• No (god tell me why)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
As we know, cube has released some rather controversial updates in the past that mostly upset the community. This is an issue that this server is known for by its members. How to fix it? Keep reading.

Beta Testing.
Whenever cube has an update ready, they should put in a new lobby which would be called "Game Tests" or something similar. This would allow the community to put input on what they should do differently to improve it and such.

Currently, the only people who are allowed to test new gamemodes and updates are staff members. That should still be a thing, but with some changes.

The staff members will test the new feature first and determine if it is good enough to put on an open beta for all players. Once that happens, all the players on the server can give feedback about the gamemode/update and should have a huge say in what should happen to improve it. I think it makes sense, if you have any questions ask though.

However, I will give props to the 2 most recent updates. They have been pretty good ngl.

Lobby functioning.
The lobby would only be open during beta testings of updates and gamemodes. Meaning if there wasn't a current testing for any gamemode, you wouldn't be able to join it.

There would be signs to join games like usual. I don't think this section is that hard to understand.

New Forum Section.
The new forum section will simply be called "Beta Feedback." In this section of the forums, the community can give feedback on the new gamemodes. Make threads, spark discussion, praise it, etc. Feedback may only be posted in this section of the forums. I hope this is clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't give me any of this "that would be copying hypxel!11!" crap. I ain't gonna have it. I simply want to know if you like the suggestion, and if you don't then please give me ways to improve it. If you give me the hypixel crap, I will kindly ask you to leave the discussion.

Anyways, that's about all I have.
Peace.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I like the idea, the only reason I can see why people wouldn't want to add it is because its too similar to Hypixel's laboratory mode, but who cares.

Reactions: Deeds

techguy123

Novice Member
Sep 15, 2017
Yes please! This is one aspect that I really like about Hypixel. I like that you can vote for if you like a spcertain feature/game, and if, let's say, 25% of the active player base doesn't vote for it, it doesn't make the cut.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I dont like this idea, we already have a public beta, but we dont need a server for it in fact its more clicks to get in a game that way then a compass, also new games dont come out very often so for 3/4 of the year the server would sit offline anyway

We also dont need a beta testing forums section, thats what suggestions is for, another one would be useless as most would either post in the wrong section or post it elsewhere we had this issue when site and server suggestions were sepertate thread sections

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Yeah hes basically suggestiong taking “island games” and putting it in a “beta” lobby along with other games being worked on, is that really needed?
I'm honestly surprised Cube just didn't release Island Games as a full gamemode like they usually do.
And personally, I really think it is needed. They need more community input if they want to be a successful server. Going along putting in what they want isn't really helping anyone. *cough* Blockband *cough*. If they keep going like they are now, then they will slowly fall until they aren't heard of anymore. The player base got a boost when they added voting rewards. It dropped again shortly after. On average they get around 8,000 players a day. It isn't that bad, but they could be doing way better. I'm talking 15k with ease.

Allowing players to publicly test out new gamemodes/big updates would really help the player base go up I think. The community gets what they want, and soon they tell others about how good their updates are. Then more and more people will join it because of the good feedback given by the community. As of now, most of the updates cause a negative impact among the community, causing rant threads and loss in players.

A

A pigeon

Wait no , instead they should get a few people who know what they’re doing and get themt o privateky test updates. (Not mods , mods are very bad at judging updates)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I'm honestly surprised Cube just didn't release Island Games as a full gamemode like they usually do.
They did this because if you look at everything else that released without public beta, it was usually horribly broken, beta mode allows players to find bugs map flaws and exploits in larger numbers as well as balancing the games kits or features

A

A pigeon

They did this because if you look at everything else that released without public beta, it was usually horribly broken, beta mode allows players to find bugs map flaws and exploits in larger numbers as well as balancing the games kits or features
They probably did it because they wanted a unique gamemode to show off at minecon

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
It's actually quite smart they didn't entirely release Island Games as it's not really successful.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
As we know, cube has released some rather controversial updates in the past that mostly upset the community. This is an issue that this server is known for by its members. How to fix it? Keep reading.

Beta Testing.
Whenever cube has an update ready, they should put in a new lobby which would be called "Game Tests" or something similar. This would allow the community to put input on what they should do differently to improve it and such.

Currently, the only people who are allowed to test new gamemodes and updates are staff members. That should still be a thing, but with some changes.

The staff members will test the new feature first and determine if it is good enough to put on an open beta for all players. Once that happens, all the players on the server can give feedback about the gamemode/update and should have a huge say in what should happen to improve it. I think it makes sense, if you have any questions ask though.

However, I will give props to the 2 most recent updates. They have been pretty good ngl.

Lobby functioning.
The lobby would only be open during beta testings of updates and gamemodes. Meaning if there wasn't a current testing for any gamemode, you wouldn't be able to join it.

There would be signs to join games like usual. I don't think this section is that hard to understand.

New Forum Section.
The new forum section will simply be called "Beta Feedback." In this section of the forums, the community can give feedback on the new gamemodes. Make threads, spark discussion, praise it, etc. Feedback may only be posted in this section of the forums. I hope this is clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't give me any of this "that would be copying hypxel!11!" crap. I ain't gonna have it. I simply want to know if you like the suggestion, and if you don't then please give me ways to improve it. If you give me the hypixel crap, I will kindly ask you to leave the discussion.

Anyways, that's about all I have.
Peace.

I would love to see a beta testing in the game same with the lobby. I like how all 3 of these connect into one big suggestion. It would be nice to throw an update in beta, see if the players like it, and MAYBE publish it instead of throwing it out there, players hatting the update, and it not being fixed/removed
+1

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Great idea, nothing more to say aside from that about this. Nothing to complain about in my eyes. Just great overall. You touched on everything there was to touch on as far as i can come up with in regards of this idea, and i agreed on everything. There you have it. An opinion.

Edit: 'nothing more to say' --- proceeds to say more about it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg: