Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

helpmeob1

Jul 16, 2017
If we get banned for cheating can you give more detail on what kind of cheats we were using. Today I was banned for cheating even though I haven't ever used cheats.
You could at least say if it was some sort of anti knockback, aimbot or kill aura cheat or something like that.

It makes it much easier to write an appeal if we know what kind of cheating we were accused of.

Also, if we make an appeal and it was denied, can you tell us why it was denied. I made an appeal today and I feel like no one was actually bothered to read it because the appeal explained quite well that I wasn't cheating.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I know the sentinel doesn't give out what it detected you for to prevent client devs from bypassing it but most client devs already have hundreds of Alts they can use to test the sweet spot to bypass sentinel. It is very hard to appeal and try to find evidence that you weren't hacking when all it tells you is that you were apparently hacking. A little bit more detail would be nice and a message for why your appeal was denied, even if most of the time it was just a default one, would help.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

helpmeob1

Jul 16, 2017
If you accuse someone of hacking, then it must be because you saw them doing something that they could only do with a specific hack. Therefore the accuser should be able to specify what specific hack the player was using.

I know that I was banned for illegal client modifications, it would be nice to know what exactly they thought I was using.

Last edited:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
If you accuse someone of hacking, then it must be because you saw them doing something that they could only do with a specific hack. Therefore the accuser should be able to specify what specific hack the player was using.

I know that I was banned illegal client modifications, it would be nice to know what exactly that thought I was using.
Sentinel could possibly have falsely banned you. That happens often. But if I understand correct, you're not banned anymore?

helpmeob1

Jul 16, 2017
No I'm still banned for almost 7 more days but did you even read what I said?
I said that they should be able to specify what kind of hack they thought I was using.
Surely that's not too much to ask from them?

Reactions: CommunistCactus

lilHatch

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
United States
I agree, I am honestly somewhat scared that Sentinel might false ban me and I won't be able to get back on. I really wish there could be a better way and stop Sentinel from withholding anyone from a great Cubecraft experience!

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
It would be nice to know what you were banned for (what type of cheats). It could be very useful, because it makes it easier to figure out what might have caused you to be banned, to say so in the appeal. ;)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Therefore the accuser should be able to specify what specific hack the player was using.
well "The accuser" isn't exactly an "accuser" as much as it is AI

See the thing about Sentinel is the AI is nowhere near completely finished
this leads me to believe that it is possible they can't actually necessarily identify the difference between what it knows as a hack and a possible flag

helpmeob1

Jul 16, 2017
well "The accuser" isn't exactly an "accuser" as much as it is AI

See the thing about Sentinel is the AI is nowhere near completely finished
this leads me to believe that it is possible they can't actually necessarily identify the difference between what it knows as a hack and a possible flag
I see but when the appeal is 'reviewed'(they probably don't read the appeals) isn't it reviewed by a person who should know what hack I was accused of or does no one even know?

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head
Yes it would be nice what illegal client you we're using, sometimes for false banned people they don't even know what kind of client they we're using.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
isn't it reviewed by a person who should know what hack
well the CrazymanJR (The dev who created the anti-cheat in the first place) and GingerGeek (another dev) whom both do Sentinel appeals know 100% what hacks are however since you have already been banned I they obviously can't take a look at you in game and see if you are hacking (you're banned) and if they changed that and unbanned you but had close eyes you could have toggled them off so it wouldn't work, instead how they do it is check your logs and determine whether you are most likely hacking or not

Like I said sentinel isn't finished

Starfishunter

Jul 15, 2017
If we get banned for cheating can you give more detail on what kind of cheats we were using. Today I was banned for cheating even though I haven't ever used cheats.
You could at least say if it was some sort of anti knockback, aimbot or kill aura cheat or something like that.

It makes it much easier to write an appeal if we know what kind of cheating we were accused of.

Also, if we make an appeal and it was denied, can you tell us why it was denied. I made an appeal today and I feel like no one was actually bothered to read it because the appeal explained quite well that I wasn't cheating.
I disagree you do the "crime you do the time."

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I see where you're coming from, but there's a pretty good reason for this.

So in order to bypass an anti-cheat with a client, the client developer needs to have info on the anti-cheat & know what triggers the anti-cheat.
If we were to specifically specify what a person was banned for, it'd be extremely easy to test the anti-cheat and find out what CAN bypass it, and what CAN'T bypass it.
Keeping the type of cheat that you're banned for private makes it much harder for them to test & try to bypass the anti-cheat.

The biggest problem with this, is that it makes it harder to appeal with false bans. A way "around" this is to explain in detail what was happening right before you banned, and my guess is that they'll compare your story to the logs and decide whether it was false or not. If your appeal didn't get accepted, the simple reason is that they believe that you were cheating. Simple as that. If you still want a chance at getting unbanned, you can attempt to contact the anticheat developer on discord. This is his discord ID: CrazymanJR#4742

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hope we do not get a repeat of what happened in February when it comes to updates. I hope the EggWars update is prioritized first.
Context: Lunar event released before EggWars Perks update, both in February, and now we have Summer event and EggWars update in development.
GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Top Bottom