Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleVulcano

Mar 19, 2020
Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

Over the last couple of days, the issue of "short skins" have become more prevalent. We've been working on a solution to this which we hope to release soon. Will keep you updated with how that goes!

- Marked as planned.
Short skins don't change the hitbox

Furzide

Novice Member
May 12, 2020
your mum's house
It isn’t even the fact they have a short skin and it throws people off, some short skins literally have a shorter hit box too. If you know some simple Pythagorean theory, you would know that the hypotenuse is longer than the base of a triangle, which means to look down at something or to look up literally will decrease your reach to some body because you aren’t looking straight forward, which gives short skins a cosmetic advantage, but also a mechanical one
but it's literally just because you are aiming lower? it's pretty well known you get the best range when looking perfectly straight. it's not a mechanical advantage, it's a psychological advantage, making people think they have to aim lower than normal.

Reactions: Mr Penguuin

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Short skins are annyoing on cubecraft. They give u a slight advantage because your player model is smaller which throws peoples aim off if they aim for your head. There is no reason for them to be in the game and are just down right annoying. I dont see any reason for them to stay on cubecraft so them getting removed would be very cool.
Invis skins too. check if a skin has a 60% or more transparent or semi-transparent pixels. or force skins to render as .jpg

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
but it's literally just because you are aiming lower? it's pretty well known you get the best range when looking perfectly straight. it's not a mechanical advantage, it's a psychological advantage, making people think they have to aim lower than normal.
It's only psychological when the short skins don't actually have a smaller hitbox, otherwise they physically have an advantage due to them being shorter, which is mechanical

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Though that is true, it provides a competitive advantage to those who use it if they want to hide on a map. Hitboxes aren't visible for most players - so if a person with short skin crouches, they'll be hidden entirely if they're in a good position. We want to avoid that going forward 😄
Or if you use Yoda or the Monitor. You are basically 3/4ths of a block as yoda. and half a block as the Monitor

MDI5NTMxLmpwZw

It's only psychological when the short skins don't actually have a smaller hitbox, otherwise they physically have an advantage due to them being shorter, which is mechanical
Having a smaller skin gives the illusion of having a smaller hitbox as it modifies the player model to look and appear smaller. Unlike a "small" skin that uses transparency to make it look small. Small skins have a recreated model design that makes it appear as well that it has a different hitbox.

In games like Minecraft or other larger games that have character customization the hit boxes don't change.
But in games with set characters and not much of player customizability or with "hero" playable characters hitboxes usually change

SO I understand how people can confuse hitboxes sizes with different sized skins

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
I know this is planned, but here’s my thoughts. While short skins do give an advantage ( despite the hit box being the same), some people just like to wear short skins, and while it would be a given to remove them in future competitive modes, in normal casual play I’m not too sure. If it’s possible, short skins should be visible as normal to you and your party members, but should be seen as a Steve on other random people’s POV IMO.

Mr Penguuin

Jan 20, 2021
🌎
true

HeyitsmeBruh

Jan 18, 2022
England
Short skins are annyoing on cubecraft. They give u a slight advantage because your player model is smaller which throws peoples aim off if they aim for your head. There is no reason for them to be in the game and are just down right annoying. I dont see any reason for them to stay on cubecraft so them getting removed would be very cool.
Too agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed remove them they are annoying dude

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I know what you mean but i think its not fair to ban those people
Bans players from connecting WITH shortskins, doesn’t ban the player.

It’s like loading into the server with a custom bedrock skin maker in the marketplace, where you pick the skin parts.

Cube forces you to play with one of their default skins.

GalaxyNova

Jan 24, 2022
Bans players from connecting WITH shortskins, doesn’t ban the player.

It’s like loading into the server with a custom bedrock skin maker in the marketplace, where you pick the skin parts.

Cube forces you to play with one of their default skins.
Ah sry, then i didn't understand the sentence right. Yeah then i think its fair to ban short skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom