Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
Hello everyone,
I am writing this thread because I think the Blockwars Bridges game is completely broken. I may have a nice addition that can make the game more difficult for "winfarmers".

When you first read this you probably think this is completely insane but let me finish / know what you think.

A normal game for a 5-Party team goes like this:

• Drop out of Cage
  • Build OP bridge
  • Score
  • Score
  • Sco...
I used to do this with my friends too and almost always achieved 1-minute wins this way but am now tired of it.
This is obviously something that should be adjusted to make the game more fair again.

My solution:

Just copy the Hypixel Bridges as this clearly is the inspiration source. (Cube-Bridges was only :/ anyway)
But remove all built blocks after each point scored (5 Points / Game), this way, the party can not build a "farmbridge" and completely run the random team into the ground.
This would make the game much fairer.
Also, after scoring a point, all players would be back in their cage to be re-dropped.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AS THIS IS NOT AN OUT VERSION OFC!!!

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Yeah, I agree. It's really easy to score once you have a good bridge. It might be annoying to get teleported back to the cage everytime somone scores but it's way better then players farming points this way. The only problem I see is that it takes away the speed in the game.

Reactions: 99th_DutchNubnub

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
Yeah, I agree. It's really easy to score once you have a good bridge. It might be annoying to get teleported back to the cage everytime somone scores but it's way better then players farming points this way. The only problem I see is that it takes away the speed in the game.
"The speed" is the thing I would adjust, I hope a game of Bridges will take longer than 1 Minute.

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This sounds like a great idea honestly! I enjoyed playing in the first few days, with a team. But solo its near impossible for me to win games, since I am most of the time up against party teams, and they just make a bridge to score points back to back to back, which just takes all the fun away for me.

However, if this gets implemented they should definitely lower the amount of points needed to win, otherwise the games would be way too long in my opinion!

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
This sounds like a great idea honestly! I enjoyed playing in the first few days, with a team. But solo its near impossible for me to win games, since I am most of the time up against party teams, and they just make a bridge to score points back to back to back, which just takes all the fun away for me.

However, if this gets implemented they should definitely lower the amount of points needed to win, otherwise the games would be way too long in my opinion!
Thanks for your reply :) but,
I don't think you get the laste part,I said the win "points" should be reduced to 5 points.

D

Deleted member 347571

I voted yes however i would.not.copy anither server, why would people play here if it is on hypixel? It has to be unique so people will play here rather than on hypixel, good thread though!

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
I voted yes however i would.not.copy anither server, why would people play here if it is on hypixel? It has to be unique so people will play here rather than on hypixel, good thread though!
Of course what you say is true, but the current version of bridges is not really "unique" now either. :V
I pressed reply twice oops, how do i deleted this
;-;

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I think parties are very op in bridges but this goes for every game and really it's just a group of friends playing together at the end of the day

I think this isn't the greatest solution to this problem but I don't see another one so I voted yes

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
If you have teams of 5 with 5 points to win games will just take 1 minute every game cause its super hard to defend very well against 5 people if you also want to attack. I don't think this idea is good.

I would like if parties werent even put together in same team and everyone was put in random team but that will never happen.

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I would like if parties werent even put together in same team and everyone was put in random team but that will never happen.
I don't think that would be better. If I play in a party, I also want to play with them and not against them. I wouldn't like it to play against my friends :(

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
If you have teams of 5 with 5 points to win games will just take 1 minute every game cause its super hard to defend very well against 5 people if you also want to attack. I don't think this idea is good.

Keep in mind that you will get re-dropped after every point, would defending still be to hard?
I would also make it so you dont have a "spawn-cooldown"after dying, but that's also just my opinion.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Hmm, I don't think that's the smartest way to fix the problem, parties are there to play in the same team...

But thanks for your reply ofcourse!!!
I don't think theres a other way to really fix the problem. Keeping small parties together but splitting up big parties would be the only good solution to really combat win farm parties. Pretty sure parties was created so players don't have to click the same signs and have the problem that it takes a lot of time to get into the same game. But the consequense is that now there are many very big parties when before there wasnt many big groups of players playing together who ruin the games of casual players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This sure didn’t age well, XD
Xi1m wrote on DuckL's profile.
are you speedrunning compliments for every staff member
DuckL wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
DuckL wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
DuckL wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom