Status
Not open for further replies.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
1.12 people:
- 97% Single Player
- 67% Modders (Which will probably go to 95% with 1.13)
- 100% Building / Creative Community
- 100% Redstone
- 100% Realms Players
- 95% Mapmakers
- 10% PvP

1.8 People:
- 33% Modders (most of which are on 1.7 so it's not a good argument anyway)
- 55% PvP
- Small outlying factions of other groups

Flex:
- 35% PvP
- YouTubers
- YouTuber fanboys
Where are you picking the percentages from? The people who use 1.9+ on Hypixel don't know how to switch from the versions. If they could change the versions they did. And i think 90% of hypixel uses 1.8 and the other 10% 1.9+. And the modding community is a small community. Even the singleplayer. It's more like 35% of the minecraft community uses 1.9+...
48% of Hypixel uses 1.8, 1.9+ is a small majority at 52%. 1.12 makes up the vast majority of those

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
1.12 people:
- 97% Single Player
- 100% Redstone
- 100% Realms Players
- 95% Mapmakers
- 10% PvP

1.8 People:
- 55% PvP

Flex:
- 35% PvP
- YouTubers
- YouTuber fanboys

48% of Hypixel uses 1.8, 1.9+ is a small majority at 52%. 1.12 makes up the vast majority of those
Again, source(s)?

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Again, source(s)?
Common knowledge dude.
Every single player person will want the new features, except a few that will stick with older versions for whatever reason (corrupted worlds, just having a hate for 1.12 mechanics)
For modders, just going based off the rate that new mods are coming out. Most are for 1.10.2 or latest version, and 1.13's code overhaul should make modding easier than it ever was.
There's absolutely no reason for anyone in the building community or redstone community to be in anything but the latest version.
Realms players have to be in the latest version, that's a guranteed 100%
Map makers want the new blocks, again no reason for them to be below 1.12. Some will be just so they don't have to redo code

The PvP community is the exception that keeps making servers think that 1.12 is an awful version with nothing to offer. And it's not even the whole PvP community, I'd argue that most PvPers will flex between versions for good games. People that won't flex are around 20-30% of Hypixel, and around 90% of Badlion / Ultra

YouTubers will flex and their fanboys will follow them. That's the most plainfully obvious thing (See Eggwars and Bedwars)
Where are you picking the percentages from? The people who use 1.9+ on Hypixel don't know how to switch from the versions. If they could change the versions they did. And i think 90% of hypixel uses 1.8 and the other 10% 1.9+. And the modding community is a small community. Even the singleplayer. It's more like 35% of the minecraft community uses 1.9+...
Nice lying you got going there (50% of the Minecraft players are single player alone, and you completely ignored 3 large communities)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Why can't people just accept the new PvP? People have reacted negatively to many features when they first came out, but they moved on. What makes this any different? Who cares what the PvP is like, I find it fun either way. I prefer 1.9, but there's also the fact that there's concrete in the newer versions, which I love. Anyways, they should just stick with the latest update. It makes things a lot easier. Holding onto the past isn't very useful when improvements come in the future.
Yes, updates will come in the future, that is why Mojang should add a /gamerule command to change the combat system, so players can play with concrete or new features but still enjoy the PVP mechanics. The new combat system is very slow and boring, missing is actually an issue and combos hardly exist. Don't pull the "it's more realistic" on me. A bucket of water can prevent someone from dying by placing it seconds before landing, anti gravity. Not to mention the new combat system is new and no one knows how to use it. Besides, what the hell was Mojang thinking when they created the sound system.

Neither of us enjoy the other combat system, so what we can do is just live with each other, a great idea would be to ask Mojang to let people switch between combat versions with a /gamerule command.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
"The majority of the Minecraft player base uses versions above 1.8. Most pe ople who still play 1.8 are just a minority who play on servers."
cube-craft-server-ip-address-270x159.png

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
1.12 people:
- 97% Single Player
- 100% Redstone
- 100% Realms Players
- 95% Mapmakers
- 10% PvP

1.8 People:
- 55% PvP

Flex:
- 35% PvP
- YouTubers
- YouTuber fanboys

Where did you found the source. And again most player of hypixel are 1.8...

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Yes, updates will come in the future, that is why Mojang should add a /gamerule command to change the combat system, so players can play with concrete or new features but still enjoy the PVP mechanics.
I don't disagree there.

The new combat system is very slow and boring
Some people might not find it boring. I for sure don't. Battles are just as exhilarating. It's not like Minecraft's now a turn-based strategy game.

missing is actually an issue and combos hardly exist.
Missing was still an issue in pre-1.9, and making it a bigger issue widens the skill gap. Being able to hit your target is a skill. Those that are the best at it will do better. Also, combos still exist. They're just performed differently than pre-1.9 combos.

Don't pull the "it's more realistic" on me. A bucket of water can prevent someone from dying by placing it seconds before landing, anti gravity.
I never did and wasn't going to. Honestly, that a lot of pro-1.9ers use is terrible and only weakens the argument.

Not to mention the new combat system is new and no one knows how to use it.
A lot of people know how to use it. Almost everyone who uses 1.9 knows how it works. If you can read the changelogs and play for fifteen minutes you can learn it. Note that I said learn and not master. Also, what's wrong with something being new? While not always, new things are usually good.

Besides, what the hell was Mojang thinking when they created the sound system.
A: That doesn't tie into the argument at all and, B: Some people, like me, enjoy the new sounds. Especially rain. It's a lot nicer. But the sounds can be easily changed with a resource pack if you don't like them.

Neither of us enjoy the other combat system
I enjoy 1.8 and older. I played it for the longest time. I just prefer 1.9 better, so I played it as soon as it released.

Also, as others have said, switching to 1.8 for Blockwars would divide the game's players even more, and the games fill slow enough as is.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I don't disagree there.

Some people might not find it boring. I for sure don't. Battles are just as exhilarating. It's not like Minecraft's now a turn-based strategy game.

Missing was still an issue in pre-1.9, and making it a bigger issue widens the skill gap. Being able to hit your target is a skill. Those that are the best at it will do better. Also, combos still exist. They're just performed differently than pre-1.9 combos.

I never did and wasn't going to. Honestly, that a lot of pro-1.9ers use is terrible and only weakens the argument.

A lot of people know how to use it. Almost everyone who uses 1.9 knows how it works. If you can read the changelogs and play for fifteen minutes you can learn it. Note that I said learn and not master. Also, what's wrong with something being new? While not always, new things are usually good.

A: That doesn't tie into the argument at all and, B: Some people, like me, enjoy the new sounds. Especially rain. It's a lot nicer. But the sounds can be easily changed with a resource pack if you don't like them.

I enjoy 1.8 and older. I played it for the longest time. I just prefer 1.9 better, so I played it as soon as it released.

Also, as others have said, switching to 1.8 for Blockwars would divide the game's players even more, and the games fill slow enough as is.
When I played 1.9 I never really felt the feeling that the fight was close, that I could die any second. This is simply because the fights are very long, I also found that choking was a big issue in the game, you could have been "trading hits" one second then all of a sudden you keep missing hits and get easily destroyed, I find it very inconsistent.
Not to mention the healing system (untill 1.11) is extroardinarily quick, its as if golden apples (normal ones) gave regeneration 5. It is somewhat fixed in 1.12 but the PVP still seems very food based. The sounds of 1.9 combat noises by hitting people sound very bizarre in my opinion. The new is better argument doesn't make complete sense, if the /gamerule occurred then all the features would be for both.
No chance. 80% of Minecraft total playerbase is 1.12, cube is just idiotic in terms of how to bring them in. 1.8 modes are not the answer, let's work on non-pvp games and egg wars revamp lol
Alright, more Minecrafters like 1.12+. But remind me where most people get their resource packs? Oh yeah, from 1.8, if you don't want our combat system then you don't deserve our resource packs, it's not from your community so you don't deserve it, there won't be any textures for elytras concrete and God forbid glazed terracotta. If Mojang doesn't add a /gamerule command to change combat versions (/gamerule oldpvp or something) then all the new resource packs mad won't work for 1.12, and let me remind you how bad all the 1.12 packs are, none of them are PVP based, all probably have high fire and long swords. Just a warning before you decide to be complete 1.12. Remember, you still use 1.8 things.

Reactions: Luzario

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
When I played 1.9 I never really felt the feeling that the fight was close, that I could die any second. This is simply because the fights are very long, I also found that choking was a big issue in the game, you could have been "trading hits" one second then all of a sudden you keep missing hits and get easily destroyed, I find it very inconsistent.
Not to mention the healing system (untill 1.11) is extroardinarily quick, its as if golden apples (normal ones) gave regeneration 5. It is somewhat fixed in 1.12 but the PVP still seems very food based. The sounds of 1.9 combat noises by hitting people sound very bizarre in my opinion. The new is better argument doesn't make complete sense, if the /gamerule occurred then all the features would be for both.

How often you hit someone is entirely you. Whether you hit or miss relies on the player's skill level. If you can keep your crosshairs on the opponent, you hit.
Food-based PvP isn't that bad. If you don't remember to eat, you'll likely lose. It's extra incentive to buy and eat food often. It adds an extra challenge that I enjoy.
A gamerule command would be nice.

Alright, more Minecrafters like 1.12+. But remind me where most people get their resource packs? Oh yeah, from 1.8, if you don't want our combat system then you don't deserve our resource packs, it's not from your community so you don't deserve it, there won't be any textures for elytras concrete and God forbid glazed terracotta. If Mojang doesn't add a /gamerule command to change combat versions (/gamerule oldpvp or something) then all the new resource packs mad won't work for 1.12, and let me remind you how bad all the 1.12 packs are, none of them are PVP based, all probably have high fire and long swords. Just a warning before you decide to be complete 1.12. Remember, you still use 1.8 things.

Why wouldn't people update their resource packs? Most people who use them are builders. For those that do use them for PvP, I don't see an issue as to why someone would stop updating their pack at 1.8. It would just drive away players who would use it. Also, there's plenty of 1.12 packs. They aren't hard to find.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
How often you hit someone is entirely you. Whether you hit or miss relies on the player's skill level. If you can keep your crosshairs on the opponent, you hit.
Food-based PvP isn't that bad. If you don't remember to eat, you'll likely lose. It's extra incentive to buy and eat food often. It adds an extra challenge that I enjoy.
A gamerule command would be nice.

Why wouldn't people update their resource packs? Most people who use them are builders. For those that do use them for PvP, I don't see an issue as to why someone would stop updating their pack at 1.8. It would just drive away players who would use it. Also, there's plenty of 1.12 packs. They aren't hard to find.
Well I'm sorry if I don't want to have to take a break from fighting every 10 seconds to eat a steak. So I get constant regeneration 2. Food is still very overpowered in 1.12 and make fights take longer. Turning food into healing was a very silly idea.
Well in 1.8, being in range of someone for more than a second is extremely unlikely, it's very different, it's as if both players are bayblades rubbing against each other rather than strafing. I find aiming in 1.9 a lot like quickscoping in a first person shooter, you don't need to constantly keep your crosshair on them but rather only when the sword is recharged.

Reactions: Luzario
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything, Soul :) Good luck with your future endeavors!
JokeKaedee wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Aw no what :( Thanks for everything SandCookie xx
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
umm? yall okay?
1714824919312.png
After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Top Bottom