Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Good idea?

• Total voters

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
The Idea💡

Hi everyone! There is this feature in which you can right click on someone's skin to open up their profile which also has the option to challange someone for a pvp duel:

1616177360708.png

This is really useful to challenge players for a duel in the beta lobby, but when you challenge someone for a duel via this menu in any other lobby, the following messages appear:

1616177336851.png

Message for the person who sent the invite

1616178980229.png

Message for the person who gets invited

I know that this currently works as intented, but I think it would be a pretty good idea to be able to start & accept 1v1 duels via this menu without having to switch lobbies, which would also make a bit more sense in my opinion. I could understand that some people might think this is just a different gamemode and should only belong to the belonging lobby, but I see duels as a fun game which you can quickly play in between other games with a friend for example. The button is already there, so I don't see any problems with it. Let me know what you think about this 🙂

Last edited:

spaceagentleo

Feb 5, 2021
This seems like a good idea at first but when you think about it what if there is a youtuber or a mod on and they just get spammed with duels? There is also probably a reason this doesnt work due to the code being in a different server but maybe they could implement this just need to add a few settings!

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
This seems like a good idea at first but when you think about it what if there is a youtuber or a mod on and they just get spammed with duels? There is also probably a reason this doesnt work due to the code being in a different server but maybe they could implement this just need to add a few settings!
I understand your point, but that's already the case right now right? The message would probably contain some different text but currently you also receive a message so that wouldn't really be different. The only change would be the possibility to accept the invite. You can also disable duel invites in your settings though, so I don't really see the problem.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
correct me if im wrong, but i think you can type a command into chat to challenge a player
You can only challange someone in the beta lobby actually. You can also kind of challange people in other lobbies, but only via the menu and they will just receive a message which you can see in the images I added in the thread.
You can't use the command though in other lobbies though, you'll get this message:
1616183204875.png

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
A Countdown would be helpful for everyone :p

Reactions: pieterpeer

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Its possible to spam YouTubers or mods with party invites as well ;)
But like Pieerpeer said, a few settings will solve this.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I'm bumping this thread because of the new way suggestions are handled.
The thread currently has 17 yes votes, but the way it now works is that people have to react to the thread with "Agree", "Unsure" or "Disagree".

Please react to the thread with your opinion! 😃

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Its possible to spam YouTubers or mods with party invites as well ;)
But like Pieerpeer said, a few settings will solve this.
The option even already exists! In the settings menu you can change the "Allow challanges" setting to friends & party only, which makes it impossible for random fans/players to spam duel invites to other players. Duel invites can only be sent once in the beta lobby btw, so this wouldn't even be a problem at all.

1617035624768.png

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Top Bottom