Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
So, this has been bothering quite a lot of players recently. In Skywars, you got a speed kit. I think we all know that. But, the speed gives you extra reach plus you are able to chase anyone you want, as you will always be faster. (Unless your opponent chose the same kit.) If a player is strafing and you are out of pots, it's pretty hard to aim. That's why I am suggesting this.

Some might say, ''Save up your potions if it bothers you!'' but no, I can't. I need them when fighting against some good players. The kit gives you an enormous advantage in fights. Especially when the opponent hasn't got any speed pots. Yes, you can still kill players who have speed on them, but it's pretty hard if they're strafing well. Also, if you want to be able to win against all those tryhards, you are pretty much forced to pick the speed kit. Without it, it will be a lot harder to take them down. Especially when you can't run away, as they're waaaay faster with their speed!

Every kit gives you some form of advantage. At least, most of them do, but the speed kit is just too good and gives you a way too big advantage.
I suggest reducing the speed to speed 1. Please let me know what you guys think about this. I will be happy to hear your thoughts, even if they are super negative!

Reactions: Soeshi and Kloska

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
if you dont like it, buy the speed kit
its a great kit which many people use and it's not unbalanced at all imo, just increase ur sensitivity if it's that much of a problem

Reactions: Priley

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
But, the speed gives you extra reach
AFAIK, no it doesn't.

you are able to chase anyone you want, as you will always be faster.
Yes, that is indeed basically the definition of the speed effect.

Some might say, ''Save up your potions if it bothers you!'' but no, I can't. I need them when fighting against some good players.
This is more of an individual thing, so I can't really say much for others.
In my experience, I've never needed to use speed at all. I hate using it, actually. You don't need speed pots to beat someone; that's a fact.
I personally don't see why you need speed to kill others, to be honest.

Yes, you can still kill players who have speed on them, but it's pretty hard if they're strafing well.
In other words, you can kill them if you're good enough. If not, use speed yourself and get used to it. I personally advocate against speed as it messes up my aiming and whatnot, so I've grown accustomed to fighting people with speed whilst not using speed myself. If I can do that, anyone can. After all: "Difficult" is subjective.

Also, if you want to be able to win against all those tryhards, you are pretty much forced to pick the speed kit. Without it, it will be a lot harder to take them down. Especially when you can't run away, as they're waaaay faster with their speed!
You don't have to pick speed to win. I never use it, and I don't really have trouble with dealing with them. I typically just let them run away to fight them at a later time so they don't get to outrun me. Sure, if you're in a bad spot, you can't run. That's natural considering what the speed effect does. What does this mean?
You can do two things:
A. Run in a way where speed doesn't give anyone any direct advantages. (A way of doing this is to run in a somewhat unpredictable and/or unnatural way. Most of the time, going vertical is the weakness of people that use the speed effect. It wastes their potion, and allows you to get away safely.
B. Fight it out anyways. You might surprise yourself & they'll start to run, meaning you'll get to get your bearings & replenish your health.
If you can't do either of these, you lose. Simple as that. It's as fair as it gets.

Every kit gives you some form of advantage. At least, most of them do, but the speed kit is just too good and gives you a way too big advantage.
As much as I dislike it, it's not like it's broken imo. I personally don't have much trouble with it, and I really dislike using it myself. It's risky on its own to get used to two different speeds, FOV's, etc. in vanilla, as you won't be as good at one as you are with the other.
In other words: You're trading the ability to be really good in one situation, with the ability to be okay in 2 different situations. Not using speed gives you lots of experience on how to deal with people that do have speed, thus allowing you to improve on dealing with them.

I don't really care about what happens with the speed effect, since I never use it myself. Dealing with those who've got speed 2 isn't an issue for me, so that's not really a reason to change it; it's a subjective reasoning.
From what it seems, you seem to only complain about speed when you're at the disadvantage, but not when you're at the advantage. If you can't deal with those players, that's your problem. It's not difficult to overcome that by any means. I've done so myself, anyways.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Whenever I take the speed kit I end up not using any of my bottles because I am scared I might need them to run away :P
So it's not really needed in my opinion, but I don't know I don't play much Skywars

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
This is more of an individual thing, so I can't really say much for others.
In my experience, I've never needed to use speed at all. I hate using it, actually. You don't need speed pots to beat someone; that's a fact.
I personally don't see why you need speed to kill others, to be honest.
Of course not, it's just way easier to kill someone with speed, at least, that's what I think. You don't need speed to kill others, but if everyone on the map got the speed kit, it's just really handy to have them on you too. Especially when fighting some better players who know how to strafe.
You don't have to pick speed to win. I never use it, and I don't really have trouble with dealing with them. I typically just let them run away to fight them at a later time so they don't get to outrun me. Sure, if you're in a bad spot, you can't run. That's natural considering what the speed effect does. What does this mean?
You can do two things:
A. Run in a way where speed doesn't give anyone any direct advantages. (A way of doing this is to run in a somewhat unpredictable and/or unnatural way. Most of the time, going vertical is the weakness of people that use the speed effect. It wastes their potion, and allows you to get away safely.
B. Fight it out anyways. You might surprise yourself & they'll start to run, meaning you'll get to get your bearings & replenish your health.
If you can't do either of these, you lose. Simple as that. It's as fair as it gets.
That are some options, but keep in mind they do not work most of the times. :)
I don't really care about what happens with the speed effect, since I never use it myself. Dealing with those who've got speed 2 isn't an issue for me, so that's not really a reason to change it; it's a subjective reasoning.
From what it seems, you seem to only complain about speed when you're at the disadvantage, but not when you're at the advantage. If you can't deal with those players, that's your problem. It's not difficult to overcome that by any means. I've done so myself, anyways.
I understand some do not like playing with speed and yes, you can kill players when you're at the disadvantage. Though, I saw some players complaining about it recently. I am not creating this thread because I dislike, and I don't complain about it because I am at the disadvantage. I just think the kit is a bit unbalanced. Nothing to do with me not being able to handle it. I honestly love speed, but not in Skywars.

Thanks for the comment! :D

Whenever I take the speed kit I end up not using any of my bottles because I am scared I might need them to run away :p
Haha, yup. Happens quite often!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Of course not, it's just way easier to kill someone with speed, at least, that's what I think. You don't need speed to kill others, but if everyone on the map got the speed kit, it's just really handy to have them on you too. Especially when fighting some better players who know how to strafe.
I disagree about the part where it's helpful, but mostly because I don't use speed.
If you think you need it, pick the kit. If you run out of potions in a game and need one, then you should've preserved them.

That are some options, but keep in mind they do not work most of the times. :)
And?
Not everything is supposed to work 100% of the time. That applies to everything.

I understand some do not like playing with speed and yes, you can kill players when you're at the disadvantage.
To be fair, the disadvantage isn't too big imo. But as you know, that's also an opinion, so I can only speak for my self in this case.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Top Bottom