• None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
So the most suggested thing for Blockband is multiplayer. I've been thinking of what would be a good implementation of multiplayer for a bit and I think I've come up with something good. :P

Private Duels - Challenges to a certain player playing a certain song. Pretty self explanatory :3

Public Multiplayer Matches - Having multiple instruments like in other rhythm games like rock band and guitar hero would be great but I think that would take a lot of time to make. Instead I believe you should have two queues for public duels just like Duels in PvP. One of the queues would be for amateur and the second for pro songs. Any player can immediately go into both queues as soon as they start and all songs will be unlocked for everyone in the queues but not the "campaign". One of the reasons blockband isn't sucessful is because of extremely difficult progression which makes it hard to play the game just casually and unlock most songs which is what most people want to do when they play a game like this. In the queues you will be paired up with another player who entered you queue.

Once inside the game 4 or 5 random songs from the difficulty level you picked will be chosen for you to play in a row with your opponent. These songs can be any song from that difficulty level regardless of whether or not both or any player has them unlocked. From there you will simply play through the songs trying to get the most points possible. At the end of the duel the player with the most points between all 5 songs wins and gets some points/experience. (I would suggest around 25 points to balance it with other gamemodes and the campaign mode)

Now that would be boring on its own but you could add powerups to use against your opponent or to buff yourself to make games more interesting and allow more strategies. This is where a shop for blockband could come about :D Powerups could be sold in a shop with at least one being a default power-up for new players. These powerups would be placed in open hotbar slots and consume juice to use or they could completely replace your normal juice and the normal juice can be your default power-up.

Some possible buffs and debuffs for power-ups:
  • Juice Drain - Drains your juice but also removes twice as much juice from your opponent until you or your opponent run out of juice.
  • Streak Protector - Drains Juice slowly and locks you at your current multiplier until you run out of juice.
  • Super Juice - Drains juice twice as fast but has a 4x multiplier instead of a 2x like normal juice.
  • Multiplier Increase - Uses a burst of juice to increase your multiplier by one level.
  • Multiplier Decrease - Uses a burst of juice to decrease your opponent's multiplier one level.
  • Board Clear - Uses all of your juice but counts all the visible notes on the moment its used as hit when they reach the strike bar regardless of if you hit them or not.
  • Multiplier Lock - locks your opponents multiplier until your juice is gone. Slowly drains juice.

• I may come up with some more later. All power-ups will have a diamond change on blocks for a positive effect and redstone for negative effects.
    Please come up with better names than I do for some of these power ups :P

On the side of your screen a scoreboard should be shown with your opponents score and multiplier for that song. Both of your total scores should announced in between songs :3

Thanks for reading! :D

Reactions: Soeshi and Komodо

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Ofcourse i would love to see this suggestions implemented, however, I think it's never gonna happen ): Minikloon resigned, many people dislike blockband ): and it has a 'lower priority' ): (please, i absolutely hate this word)
Although, if they will somehow be implemented, because the suggestions are really good in my opinion (and i also just want to beat you in a 1 v 1 :p) And maybe, the duels will make people more positive about it, so it will be a higher priority! I would also like to see some kind of power up which 'undoes' one of your errors, so your combo will still be the same, after you made an error and you used this power up!

Reactions: Power Ranger

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Ofcourse i would love to see this suggestions implemented, however, I think it's never gonna happen ): Minikloon resigned, many people dislike blockband ): and it has a 'lower priority' ): (please, i absolutely hate this word)
Although, if they will somehow be implemented, since in my opinion, the suggestions are really good (i just want to beat you in a 1 v 1 :P) And maybe, the duels will make people more positive about it, so it will be a higher priority! I would also like to see some kind of power up which 'undoes' one of your errors, so your combo will still be the same, after you made an error and you used this power up!
Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We have a ton of new developers now :3

Reactions: Komodо

Flaxic

Feb 8, 2017
meh. I don't play blockbands AT ALL xD Sooo, I probably shouldn't reply to this but I don't really care I'm going bye.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom