Want to get 1.8 gamemodes back?

• Yes

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

SleightJade

Sep 24, 2016
So many players hate 1.9 pvp, why make it worse taking away gamemodes? So many players don't play on cubecraft because they taken away fun gamemodes for 1.8 and go to hypixel and other servers. Giving these gamemodes back can gain popularity back for cubecraft.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

You can log into 1.8 for eggwars and Skywars. I play eggwars and Skywars in 1.8 but there soon may be other game modes in 1.8 too, but the staff team has other higher priorities than to turn gamemode into 1.8 like making a good antichheat and other things.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I still dont get it why people like 1.8
1.8: spam2win or hacks2win
1.9 skill2win pots2win or bow2win

Reactions: SirFly

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
So many players hate 1.9 pvp, why make it worse taking away gamemodes? So many players don't play on cubecraft because they taken away fun gamemodes for 1.8 and go to hypixel and other servers. Giving these gamemodes back can gain popularity back for cubecraft.
there is a reason that they aren't they can't be the commands and technical features don't work in 1.8

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
this may not make sense to you but just go with it okay

the server uses i assume multi-world so it is basically each game is a server in it self and each lobby has that game
that is it in simpler words
There's many instances of the same lobby. Notice that a 1.9 SW lobby 1 is different than a 1.8 SW lobby 1? First, it's the version that specifies what lobby corresponds to which. Second, the game servers also have that same distinction as with the 1.8/1.9 lobbies. I know there's a plugin called BungeeCord that can redirect players to their desired lobbies when the player "calls" the game lobby.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
1.9 involves more skill based PvP, than luck and spam based PvP. ( @Tactic_Gaming said "So many players hate 1.9 PvP", Which is COMPLETELY NOT TRUE in my opinion. I see more people playing 1.9+ than 1.8).
If 1.8 gamemodes were added, then people would try it out, maybe like it, therefore having less people on the 1.9+ client, meaning 1.9+ would slowly die out on cubecraft.

Plus, some of the maps for different gamemodes include blocks that are 1.9+, so the maps would have to be edited or not used in 1.8 ( reffering back to the part before this, 1.8 becoming more popular than 1.9+), so what if that was someones favorite map with 1.9+ blocks?
They would not be able to play there favorite map in 1.8 unless edited.

You also said people play on other servers because CubeCraft (the best server ever), doesnt support all of there gamemodes in 1.8.
I personnaly find this wrong, you can play Skywars, Eggwars, and (PvP but on a 1.9+ client).
Its not all of the gamemodes, but its the most popular ones i think.
And if people play on other servers just for the sake of 1.8, and finding the other servers fun, then why would they comeback to Cubecraft?

You ALSO mentioned this would bring back the servers popularity, theres only one problem.
This would only bring back popularity to the 1.8 gamemodes, like i said, ruining 1.9+ on cubecraft.

Also, (This is my point, not basing it off of your comment), i like 1.9+ because of the different blocks they get to make maps out of, in 1.8 you cant make the maps you can, because you dont have as much block choice as you do 1.9+.

Yeah, to wrap this up, i still question why people enjoy just spamming a button and killing players in an instant (assuming they dont have a god apple), and not having decent well fought fights, as you can in 1.9. The 1.9 PvP gives you more oppurtunities to have better fights. Also its not just "Hit Sanik Fast", there is strategy involved also, rather than just hitting.
Block choice. You get a more variety of block choice in 1.9+ rather than in 1.8, giving more oppurtunities with maps than in 1.8.
Joining other servers for 1.8 PvP. Getting on another server for 1.8 is fine. This would make one of Cubecrafts players not be on Cubecraft anymore because they would find the other server to be more fun.
Popularity on Cubecraft. Adding 1.8 gamemodes would only make Cubecraft popular for 1.8. When 1.9+ is the most popular client on Cubecraft right now.

This took me 20 minutes to write, but hopefully i could help!

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I'm one of those players who loves 1.9... I always thought that 1.8 and below is just pure click spam which is something that I hate so much, but I do not want them to take 1.8 away because there're others who do like it. So this is kind of old thread because now you can just login in 1.8 and play Egg Wars and Skywars.
I don't get the point of this thread. I think you mean that you think most people want the server to get old game modes? I'm pretty sure that in the future they will add new game modes. Something that I'm not sure about is that they will keep 1.8 forever... I know there's a lot of people who like 1.8 but in the future, there will be more versions and we cannot have 1.8. Personally, I thin 1.7+ was removed because there was not a difference in pvp with 1.7+ and 1.8+ so think about it as if 1.8+ had a cooldown (was as 1.9) then this would happen too but since 1.11 is already out then they probably would remove 1.8... I don't see many 1.8+ players anymore though... :)
+0?

SleightJade

Sep 24, 2016
I'm one of those players who loves 1.9... I always thought that 1.8 and below is just pure click spam which is something that I hate so much, but I do not want them to take 1.8 away because there're others who do like it. So this is kind of old thread because now you can just login in 1.8 and play Egg Wars and Skywars.
I don't get the point of this thread. I think you mean that you think most people want the server to get old game modes? I'm pretty sure that in the future they will add new game modes. Something that I'm not sure about is that they will keep 1.8 forever... I know there's a lot of people who like 1.8 but in the future, there will be more versions and we cannot have 1.8. Personally, I thin 1.7+ was removed because there was not a difference in pvp with 1.7+ and 1.8+ so think about it as if 1.8+ had a cooldown (was as 1.9) then this would happen too but since 1.11 is already out then they probably would remove 1.8... I don't see many 1.8+ players anymore though... :)
+0?
Actually I play a lot of each 1.8 and 1.9 but I see a LOT of 1.8 players in each lobby for Eggwars it's almost never 10 people below in each lobby, and YouTubers play 1.8 which brings attention to 1.8 so y not bring in some game modes from 1.9 to 1.8 such as survival games?
1.9 involves more skill based PvP, than luck and spam based PvP. ( @Tactic_Gaming said "So many players hate 1.9 PvP", Which is COMPLETELY NOT TRUE in my opinion. I see more people playing 1.9+ than 1.8).
If 1.8 gamemodes were added, then people would try it out, maybe like it, therefore having less people on the 1.9+ client, meaning 1.9+ would slowly die out on cubecraft.

Plus, some of the maps for different gamemodes include blocks that are 1.9+, so the maps would have to be edited or not used in 1.8 ( reffering back to the part before this, 1.8 becoming more popular than 1.9+), so what if that was someones favorite map with 1.9+ blocks?
They would not be able to play there favorite map in 1.8 unless edited.

You also said people play on other servers because CubeCraft (the best server ever), doesnt support all of there gamemodes in 1.8.
I personnaly find this wrong, you can play Skywars, Eggwars, and (PvP but on a 1.9+ client).
Its not all of the gamemodes, but its the most popular ones i think.
And if people play on other servers just for the sake of 1.8, and finding the other servers fun, then why would they comeback to Cubecraft?

You ALSO mentioned this would bring back the servers popularity, theres only one problem.
This would only bring back popularity to the 1.8 gamemodes, like i said, ruining 1.9+ on cubecraft.

Also, (This is my point, not basing it off of your comment), i like 1.9+ because of the different blocks they get to make maps out of, in 1.8 you cant make the maps you can, because you dont have as much block choice as you do 1.9+.

Yeah, to wrap this up, i still question why people enjoy just spamming a button and killing players in an instant (assuming they dont have a god apple), and not having decent well fought fights, as you can in 1.9. The 1.9 PvP gives you more oppurtunities to have better fights. Also its not just "Hit Sanik Fast", there is strategy involved also, rather than just hitting.
Block choice. You get a more variety of block choice in 1.9+ rather than in 1.8, giving more oppurtunities with maps than in 1.8.
Joining other servers for 1.8 PvP. Getting on another server for 1.8 is fine. This would make one of Cubecrafts players not be on Cubecraft anymore because they would find the other server to be more fun.
Popularity on Cubecraft. Adding 1.8 gamemodes would only make Cubecraft popular for 1.8. When 1.9+ is the most popular client on Cubecraft right now.

This took me 20 minutes to write, but hopefully i could help!
Going to the popularity thing Cubecraft will be better having 1.8 game modes there is a reason y people would go to 1.8 its that they don't like 1.9 but are forced to go there because there favorite game modes are there. Well this is just a argument against ur opinion, it's something certain players had to do

skps2010

Mar 12, 2016
Taiwan
Actually I play a lot of each 1.8 and 1.9 but I see a LOT of 1.8 players in each lobby for Eggwars it's almost never 10 people below in each lobby, and YouTubers play 1.8 which brings attention to 1.8 so y not bring in some game modes from 1.9 to 1.8 such as survival games?

Going to the popularity thing Cubecraft will be better having 1.8 game modes there is a reason y people would go to 1.8 its that they don't like 1.9 but are forced to go there because there favorite game modes are there. Well this is just a argument against ur opinion, it's something certain players had to do

There are more and more 1.9 players in Minecraft community. As you can see players in Cubecraft are growing while other 1.8 server (like Mineplex) are losing players. There is no point to waste their time to make 1.8 game mode come back.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US

My opinion is that 1.9 PvP is a lot better than 1.8 PvP, because 1.9 is more about tactics than just spam hitting.
How do you know people are so called "Being Forced" to play on 1.9+? I see a lot of people on 1.9+ that are having a good time, and not a lot of people on 1.8.

Like @skps2010 just said, the 1.8 server players are transitioning to 1.9+ servers, like Cubecraft.

And, its not "something certain players had to do".
They CHOSE to do it, they are not forced to.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #56-
About 3.2 billion people around the world (roughly 46% of the global population) watched at least a minute of the 2010 World Cup!
Mintypie231 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
I don't know if I am late/early, but it's 6 may for me. Sorry if I am late.
Top Bottom