Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
TL;DR: frequent and smaller game updates, LTMs, good suggestion > 25 votes, let developers play around more

So I've noticed over the years that games don't really get updated even though they need updates. Be it big content updates, balancing updates, bug fixes, or just QoL additions that make the game way more enjoyable. I've played on cube since like 2018/2019 and most games haven't been changed since then apart from the new knockback(which btw is garbage) nothing really changed. Something that kept me playing Fortnite was the fact that there were weekly updates and always new stuff to explore/try out/have fun with. I kinda miss that here on Cube. Yes, I know that Minecraft and Fortnite are 2 completely different games, but that doesn't mean that they should have completely different principles. I liked how Epic Games listened to their community(which they stopped doing eventually, that was also when I quit Fortnite) and therefore adjusted the game to the players' likings. The only real way for the Cubecraft community to communicate with the Admins/Devs/Designers is via this subforum, and even then, not all suggestions get forwarded. Those that reach the 25 agrees mark often just stay on forwarded or planned. Okay cool it's planned for an update in a few weeks if not months but we want it now. Making smaller and more frequent updates is better than making a big update every few years. In my opinion, If a staff member thinks that something would be a great change/addition, why not implement it regardless if it hit the 25 agrees mark and see how people react. If they don't like it, just revert it. It's what epic games did and it's what Cubecraft should do too. The balancing in SkyWars(bedrock Idk bout java) is utter garbage. And it's been like this for at least 2 years. Survival Games also hasn't been updated in a long time. Only with updates games can evolve. Yes, it's hard to compare Fortnite to a Minecraft server but it's possible. Take a look at Wynncraft or Hypixel Skyblock. Actually, forget about Wynncraft and HySb. Take a look at Cubecraft itself. What first started to be a server for a few friends ended up being one of the biggest in the world. That could only happen because of updates and upgrades. Imagine what Cube would've become if Rubik didn't update it. Everything we have now is only possible because of updates and changes. Now, how could a Minecraft server get frequent updates like Fortnite for example, some might ask. Well, I've thought about this already and came up with some ideas, which are:
- Limited time modes. No idea what that is? Don't worry, ill explain it: Limited time modes (short LTMs) are like normal games, but with a twist. This twist could be something big, like lucky blocks in skywars(or any other game really) or something subtle like changing loot tables.
- Implement suggestions regardless of the thread reaching 25 agrees if they are good
- Don't try to make big updates; smaller, more frequent updates are better
- Just play around with ideas and find out if the players like it or not
ok it's 12 pm now and I probably forgot something and if I did ill just add it later. gn

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly this is what ive always wanted, Cube needs to take some risks and experiment. Everytime i log onto cubecraft atm i look at the npc's and think about how boring playing a game of that would be and just leave again... Cube has gotten so boring, its the same games and same broken content over and over.

Some original games and content would be appreciated, i mean how STUPID can a server be removing all there original games, like why did speed eggwars, bingo and arcade in general have to go, like how was that gonna make the server more popular??? removing popular games isnt making the server more popular

Cube being more open about there vision for the future and future content in general would be greatly appreciated, maybe some people will have more hope for a better cube in the future.. cubes leaking rule is SO FUNNY like as if telling us when a bug will be fixed is going to ruin our player experience??!??!?!?!? this will only make us appreciate cube more, honestly how does this do anything bad for cube?! just telling us about the status of bugs and already planned content would be a good step forward in general

having weekly changes to bring new content and spark interest for cube again would be so much better than adding an update every couple of months.. its so risky adding a new and huge update every couple of months, like with all that work people really mightn't like it.. adding a small update every week that some may not like but others will is much safer as it ensures they can tweak something small.

ATM i really dont like the cube server, and the games in general.. the only reason im still in cube is because of the great communitee in the discord and on the forums

I would love for Cube to release smaller content updates more regularly and be WAY more open with future plans, HOW DOES TELLING US WHATS GOING ON MAKE CUBE BAD?! TELLING US WHEN A BUG IS GOING TO BE FIXED WILL ACTUALLY MAKE US LIKE YOU

IMO:
- Add back speed eggwars and all the other original games for bedrock and maybe some for java.
- Be way more open about when bugs will be fixed.
- Be way more open about future content plans.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
like why did speed eggwars, bingo and arcade in general have to go,
All those games had low player counts. Running servers costs money and it’s not worth spending that money if only -100 players play those games at once, or even less. It’s also not worth keeping it up due to extremely large waiting times. If you’d have to wait 20 minutes for an unpopular game to start, would you wait? In the end its just a downwards cycle and I think it was more than fair of them to remove those games at the time they were seen the resources they had.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Removing all they're original games definetly didn't help there player count, it wasn't smart. Thinking of a better strategy then just removing all the low player count games would have been much much better.. I mean if cube still follows the reasoning above be scared for cube java bcs most of they're games are below 100 at times

Cube java needs risks and adding back games like speed egg and bingo would be a risk but it's a good risk and if it works it works if it doesn't just take it out again, not that hard

• Agree
Reactions: Amazinq

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
I can see that you had to get this off your chest and just wrote as fast as your thoughts flowed, I respect that however that does leave some questionable suggestions.

LTMs. 100% agree here, LTMs made me come to back to Fortnite every now and then. GALAXITE does them, and I believe LTMs are the future. Have more than just seasonal ones, the old game modes that have been removed should be returned in LTM forms.

