me. You can have a chance to work it out with your friends to win.
Also, BalloonBoy2, you cannot just say that @BuildBuild25 and @mateu9999 are the only people who enjoy being at a disadvantage. There is no way you could know what others think unless the whole CubeCraft community, and I mean every single one, took a survey about it. "99.9%" is extremely invalid.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
Once again, I completely agree with Build.
When I am playing on a team based game with friends, I would MUCH rather play with my friends no matter what. Playing with friends and being at a disadvantage is honestly fun to me. You can have a chance to work it out with your friends to win.
Also, BalloonBoy2, you cannot just say that @BuildBuild25 and @mateu9999 are the only people who enjoy being at a disadvantage. There is no way you could know what others think unless the whole CubeCraft community, and I mean every single one, took a survey about it. "99.9%" is extremely invalid.

I agree.
I also like playing at a disadvantage.
When playing with mateu, he quit on me and left me to fend for myself against 3 teams, 2 of which had their egg. :p (no offense meant)

When playing with BuildBuild, he died on me and left me to fend for myself against 3 teams, 2 of which had their egg. ^^^^^

It's honestly are fun that way. Its a challenge and a really fun way to play the game. Thats 3 people now BallonBoy

(BTW, @mateu9999 , @BuildBuild25 , were you giving me the secret test of the disadvantaged EggWars?)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I agree.
I also like playing at a disadvantage.
When playing with mateu, he quit on me and left me to fend for myself against 3 teams, 2 of which had their egg. :p (no offense meant)

When playing with BuildBuild, he died on me and left me to fend for myself against 3 teams, 2 of which had their egg. ^^^^^

It's honestly are fun that way. Its a challenge and a really fun way to play the game. Thats 3 people now BallonBoy

(BTW, @mateu9999 , @BuildBuild25 , were you giving me the secret test of the disadvantaged EggWars?)
Not really I just wanted some Dia :/

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado

And then this happens:

Less Updates = Less Fun
Less Fun = Less Players

And the cycle repeats...

Hopefully, we can have a system where we can have equal teams and play with friends when the new party system comes out.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
True, but still a pointless thread because it seems like we're upsetting BallonBoy.

So I think we should lock it before he gets hurt anymore.

(Even so, you and I both know its not going to be implemented)

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
True, but still a pointless thread because it seems like we're upsetting BallonBoy.

So I think we should lock it before he gets hurt anymore.

(Even so, you and I both know its not going to be implemented)
If @BalloonBoy2 would like this to be locked then I will lock it. If its locked, staff members will still look at it and may use the ideas.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

May the 4th be with you
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom