Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
You should understand the goal by the title. Let's bet on how long these better together servers will stay alive before immediately dying off. We'll lets see:
1. Inclusion of Win10 will instantly kill any competitive community on Console / Pocket editions, who will move to Java/ Win10
2. Redstone community won't go on servers. They don't have any reason.
3. Building community will move to Java / Win10. Building is so much better and faster on PC, plus free building mods an WorldEdit
4. All knock off games like SCB have no business on consoles as they can just buy the full game which is 8 million times better, no gains there.
5. Once the falloff from the failed games ends, that leaves an extremely limited market. Odds are nobody on Console cares enough to keep playing.
6. Win10 community switches to Java. There is nobody left to compete with.

So, how long? I'll give it 6-10 weeks. comment below

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
6-10 weeks from when? Will cubecraft even be available on those platforms during that time?
I played a game of skywars on my phone recently, it was really buggy, everyone was very bad at the game (including me) and the combat system isn't really fun. During the game I left for a few minutes to install a screen recorder, then came back and only one player was left that hadn't left his island. One problem with those games is that I don't think it will be fun to get good at it, you'll probably win every game way too easy then. I'll probably play a few games on my phone to try it out, but I don't think I'll even play for 6-10 weeks.

I don't know how the windows 10 controls work, I connected a mouse and keyboard to my phone, and while they keyboard controls worked as expected, the mouse was still simulating touches meaning I could't turn and hit at the same time and also had to reposition my cursor every time I reached the edge of the screen.

My guess is that you are right about the 6-10 weeks from now that curious players will try out the bedrock engine, but sadly cubecraft will only release its real Minecraft server 2 months later.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
by 6-10 weeks i meant that's how long it would survive after release
6-10 weeks from when? Will cubecraft even be available on those platforms during that time?
I played a game of skywars on my phone recently, it was really buggy, everyone was very bad at the game (including me) and the combat system isn't really fun. During the game I left for a few minutes to install a screen recorder, then came back and only one player was left that hadn't left his island. One problem with those games is that I don't think it will be fun to get good at it, you'll probably win every game way too easy then. I'll probably play a few games on my phone to try it out, but I don't think I'll even play for 6-10 weeks.

I don't know how the windows 10 controls work, I connected a mouse and keyboard to my phone, and while they keyboard controls worked as expected, the mouse was still simulating touches meaning I could't turn and hit at the same time and also had to reposition my cursor every time I reached the edge of the screen.

My guess is that you are right about the 6-10 weeks from now that curious players will try out the bedrock engine, but sadly cubecraft will only release its real Minecraft server 2 months later.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
by 6-10 weeks i meant that's how long it would survive after release
But the better together update is already out. If cubecraft doesn't get on it in the next weeks, all those mcpe and console players that are excited about it already found their new servers and got bored of it. So then they'll only have us java edition players that try two or three games and then leave.

A

A pigeon

Nintendo Switch and xbox will be uneffected. Win10 players will jitterclick and massacre PE players who'd move to Win10. I dont see them moving to Java because Java costs a bit. Refstone community on PE/Win10 is a joke. They get everything easy their redstone systems are a lot easier.

Servers are and will continiue to be a joke. No 1.9 combat. Their controls are awful . Cant move properly cant jitter properly nothing.

On the whole better together will have insignificant impact . Tbh i dont think PE community cares at all . People play on it just for killing time.

Dont get me started on the console versions.

cardonacarlos

Apr 14, 2020
Java is not bad, but it is more expensive. anyway, if the server are closed, you can find a lot of online platforms where you can continue playing your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hope we do not get a repeat of what happened in February when it comes to updates. I hope the EggWars update is prioritized first.
Context: Lunar event released before EggWars Perks update, both in February, and now we have Summer event and EggWars update in development.
GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Top Bottom