Implement non-forwarded suggestions? Well if a person that has power sees them, they can just bring it up to the team. If they don’t see them, then that’s too bad but you can’t blame them. They can’t look through every single suggestion considering most of them are flat out stupid. If the suggestion really was good then it would’ve gotten 25+ agrees so they usually aren’t missing out on too much. So for this one I really don’t see the point as even of the suggestion is really good, if the community doesn’t want it what’s the point? It’s like the New Bedrock KB, most of the community likes it, if you don’t like it and your suggestion to change it gets a lot of disagrees, there’s no point on them changing it.

Smaller more frequent updates? I disagree here depending what your definition of “frequent” is. Greatness doesn’t happen overnight, if they go for quantity over quality they either start making bad updates or they just get burnt out. Once we get our hands on their Summer Update Part 2 RPG we might think of ourselves as stupid for thinking that they should be more frequent. Should they be consistent? Yes. Frequent? If it sacrifices a significant amount of quality then no.

Play around with ideas? They do play around with ideas a lot, but instead of reverting when the idea is hated they innovate and try and fix it. When they updated Java to 1.9 and received hate, they didn’t flat out revert it. This is why the “Beta games” section exists, this is how they experiment without having it seems like a completely shameful failure if they eventually remove the game. It doesn’t look good on them if they remove everything, they do a lot of experimenting. The Spring RPG was the definition of taking a risk and experimenting to ultimately innovate. This is why the Spring RPG was limited time, if it wasn’t temporarily and it flopped, it would look like the biggest L of the decade, since it was an LTM even if it failed it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. They play around with ideas, but instead of a bunch of small ideas, they play around with big ideas meaning it’s only natural it can’t be that frequent.

ofc all of this is my opinion, I dunno how CubeCraft actually thinks.

Last edited:

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Removing all they're original games definetly didn't help there player count, it wasn't smart. Thinking of a better strategy then just removing all the low player count games would have been much much better.. I mean if cube still follows the reasoning above be scared for cube java bcs most of they're games are below 100 at times

Cube java needs risks and adding back games like speed egg and bingo would be a risk but it's a good risk and if it works it works if it doesn't just take it out again, not that hard
What would’ve been a better strategy? Remember, this is 2018-2019, Minecraft was dying and they didn’t have a lot of resources. CubeCraft’s staff team had all but entirely left, they had basically given up hope. They spent a lot of money on Bedrock and they wanted to minimize their lobby into having games that were the most popular, and were possible to port to Bedrock. They didn’t have the time nor money to flesh out a way to revive themselves, they were desperate and needed to do something that was guaranteed to at least let them remain afloat until they could fix themselves.

Besides, that was old CubeCraft, they are a lot smarter now. Maybe you thinking bridging back a revamped version of an old game is a risk after all they did it with Skyblock and it was a success, and while that is a risk and even bigger risk would be to make a new game catered towards an entirely new market of players.

“Just take it out if it doesn’t work” it isn’t that simply either. By doing that they Lose A lot of time, effort, and resources. CubeCraft doesn’t cut their losses and go home. Maybe it’s stupid, but it‘s in CubeCraft’s nature to keep fiddling With things until they work. You can’t change their nature.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
IMO:
- Add back speed eggwars and all the other original games for bedrock and maybe some for java.
- Be way more open about when bugs will be fixed.
- Be way more open about future content plans.
Adding back games is ok but they’ll only do so well. Depending on how much effort they take, it might be best for them to just move on.

More open about bugs yes 100%. There’s literally no reason I can think of that makes it so they can’t update us on bugs.

Open about the future? Nah. If they do that, the community will be expecting something. Besides, surprises can be good and not giving away information let’s them be as flexible as they want with their release dates without receiving backlash for a delay or cancellation or something.

Look at the Hive, they have a roadmap. It doesn’t show dates But that still ruins the magic. We already know that mixed arcade, swarms, etc are all coming. Like imagine if they were told us that they were in negotiations with Sega to bring Sonic to the Hive. That would suck that such a great update wouldn’t be a surprise.

By being secretive, no server can steal the idea, they won‘t be under pressure to make things fast, etc.

Last edited:

_EliteDanny

Dec 10, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
more frequent updates is better than making a big update every few years.
100% agree with this especially with the new summer rpg or something yes it’ll probably be cool for a week or two but still I’d much rather get bug fixes and updates to permanent games than to something i’d see for a few weeks and it’s gone. I don’t want to hate on cubecraft and tell them how to run their server but i honestly think the community would love this and make the player count rise. And adding back games wouldn’t be a bad idea either because now that the player count (on java at least) as increased a ton from when those games were removed maybe now they’ll get more players and can be added back I 100% agree with this thread and it deserves to be seen

Reactions: Matriox

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I couldn't care less about adding back older games, what I care about is already existing games. Cube said they turned them into the featured game system to avoid having to spend time on less played games, but that is absolutely no excuse to not update them. As far as I'm aware. not a single one of the featured games have received an update and it's downright disgraceful. These games can't just be left neglected and if/when they die because of it, it will be too late.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
It’s easier for a company like epic games to bring out an update every week. They just have a way bigger budget and possibly more and better devs with more time.

Reactions: GiGaGekkies
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom