Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Wannoes

Novice Member
May 10, 2018
Hi everyone ;)

Today im here with a suggestion, you know that in e.g. Solo skywars you cant chat before the game starts, I don’t like that. Players without a rank can not suggest with game type to vote on... I don’t see any advantages of disabling the chat before a game starts. My suggestion is to enable chat before a game.

Greets Wannes

D

Deleted member 352903

I agree. It won't be annoying imo. There are lots of servers which you are able to talk before the game starts, and it isn't annoying

Reactions: Wannoes

FluffyRoses

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2013
If I go to a eggwars game people spam chat for what they want and I handle reports in which it's so bad they get muted.

Also a personal thing, as soon as they can chat I have 4 people mentioning my name in chat.

So honestly, I feel like you shouldn't be able to chat before the game starts in any game, I've bought my rank to vote for gamemodes I enjoy not what people force me to vote for.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
If I go to a eggwars game people spam chat for what they want and I handle reports in which it's so bad they get muted.

Also a personal thing, as soon as they can chat I have 4 people mentioning my name in chat.

So honestly, I feel like you shouldn't be able to chat before the game starts in any game, I've bought my rank to vote for gamemodes I enjoy not what people force me to vote for.
Exactly. It should be added in other gamemodes too.

Reactions: FluffyRoses

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
You can't make use of the chat in every gamemode where you spawn with glass around you. (SkyWars, EggWars, and so on, but I'm not sure about SG) So that doesn't really make sense imo.
Well, it isn't necessary in gamemodes where you spawn with glass around you. Add it into waiting lobbies too for example

Reactions: remio

FluffyRoses

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2013
You can't make use of the chat in every gamemode where you spawn with glass around you. (SkyWars, EggWars, and so on, but I'm not sure about SG) So that doesn't really make sense imo.

I'm not saying every game mode, however I do experience it in lucky islands and egg ears quite more than most games, it introduces targeting when you don't give them what they want and is quite hostile .

Reactions: remio

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
you can still talk in party chat, so if you really want to talk to someone that badly before a game, just party them and use party chat.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
you can still talk in party chat, so if you really want to talk to someone that badly before a game, just party them and use party chat.

Eh... it's a lot more convenient to just have the chat disabled.

I'm a bit mixed on this, there's really nothing to talk about in a game of Skywars. In most cases, the lobby fills up rather quickly, so asking everyone for what they want can be difficult sometimes.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Players without a rank can not suggest with game type to vote on...
The problem is basically the opposite of this. People would try to yell "OP OP OP", or "NORMAL NO PROJECTILES" like they do in the pre-lobby in team games. I don't see this being a huge issue, so if we disregard that, there's still this: Players wouldn't really need this, to be honest.
An even tinier problem I can see is that people are going to bring all the attention to a staff member in solo games, exponentially increasing the chance of them being focused.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016

If they spam the chat then mute them, that is your job after all.
It was your decision to become staff, you were told you would get attention from players before you became a staff, and you agreed to it, so you can't complain about that.
Nobody can force you to vote for gamemodes they want, only you can.

All in all, that is a nothing argument against something that would be beneficial for the community who want to say hi to people they know before the game starts, or to people who want to say "good luck everyone" before the game begins.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Reesle's profile.
You're very creative with your bundle and Skyblock Island ideas! You could be writing the specifications for Cube updates
Kazwa wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for everything! :( I wish you the best of luck in the future ^.^
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulationssss <3
zflrz wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratzzzzzzzz <3
Top Bottom