Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
I think that 99.99% of the people that play on cubecraft can agree that the current way the leader boards are ran is terrible. For me, majoring in the game Eggwars, I would actually like a chance to be on the top once in awhile. I've played eggwars for about 6-12 months now, and have gotten NO progression on the leader board at all. This isn't because I'm bad at playing the game, it's because the leader boards are TRAAAAAASSSSHHHHHH! The top 5 members of the leader boards at the moments are Shadoshi, Zuno, Neo, FluffyMambas (Aihu), and Miguel. The reason they're at the top isn't because individually they are good at the game, it's because they grind matches like Rome and mansion together for easy and quick wins. For the 6 months that I've been playing the game, I've racked up about 700 wins, this is because I like playing longer games with more excitement (like Teaparty). However, Shadoshi has 13,000 wins. The problem with this is I have fought Aihu, Neo, and Shadoshi several times and beat them (don't let that statement cause a problem, they beat me too ofc), but there is no way I would ever get ANY recognition for being a good Eggwars player because It would take year(s) of grinding and boring mansions to even get close to the amount of wins they have. What i propose is that the leader boards don't just motivate people to get the most wins as possible, but to have more objectives so that it's not just recognition for whoever can play more mansions in a shorter period of time. For Eggwars I would like to see Eggs Broken, Kills, Games Won, and Largest Win Streak. If I left anything out that should be on the leader board, correct me in the comments. For games like SG, SW, TD, and Minerware, I don't play enough to know what should be added, i just know that there should be more. I also believe that the leader boards should be wiped every month - 2 months because it gives newer members of cubecraft a chance to be up there if they can prove themselves. Maybe it could be implemented that those on the leader board can receive exclusive prizes after they get reset each month or so? Idk, either way this needs to be changed. Who agrees? Where is my like? But seriously, things like this I feel I shouldn't have to make a thread on, others should've already done it for me... it's been 6 months broyos.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I kinda agree with you, its unfair that new people or just people that really try can't even get close to the leaderboard because they have so much wins or kills on FFA.

But its also unfair to delete it every month because they lose their place.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
If they added a separate monthly leaderboard too, at least that would make eggwars more competitive and would highly likely get more people playing it too. Tbh I don't know why Cubecraft refuse to make the gameplay competitive, we've asked for things similar like this to be added to duels but they do nothing and instead add games like Island Wars to impress the 9 year olds, so frustrating

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
I kinda agree with you, its unfair that new people or just people that really try can't even get close to the leaderboard because they have so much wins or kills on FFA.

But its also unfair to delete it every month because they lose their place.
It would make things way more competitive, if the 5 people on the leaderboards right now are as good as the boards say they are, then they can end every month on top. The greater amount of things the leader boards display will also be a factor, so they can dominate more than one category.

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
If they added a separate monthly leaderboard too, at least that would make eggwars more competitive and would highly likely get more people playing it too. Tbh I don't know why Cubecraft refuse to make the gameplay competitive, we've asked for things similar like this to be added to duels but they do nothing and instead add games like Island Wars to impress the 9 year olds, so frustrating
The thing is there is leaderboards, so not only is it not competitive but it makes you feel like it should be. You feel like its competitive but there is no way you will ever get there, way worse amirite.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
It would make things way more competitive, if the 5 people on the leaderboards right now are as good as the boards say they are, then they can end every month on top. The greater amount of things the leader boards display will also be a factor, so they can dominate more than one category.
That's true but think if they have, lets say 4000 wins and if they just get removed from the leaderboard they will not see a reason to play and more people will quit.

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
That's true but think if they have, lets say 4000 wins and if they just get removed from the leaderboard they will not see a reason to play and more people will quit.
If those 5 people quit its not as bad as the 100s that will quit because staff is doing so little to further the community. They will still have their wins in the person charts, but it's honestly so unfair to way more starters that they will NEVER hit the top because these people think they're good by farming the map Rome and Mansion. I honestly don't think anyone will quit, they will probably be happier that they will actually have competition. The main part of this thread is how other parts should be added though, so it will be competitive all around. With a leader board where it's 'most eggs destroyed' it will encourage people to actually destroy eggs instead of camp.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
If those 5 people quit its not as bad as the 100s that will quit because staff is doing so little to further the community. They will still have their wins in the person charts, but it's honestly so unfair to way more starters that they will NEVER hit the top because these people think they're good by farming the map Rome and Mansion. I honestly don't think anyone will quit, they will probably be happier that they will actually have competition. The main part of this thread is how other parts should be added though, so it will be competitive all around. With a leader board where it's 'most eggs destroyed' it will encourage people to actually destroy eggs instead of camp.
But more and more people quit, maybe 5 people doesnt matter right now but later it will because of Cubecraft's stats. When the time is around 12-1pm in sweden there i live its like 1000-2000 people online and maybe 10.000-15.000 people on Hypixel so...

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
But more and more people quit, maybe 5 people doesnt matter right now but later it will because of Cubecraft's stats. When the time is around 12-1pm in sweden there i live its like 1000-2000 people online and maybe 10.000-15.000 people on Hypixel so...
5 people dont matter more than 100, thats just bad math. these 5 people are NOT the best at eggwars and do NOT deserve the publicity the leader boards are giving them right now. They are grinding maps where they have less than a 1% chance of winning and they will even admit it to you. They will not stop playing for the leader board wipe but i will stop playing if small things like this that would definitely further the community dont ever get implemented.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
All time leaderboard should be there obviously, the monthly leaderboard will be SEPARATE, it will not REPLACE the all time leaderboard

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
All time leaderboard should be there obviously, the monthly leaderboard will be SEPARATE, it will not REPLACE the all time leaderboard
This would work too, (Even though I think all the people on the all time leader boards are getting there by being boring and having little skill)

Sep 28, 2017
I second this

KittyKatMeg

Dec 25, 2016
I understand what you mean, I think maybe not restart the all time ones, but have a separate one for monthly maybe?

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
I understand what you mean, I think maybe not restart the all time ones, but have a separate one for monthly maybe?
Yeah seperate monthly ones would make me happy, I didn't think that through enough. Definitely need ones that will be wiped, friendly competition might be what cubecraft needs to start booming again

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Monthly/weekly leaderboard option wouldn't work either to be honest.
They'd still grind the matches and be on those too.

Why do you need to have recognition as a good eggwars player?
If you win the game, you're obviously seen as good compared to those who lost, right?
The biggest difference between you and the leaderboard players is time. They spend a lot of their time, day in day out, playing games over and over again to get hundreds of wins. They're dedicated to keep their spot on the leaderboard. Does that give them extra recognition? Sure, they did invest tons of their time into this server.
Leaderboard'ers (that's what I'm calling it) aren't bad at the game at all. They have the right to think that they're good at it. It's not like they assume they're always the best at it though.
For Eggwars I would like to see Eggs Broken, Kills, Games Won, and Largest Win Streak.
All of these would likely go to the same people. Look at the Tower Defence statistics for instance: The top senders are usually also on the top winners leaderboard.
I also believe that the leader boards should be wiped every month - 2 months because it gives newer members of cubecraft a chance to be up there if they can prove themselves.
A. What's stopping the current leaderboarders from continuing to grind wins like they already are? They'll end up on the leaderboards again without a doubt.
B. This is pretty unfair for them as it'll basically be a slap in their face saying "Great! you spent weeks of playing time just to have your spot cleared for the newer players who haven't spent nearly as much time playing!"

Maybe it could be implemented that those on the leader board can receive exclusive prizes after they get reset each month or so? Idk, either way this needs to be changed.
This would encourage people to grind maps like Rome and Mansion so they can get these prizes. This only contradicts what you want.

If those 5 people quit its not as bad as the 100s that will quit because staff is doing so little to further the community.
Wouldn't this give people a bad impression of Cube?
Completely wiping all of the time and effort put into being a leaderboarder isn't necessarily fair. (according to what you are saying in the main thread)
5 people dont matter more than 100, thats just bad math.
These 5 players have the most experience in Eggwars, so completely disregarding them isn't an option either. Instead of satisfying the majority, we could try to satisfy everyone.

In short:
Nobody ever said the leaderboarders were the best at this game.
Yes, they deserve the publicity because of the sheer amount of time and effort they put into pursuing their goal.
Monthly leaderboards are an option. However, that won't stop the same people from grinding to the top of those.
We can't completely disregard their opinion as they're one of the most experienced group of players in said minigame.

The leaderboard isn't a place to show how great you are at the game, but rather how dedicated you are. It can be competitive if perceived as such, but there's no official clarification to whether leaderboards are meant to be a competitive spot or not.

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
Monthly/weekly leaderboard option wouldn't work either to be honest.
They'd still grind the matches and be on those too.

Why do you need to have recognition as a good eggwars player?
If you win the game, you're obviously seen as good compared to those who lost, right?
The biggest difference between you and the leaderboard players is time. They spend a lot of their time, day in day out, playing games over and over again to get hundreds of wins. They're dedicated to keep their spot on the leaderboard. Does that give them extra recognition? Sure, they did invest tons of their time into this server.
Leaderboard'ers (that's what I'm calling it) aren't bad at the game at all. They have the right to think that they're good at it. It's not like they assume they're always the best at it though.

All of these would likely go to the same people. Look at the Tower Defence statistics for instance: The top senders are usually also on the top winners leaderboard.

A. What's stopping the current leaderboarders from continuing to grind wins like they already are? They'll end up on the leaderboards again without a doubt.
B. This is pretty unfair for them as it'll basically be a slap in their face saying "Great! you spent weeks of playing time just to have your spot cleared for the newer players who haven't spent nearly as much time playing!"

This would encourage people to grind maps like Rome and Mansion so they can get these prizes. This only contradicts what you want.

Wouldn't this give people a bad impression of Cube?
Completely wiping all of the time and effort put into being a leaderboarder isn't necessarily fair. (according to what you are saying in the main thread)

These 5 players have the most experience in Eggwars, so completely disregarding them isn't an option either. Instead of satisfying the majority, we could try to satisfy everyone.

In short:
Nobody ever said the leaderboarders were the best at this game.
Yes, they deserve the publicity because of the sheer amount of time and effort they put into pursuing their goal.
Monthly leaderboards are an option. However, that won't stop the same people from grinding to the top of those.
We can't completely disregard their opinion as they're one of the most experienced group of players in said minigame.

The leaderboard isn't a place to show how great you are at the game, but rather how dedicated you are. It can be competitive if perceived as such, but there's no official clarification to whether leaderboards are meant to be a competitive spot or not.
This entire post makes no sense. You said that people who get the most wins will get the most kills. How would a 10v10 with your friends where you kill about 2 people on average get the same amount of kills as a teaparty where you take down 3 bases by yourself? How would a 10v10 with your friends get you the same amount of egg breaks (MAYBE 1) to a teaparty where you can break 5? Yes the grinding mansion would end up the same for the leaderboard tops.. but the thing is if other people wanna try to compete to grind as much as them they can, they will NEVER catch up. Right now, if i wanted to grind mansion my whole life id never catch up, id need 12k wins and its impossible to get more than 100 in one night. You dont have to disregard them, make a separate monthy chart fixes the problem. Your entire thread was rude and made no sense, good for you.

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
First off, Miguel quit and he is not playing anymore ( I think). I myself played with Neo, and fluffy the thing is that they don't play maps like rome and mansion a lot, they tend to play different maps and eventually they play tea parties a lot, they just play with good people who can actually kill an entire team alone . I don't agree with you with the leaderbaord reset because believe it or not, the same people will tryhard and stay on the leaderbaords and you eventually will have 0 chance of getting to it,unless you play all day.

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
First off, Miguel quit and he is not playing anymore ( I think). I myself played with Neo, and fluffy the thing is that they don't play maps like rome and mansion a lot, they tend to play different maps and eventually they play tea parties a lot, they just play with good people who can actually kill an entire team alone . I don't agree with you with the leaderbaord reset because believe it or not, the same people will tryhard and stay on the leaderbaords and you eventually will have 0 chance of getting to it,unless you play all day.
There is more than 5 tryhards, i promise the MONTHLY leader boards would have different outcomes. If you guys wanna tryhard on rome for the most wins thats fine, but you won't get more egg breaks than the other players. As for you guys playing on teapartys... thats a lie. I play teaparty at least 2 hours a day NEVER see you guys on, EVERY single time i go on a rome 'Tristayyy Magrolix, Spleeefy, Aihu, etc. ' The thing is you guys make it so not fun for anyone else because you form 10 player squads that the maps suck now. All aside, I think now that the original leader boards should be kept, but there should be monthly ones too, and they would indeed have different outcomes than the ones now.

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
There is more than 5 tryhards, i promise the MONTHLY leader boards would have different outcomes. If you guys wanna tryhard on rome for the most wins thats fine, but you won't get more egg breaks than the other players. As for you guys playing on teapartys... thats a lie. I play teaparty at least 2 hours a day NEVER see you guys on, EVERY single time i go on a rome 'Tristayyy Magrolix, Spleeefy, Aihu, etc. ' The thing is you guys make it so not fun for anyone else because you form 10 player squads that the maps suck now. All aside, I think now that the original leader boards should be kept, but there should be monthly ones too, and they would indeed have different outcomes than the ones now.
True, we tryhard a lot, especially on weekends I once stayed up until 3am playing eggwars. I know that there are many more tryhards playing eggwars, still that will not change the fact that the same people will be on the boards you are suggesting.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
True, we tryhard a lot, especially on weekends I once stayed up until 3am playing eggwars. I know that there are many more tryhards playing eggwars, still that will not change the fact that the same people will be on the boards you are suggesting.
Miguel doesnt play, so someone else will be there. Im saying have 4+ different categories which would make room for more people. Some people like breaking eggs, some people like farming kills, some people like winning. You play just as much as your friends, wouldnt you like a chance to be on the monthly just as everyone else has?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
BicolourSine41 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Sorry that i am late but Happy Birthday!! 🎈
BicolourSine41 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom