MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Changelog channel

Hello we all know that rules and other things change from time to time, but if this isn't announced somewhere. Then you can't easily know this. Yes, you can always check the rules everyday or ask it in discord. A changelog channel would change that, it is a channel were rule changes and other things get announced.

The idea:
In the section "cubecraft official" on the forums there is going to be added a new sub section called: "changelog". In this channel rule changes and other small updates that are too small for the newsboard can get announced. This would bennefit the server because people can check this channel for rule changes without needing to check it from time to time if something changed. But it would not only be the rules canges that get announced here, also serverwide minor changes. Such as the renaming of the discord role "Design manager" to "Senior Designer". This channel also can be used to announce bugs that have been patched/ the staff team is aware of. Then a similar bug report is sumbmitted less. (And Marieke2001 has less bug reports to handle then 😛.)
This also would be helpfull for the staff team and normal members, so that they can see when what changed in the rules and other things.

Permissions and perks:
The changelog channel is basically just information given to the community, so normal members can't reply to these updates. The threads would be locked. Members still can add reactions. As for who can post these updates, that is up for the staff team. Only admins or also moderators.

Lay-out:
Like i said earlier, there would be a new section in the newsboard (see image). And it would be under "News". The threads will be locked and everytime something has changed, it will be posted there in a new thread. On every update the date should be be there. It does not have to be a thread with 5 paragraphs, but just a brief summery of the change.
1594059903237.png

This was my idea about the changelog channel if you think something has to change or if it needs no addding at all please explain why so i can make my idea better.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Yes, I strongly support this, I think that the beta updates for games also need a designated spot, this is a great idea! This would be a good way to organize the forums better. I don’t really love the name ‘change log’, maybe something like ‘Updates’ would be a lot better. Great idea!

Reactions: Gregeyy

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, I strongly support this, I think that the beta updates for games also need a designated spot, this is a great idea! This would be a good way to organize the forums better. I don’t really love the name ‘change log’, maybe something like ‘Updates’ would be a lot better. Great idea!
I believe that major beta game updates get announced in the news board already. And for the name, i'm not sure. They both sound good enough for me.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I also agree, I know for a lot of people it's difficult if they add new things or changes. You also can see under the "News" section. Amazing, this is for little updates that are not that big to have such a big thread. For example, Not everyone knows that advertising is allowed every 5-10 minutes. Maybe that CubeCraft give us more information about that because you cannot see that in the rules. So they would spam it because they don't know about it. Also, for new staff members or their new function in the team. For example, what are they gonna do for the server. Also really interesting. Really nice that you thought about to add that for the "News" section. It's not for the big parts.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Changelog channel

Hello we all know that rules and other things change from time to time, but if this isn't announced somewhere. Then you can't easily know this. Yes, you can always check the rules everyday or ask it in discord. A changelog channel would change that, it is a channel were rule changes and other things get announced.

The idea:
In the section "cubecraft official" on the forums there is going to be added a new sub section called: "changelog". In this channel rule changes and other small updates that are too small for the newsboard can get announced. This would bennefit the server because people can check this channel for rule changes without needing to check it from time to time if something changed. But it would not only be the rules canges that get announced here, also serverwide minor changes. Such as the renaming of the discord role "Design manager" to "Senior Designer". This channel also can be used to announce bugs that have been patched/ the staff team is aware of. Then a similar bug report is sumbmitted less. (And Marieke2001 has less bug reports to handle then 😛.)
This also would be helpfull for the staff team and normal members, so that they can see when what changed in the rules and other things.

Permissions and perks:
The changelog channel is basically just information given to the community, so normal members can't reply to these updates. The threads would be locked. Members still can add reactions. As for who can post these updates, that is up for the staff team. Only admins or also moderators.

Lay-out:
Like i said earlier, there would be a new section in the newsboard (see image). And it would be under "News". The threads will be locked and everytime something has changed, it will be posted there in a new thread. On every update the date should be be there. It does not have to be a thread with 5 paragraphs, but just a brief summery of the change.
View attachment 169656

This was my idea about the changelog channel if you think something has to change or if it needs no addding at all please explain why so i can make my idea better.

Yes, I strongly support this, this is a great idea! This would be a good way to organize the forums better, maybe something like ‘Updates’ would be a lot better. Great idea!

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
This is certainly a topic you don’t see many posts on. I really think this is necessary, because it’s quite hard, even for us staff members, to keep up with all the small updates, even if they do get announced eventually.

While I do think this is necessary, I don’t think it should have it’s own personal forum. I would prefer it if they just posted weekly changelogs or so in the current news forum.

Anyhow, I still think this is an interesting subject and idea proposal. It deserves the attention.

- Escalated ⭐

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I wouldn't be interested in reading about minor changes or rules changes and that's why I don't think it should be added

• Sad

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn't be interested in reading about minor changes or rules changes and that's why I don't think it should be added
If you don't want to read minor changes feel free to, no one is forbidding you otherwise. But it could be nice for other people that care about minor changes. And it is also to log when what update came.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom