Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

viktorv9

May 25, 2015
Hi all, hope you're having a good day.

In this post I'm asking for some reform about how suggestions are handled on this website and server. I personally think that being loyal player should be rewarded, and being active on the forums is the most direct way a regular player can help (without spending any money, that is). But I am somewhat disappointed when I look at the state of the suggestion tab today. These are players that spend hours on helping the server by coming up with fun ideas or important additions. But how are most post treated? A fake 'escalated' tag that will then be ignored for a long time, if not forever*. Even though it's infuriating to have no insight in the development of your idea, you can't let every player become a developer so I get that. However it just sad to see the most active and loyal players being treated this way.

I understand running this server is a lot of work, and not every suggestion can be implemented even if it's good. That's why I'm not asking for more suggestions being implemented or anything. I'm just asking for more transparancy so you guys don't scare away the backbone of your playerbase.

So how to fix this? An easy way would be a tag besides 'escalated'. Something to show that your idea has been heard and set apart, but you don't immediately get your hopes up. (leave suggestions for the name of this tag in the comments).
Another fix could be to tell people on the forums more about the development or release dates of an idea. Though this would make working for the server a lot more stressful as tons of people are now monitoring your developers' every move.

Thanks for reading this short, but still pretty critical suggestion. I know it isn't easy to run this server, especially the last few years.
-Viktorv9, a player who loves this server.

*(You can see examples of this when searching by the 'escalated' tab, and personally I saw it in an old post of mine (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/pvp-ffa-make-elytra-unbreakable.210568/#post-1037721). This one in particular seems like it would have a pretty simple solution.)

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Fyi : Escalated does not mean it will be implemented after some time. It simply means that some staff member is going to forward it to others. So the new tag you wanted is basically the same as the "Escalated" tag.

About the developers thingy: no. As you said this would give them more stress, and I think they work hard enough already.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hi all, hope you're having a good day.

In this post I'm asking for some reform about how suggestions are handled on this website and server. I personally think that being loyal player should be rewarded, and being active on the forums is the most direct way a regular player can help (without spending any money, that is). But I am somewhat disappointed when I look at the state of the suggestion tab today. These are players that spend hours on helping the server by coming up with fun ideas or important additions. But how are most post treated? A fake 'escalated' tag that will then be ignored for a long time, if not forever*. Even though it's infuriating to have no insight in the development of your idea, you can't let every player become a developer so I get that. However it just sad to see the most active and loyal players being treated this way.

I understand running this server is a lot of work, and not every suggestion can be implemented even if it's good. That's why I'm not asking for more suggestions being implemented or anything. I'm just asking for more transparancy so you guys don't scare away the backbone of your playerbase.

So how to fix this? An easy way would be a tag besides 'escalated'. Something to show that your idea has been heard and set apart, but you don't immediately get your hopes up. (leave suggestions for the name of this tag in the comments).
Another fix could be to tell people on the forums more about the development or release dates of an idea. Though this would make working for the server a lot more stressful as tons of people are now monitoring your developers' every move.

Thanks for reading this short, but still pretty critical suggestion. I know it isn't easy to run this server, especially the last few years.
-Viktorv9, a player who loves this server.

*(You can see examples of this when searching by the 'escalated' tab, and personally I saw it in an old post of mine (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/pvp-ffa-make-elytra-unbreakable.210568/#post-1037721). This one in particular seems like it would have a pretty simple solution.)
I think you don’t understand the hierarchy in which these tags function. Implemented is for existing features and escalated is for ideas that will be forwarded to the development team and discussed.

As for this new tag. There honestly cannot be an in-between in Implemented and Escalated. It would only be confusing, or hard to tell apart from escalated. Which would end up in people and staff interpreting the meaning of the tag subjectively.

About telling people about updates, I’ve always wanted this to be a thing. It doesn’t really need to be for big updates but it would give people something to look forward to. Some updates though, are better kept as a surprise.

viktorv9

May 25, 2015
So, you want another tag like escalated, that does the same thing as escalated...
I think we have one already called "escalated".
So the new tag you wanted is basically the same as the "Escalated" tag.
I think you don’t understand the hierarchy in which these tags function. Implemented is for existing features and escalated is for ideas that will be forwarded to the development team and discussed.

As for this new tag. There honestly cannot be an in-between in Implemented and Escalated. It would only be confusing, or hard to tell apart from escalated. Which would end up in people and staff interpreting the meaning of the tag subjectively.

So you guys aren't annoyed with not knowing if your idea will ever be implemented? The current state is just 'escate' and we hear nothing until it (possibly) gets implemented, while most of the time you hear nothing at all. We should at least hear something.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
As others have said, the tag that you've requested and described is what the escalated tag is. Regarding giving you information about dates of future releases before they happen, not going to happen I'm afraid. With a network as large as this there can often be unforeseen complications which means updates can sometimes be delayed as late as the day we try and release them (it doesn't happen very often, but it can and does happen occasionally). I can guarantee that players will be more annoyed if we give you a date and then miss it than if we don't give a date at all.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

viktorv9

May 25, 2015
Well it seems this was a pretty unpopular opinion so this can be locked, I guess.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
Top Bottom