Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No (Explain why)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

PoKu_Bllkth

Jul 4, 2016
Venezuela
Hi everyone!

Today I want to bring a new game called "Chess", as you know is the typical game of chess that is practically all over the world. And you will think, Why Chess? Well, chess helps the mind to exercise, so leaving aside the pvp, the better I'll put my strategy to the test.

Objective of the game:
- Practically some already know the objective of the game Chess, but we are going to explain it anyway; The objective of the game is to capture the king of the other player. The capture is never completed, but once the king is attacked and can not escape that capture, it is said to be a checkmate and the game is over.]

Gameplay:
- The game of chess is played between two opponents who alternately move their pieces on a square board. The player with the white (white) pieces begins the game.

1. - Start of the game: The game begins at the position shown below on the chessboard consisting of 64 squares on an 8x8 grid. White (player with lighter parts) makes the first move. Then each player has only one turn to move. In fact, a player should only make one move on each turn. In other words, you can not skip the turn to move.

2. - Once the timer is finished: if the opponent finishes the given time, the opposing player wins the match.

3. - Ways to achieve the goal and how the game ends: well, to achieve the goal you have to think about the game that we are doing, that was the strategy to win. And there are ways in which the game ends and are in the following ways; That has managed to checkmate the king of his opponent.
    That his opponent has surrendered.
Rules:
- Chess is a game of two players, where one player is assigned white pieces and the other black. Each player has 16 pieces at the start of the game: a king, a queen or queen, two towers, two bishops, two horses and eight pawns.

Special Movements of King:
  • The king who has castling has not yet moved throughout the game.
  • The tower that has castling has not yet moved throughout the game
  • The king is not in check
  • The king moves to a square in which he can not be attacked by any enemy piece; For example, when casting, there must be no piece that can move (diagonally, in the case of pawns) to the square to which the king is to move. In other words, you can not cast iron for a check.
  • The king moves to a square where he can be attacked by an enemy piece; For example, you should not end the castling with your king in check.
  • All squares between the tower and the king before castling must be empty.

Coronation, transform or enter queen:
When one or more pawns enter a square on the eighth line of the opposing side, he has the right to ask for any piece, except for another pawn; And will choose the one that suits you, which will always be the best suited to the momentary contingencies of the game. The effect is immediate and permanent.

Time control:
A normal chess clock is used to limit the duration of the game. These clocks count the time it takes each player to perform their movements separately. The rules are very simple, if you go over time, you lose the game, so you have to plan your time.

Design: well, you will ask about the design, well I'm not sure yet, but I think you can make 3D textures of Chess figures. Anyway, I leave it to you.

Bibliography / Source obtained; http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/chess/en/games_rules_chess.html & http://ajedrez.elmundo.es/curso/ (spanish exactly)

If you have any questions, ask me.

Last edited:

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
How would an international sport fit into minecraft. But hey lets lose to some kids smart enough to type chess order into google. I am sorry but all that this would result in is people just copying famous chess games.

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
That seems like a very good game idea to me! I would love to play a game like this on cubecraft as its a game I haven't experienced on minecraft before and doesn't involve PvP. The only "issues" I really see is how the chess pieces would work as well as how you would balance the players. Since cubecraft is a big server and goes on signs it would be kind of hard to join a game when a game only requires 2 people to fill it up even if the signs do reset after every game. A suggestion for that is that it is done like the PvP area but... yeah xD I have a question though, how do you see the chessboard? Like, are you a part of the chess board or is there like a stand thing where you see it from?

Reactions: PoKu_Bllkth

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
That seems like a very good game idea to me! I would love to play a game like this on cubecraft as its a game I haven't experienced on minecraft before and doesn't involve PvP. The only "issues" I really see is how the chess pieces would work as well as how you would balance the players. Since cubecraft is a big server and goes on signs it would be kind of hard to join a game when a game only requires 2 people to fill it up even if the signs do reset after every game. A suggestion for that is that it is done like the PvP area but... yeah xD I have a question though, how do you see the chessboard? Like, are you a part of the chess board or is there like a stand thing where you see it from?
Maybe this could end up to be a small game in a hub/lobby. I don't think creating a full on lobby, game system, etc. for this is 100% necessary. I think it could be a small exercise players can do in the hub just for entertainment and concentration.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Maybe this could end up to be a small game in a hub/lobby. I don't think creating a full on lobby, game system, etc. for this is 100% necessary. I think it could be a small exercise players can do in the hub just for entertainment and concentration.
And why not adding it to Arcade games? :p That would be another option too, and if you want to join a game, just click an armorstand which will be in that area of the lobby.
Solved ;)

Btw, I love this idea, I have always liked board games and I'd like to see this game added.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Hi everyone!

Today I want to bring a new game called "Chess", as you know is the typical game of chess that is practically all over the world. And you will think, Why Chess? Well, chess helps the mind to exercise, so leaving aside the pvp, the better I'll put my strategy to the test.

Objective of the game:
- Practically some already know the objective of the game Chess, but we are going to explain it anyway; The objective of the game is to capture the king of the other player. The capture is never completed, but once the king is attacked and can not escape that capture, it is said to be a checkmate and the game is over.]

Gameplay:
- The game of chess is played between two opponents who alternately move their pieces on a square board. The player with the white (white) pieces begins the game.

1. - Start of the game: The game begins at the position shown below on the chessboard consisting of 64 squares on an 8x8 grid. White (player with lighter parts) makes the first move. Then each player has only one turn to move. In fact, a player should only make one move on each turn. In other words, you can not skip the turn to move.

2. - Once the timer is finished: if the opponent finishes the given time, the opposing player wins the match.

3. - Ways to achieve the goal and how the game ends: well, to achieve the goal you have to think about the game that we are doing, that was the strategy to win. And there are ways in which the game ends and are in the following ways; That has managed to checkmate the king of his opponent.
    That his opponent has surrendered.
Rules:
- Chess is a game of two players, where one player is assigned white pieces and the other black. Each player has 16 pieces at the start of the game: a king, a queen or queen, two towers, two bishops, two horses and eight pawns.

Special Movements of King:
  • The king who has castling has not yet moved throughout the game.
  • The tower that has castling has not yet moved throughout the game
  • The king is not in check
  • The king moves to a square in which he can not be attacked by any enemy piece; For example, when casting, there must be no piece that can move (diagonally, in the case of pawns) to the square to which the king is to move. In other words, you can not cast iron for a check.
  • The king moves to a square where he can be attacked by an enemy piece; For example, you should not end the castling with your king in check.
  • All squares between the tower and the king before castling must be empty.

Coronation, transform or enter queen:
When one or more pawns enter a square on the eighth line of the opposing side, he has the right to ask for any piece, except for another pawn; And will choose the one that suits you, which will always be the best suited to the momentary contingencies of the game. The effect is immediate and permanent.

Time control:
A normal chess clock is used to limit the duration of the game. These clocks count the time it takes each player to perform their movements separately. The rules are very simple, if you go over time, you lose the game, so you have to plan your time.

Design: well, you will ask about the design, well I'm not sure yet, but I think you can make 3D textures of Chess figures. Anyway, I leave it to you.

Bibliography / Source obtained; http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/chess/en/games_rules_chess.html & http: //ajedrez.elmundo.es/curso/ (spanish exactly)

If you have any questions, ask me.
I really like this idea. More strategy rather than PvP. My only fear is the lack of players, but I hope it becomes popular <3 .
If they plan on making a completely different lobby for this I think it should be for board games in general :D . So Chess, Checkers, Connect Four... You name it!

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016

Oooh yeah, that'd work. And if somehow, they plan to make more board games you could have a board game lobby just like @/AboodPlayz suggested.

Reactions: Cyan

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
About the game itself, I love the idea! Constantly pvping does start to feel repetitive, so I hang around in minerware just to regain focus and take a short break. If something similar to this were to be added, I would definetly visit there almost everytime I go into the server. It would be nice if there was a turtorial about how all pieces move, and some small strategies beginners can use :p

Last edited:

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I am a legend at chess.
I got 1st place at a rated chess tournament.

This would be a great addition.
(Replace BlockBand with it?)

Plus i would get ez wins because im really good at chess imo

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
If someone wants to play chess. They would play on a regular board or online. I do not think this is nesscary to implement on Cubecraft.

Reactions: LanceDaniels

PoKu_Bllkth

Jul 4, 2016
Venezuela
If someone wants to play chess. They would play on a regular board or online. I do not think this is nesscary to implement on Cubecraft.
Even that happened with the game Block-Band is like a Guitar Hero, but in minecraft. Someone can have a guitar connected to the game or even download it to the PC and normally play Guitar Hero, and was Implemented To Cubecraft (mc version) :p

EDIT: So what do you think now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Tha
It could go as cyanyellow siad it it could be like the pvp server where you just click to join a random match.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I agree with this. Frankly, I'm surprised you don't see it more often. The only downside I could see would be lack of players but as this thread it showing that doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Chess isn't really my favorite kind strategy game.
CCG games (Collectible Card Games) such as "Chronicles: Runescape Legends", "Hearthstone", "Card Wars" or my favorite "Gwent" (⌐□ل͜□) are what I enjoy more.
That's also one of the reasons why I would like SkyClash more if it wasn't for its 1.8 PvP.

Anyway, I doubt making an copy of a game like Gwent would attract more players. It seems like a waste of time. And since the game is free why do it?

But a Chess game could actually work. Making it like No Game No Life's Chess Game could come out very neat. Basically there will be a giant chess board with giant chess pieces the player spawns a bit higher on a platform. The opponent on the other side. I wouldn't really enjoy it playing chess inside the Hub. Doesn't seem fit. A solution could be a mannequin inside the Arcade lobby that teleports the player into a random game. Another nice feature would be if you right click players you can ask to 'duel'. Then you and the other player can go against each other in a chess game.
717bd9450c2c29442034f5a262e9c6f7ef1227cb_hq.jpg

PoKu_Bllkth

Jul 4, 2016
Venezuela
I agree with this. Frankly, I'm surprised you don't see it more often. The only downside I could see would be lack of players but as this thread it showing that doesn't seem to be much of a problem.
The players can enter the curiosity to see how the Chess was made in Cubecraft. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chess isn't really my favorite kind strategy game.
CCG games (Collectible Card Games) such as "Chronicles: Runescape Legends", "Hearthstone", "Card Wars" or my favorite "Gwent" (⌐□ل͜□) are what I enjoy more.
That's also one of the reasons why I would like SkyClash more if it wasn't for its 1.8 PvP.

Anyway, I doubt making an copy of a game like Gwent would attract more players. It seems like a waste of time. And since the game is free why do it?

But a Chess game could actually work. Making it like No Game No Life's Chess Game could come out very neat. Basically there will be a giant chess board with giant chess pieces the player spawns a bit higher on a platform. The opponent on the other side. I wouldn't really enjoy it playing chess inside the Hub. Doesn't seem fit. A solution could be a mannequin inside the Arcade lobby that teleports the player into a random game. Another nice feature would be if you right click players you can ask to 'duel'. Then you and the other player can go against each other in a chess game.
717bd9450c2c29442034f5a262e9c6f7ef1227cb_hq.jpg
  1. "Basically there will be a giant chess board with giant chess pieces the player spawns a bit higher on a platform". You mean something like this, right?
    BLwRvJx.png

2. "The opponent on the other side. I wouldn't really enjoy it playing chess inside the Hub. Doesn't seem fit. A solution could be a mannequin inside the Arcade lobby that teleports the player into a random game.". Exactly I thought something else, but in the Arcade lobby would be fine, as Jeff_Bllkth said, and you too.

3. "Another nice feature would be if you right click players you can ask to 'duel'. Then you and the other player can go against each other in a chess game". Had not thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion and support for my idea!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom