Should this be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
With This map I've decided to go for the small and simple. Accurately depicted blocks put together to create a compact experience.
2019-11-25_22.37.59.png
This map would become the smallest but experience has taught me that many of the smallest maps are the best.

2019-11-25_22.25.15.png
A fancy angled view where you can see the magically floating flag with the power of tetris. It almost looks ready to slot in your opponents flag to complete a row.

2019-11-25_22.25.33.png
The elevated blocks can be accessed by some colourful parkour.

2019-11-25_22.27.29.png

Here are the powerup spots marked in black where you can see the multiple ways between each side. (Map does not come with bonus player)

2019-11-25_22.47.53.png

And the spawn point marked in green.

That's about it for this one. If it really is 'too small' I can adjust it but it fitted together really nicely with this design so I went for it!

That being said, the guy that made this map is awful at Tetris with that placement.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I do like the idea of this map, simplistic but effective.
But there's just something odd about the colors I cannot put my finger to.

I know that using 100% Stained Clay, or 100% Colored Wool would both look equally bad. But for some reason this isn't it either.
There is not much wrong about the map at all (aside from perhaps slightly increasing the size).

Though I will vote for yes. I am sure that either nobody will mind about the colors too much or the Designers will mess around a bit with the colors for 30 mins. and find a solution.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars

I know that using 100% Stained Clay, or 100% Colored Wool would both look equally bad. But for some reason this isn't it either.
There is not much wrong about the map at all (aside from perhaps slightly increasing the size).

Though I will vote for yes. I am sure that either nobody will mind about the colors too much or the Designers will mess around a bit with the colors for 30 mins. and find a solution.
Terracotta is just ugly if you are trying to make it colourful. It's a shame the server doesn't support concrete because it was the best addition ever.
I think It's the red that's the worst offender here.

Reactions: God. and Kawaakarii

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
With This map I've decided to go for the small and simple. Accurately depicted blocks put together to create a compact experience.
View attachment 157390 This map would become the smallest but experience has taught me that many of the smallest maps are the best.

View attachment 157395 A fancy angled view where you can see the magically floating flag with the power of tetris. It almost looks ready to slot in your opponents flag to complete a row.

View attachment 157392 The elevated blocks can be accessed by some colourful parkour.

View attachment 157393
Here are the powerup spots marked in black where you can see the multiple ways between each side. (Map does not come with bonus player)

View attachment 157394

That's about it for this one. If it really is 'too small' I can adjust it but it fitted together really nicely with this design so I went for it!

That being said, the guy that made this map is awful at Tetris with that placement.

I can go into a lot issues but the main 2 is it's a way too small and it's very parkour and level based making it very hard to do anything. Sorry but it's a no for me .

Chupador

Oct 15, 2019
I like the idea of the map don't get me wrong but it feels a bit too simple for a CubeCraft map (my opinion)

Thinking about it, I changed my vote because I like it

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I can go into a lot issues but the main 2 is it's a way too small and it's very parkour and level based making it very hard to do anything. Sorry but it's a no for me .
Hey I'd like to point out that there is a build time where you can place blocks in between the jumps. You can also reach the other side of the map by performing a grand total of two 1 block jumps. All the parkour included are in alternative routes that you can choose to take.

I like the idea of the map don't get me wrong but it feels a bit too simple for a CubeCraft map (my opinion)
I think that's true for most games on the server but in general, Blockwars maps are sometimes much simpler than other games in the server.
2019-11-25_23.37.00.png
Look at Block arena for example. This map looks very simple but is actually regarded as one of the best maps. Blockwars is about what the players make of the map with build time. The map can be a "template" for the players to work with. Overdoing it on Blockwars maps can be detrimental in fact. Personally I think keeping it simple can actually be considered a positive.

Reactions: God. and Eli

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
View attachment 157390 This map would become the smallest but experience has taught me that many of the smallest maps are the best.

View attachment 157395 A fancy angled view where you can see the magically floating flag with the power of tetris. It almost looks ready to slot in your opponents flag to complete a row.

View attachment 157392 The elevated blocks can be accessed by some colourful parkour.

View attachment 157393

View attachment 157394

I really like this map. Not only because of its simplistic look, characteristic of any respectable BlockWars map but also the great colours and fun concept.

The strategic value of the map is great, small maps are definitiely the most fun. And in most of the cases they stop players from being able to camp effectively. Plus, in a smaller map it seems like every kit has more value as there's more immediate action in-game.

I'll buy it if it comes with the extra player :P

It's not very small if you looked at it in person, it is a decent size. And regardless of its size, it's been proven that small maps contribute much more to the enjoyability of the game. As I said above, it prevents people from camping. Additionally, people nowadays seem to enjoy smaller and quicker maps. Every time players are getting used to getting more of this "instant satisfaction" and that's very much reflected in some of the new SkyWars and EggWars maps. And no it's not only applicable for SW and EW. Every game is succesful if you keep the player constantly entertained, that's why most people dislike Nuclear. It's enormous and it takes a painful amount of time to get from flag to flag.

I genuinely don't understand what you mean by parkour based, if you looked at the pictures you would've realized there's only a one block jump to get from flag to flag. I don't know how more parkour based it can get than that... Regardless, have you seen maps like Block Arena, Palette? Great maps, community favorites, and they all have a strong presence of parkour.

I think it'd be very valuable if you enlightened us in the other lot of issues this map has.

Reactions: Kawaakarii

srpigglet

Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2019
Valorant
It's a nice idea, i like it too much the idea of do a "tetris map", but the execution was a little bad.

Last edited:

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I really like how the map is so nice and simple. The colors are the only slight problem. You could try to switch the wool to colored glass. I don't know if it will look better, but it’s worth a try.

Reactions: Mossangubben

Kjev

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2018
The Netherlands
Although I never play blockwars I thinks this map is pretty cool.
As said the colours look a bit odd.
You could try to experiment with glass and clay.
Besides that the map looks pretty cool.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant

So that means the map is getting accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters