Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which ideas would you think work?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I would love for the poll to have a "No, I don't like this" option. It's not that I worry about the time it takes to implement, but rather that I completely dislike this feature due to pretty much exactly what @HackersDontWin stated.
Just because they're lagging and you're having a bad time fighting them, doesn't mean they're having a great time with an easy target. It's much worse on their side, trust me.

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
You realise upon kicking them, they are being kicked for no reason
Because someone turns on Netflix or something in their house for a few seconds than turns it off
This is just annoying
People whom are lagging are so easy to kill
Just because your logic, oh they can hit from 9 blocks away, they can't hit as much as you can hit them though, also they are in 1 place so killing them is easy
And I know people are going to attack me for this statement but it is generally true, tell me: when was the last time someone whom was lagging killed you while you were doing just fine?

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
1000+ ping
Dear eon how would even get on cubecraft with a ping that high?

Anyways i dont like this idea, sure it fixes things in your game but look at it from the players standpoint, how would feel to be kicked out of every game just because you were lagging? This could also be server breaking, sometimes its the world not the player thats lagging, so this could have a chance to misfire and kick out entire games -1

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Sometimes I get a delay in connection, which makes my ping go through the roof (1k+MS) but in a few seconds it goes back to 60-100ms. What if I'm doing good, and suddenly get kicked? Laggers will lag, most probably will get timed out if they have serious lag. Maximum they'll get a loss in packets and won't give any info to server if it goes above 500ms.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Dear eon how would even get on cubecraft with a ping that high?

Anyways i dont like this idea, sure it fixes things in your game but look at it from the players standpoint, how would feel to be kicked out of every game just because you were lagging? This could also be server breaking, sometimes its the world not the player thats lagging, so this could have a chance to misfire and kick out entire games -1
I've connected to cubecraft with over 3000 ping, it was horrible, the WORLD never lags, sometimes the server does however, but maybe if everyone had over 1000 ping it wouldn't kick anyone. Also having less than 1000 ping is not hard, when I am at a friends house they have comcast, and when I connect to cubecraft I have only 200 ping, you would need to either have 10 people watching Netflix or live in antarctica for 1000. I can bet you there are some people that go to 1000 ping intentionally just to piss people off, I think I am going to make a video of me using a ridiculous ping and killing people without strafing.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Sometimes I get a delay in connection, which makes my ping go through the roof (1k+MS) but in a few seconds it goes back to 60-100ms. What if I'm doing good, and suddenly get kicked? Laggers will lag, most probably will get timed out if they have serious lag. Maximum they'll get a loss in packets and won't give any info to server if it goes above 500ms.
I say in the main post that if you have 1000 for a whole minute it kicks you, not for a short lag spike
Well then your going to ban people for having high ping?
Smart move!
Where did you get ban from? I believe I said kick...

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I can bet you there are some people that go to 1000 ping intentionally just to piss people off
Noo, who would do that? :rolleyes:
Anyway, here is 1000ms in skywars
and here in duels
I don't think it's a good strategy to get wins in any game though. It adds a lot of randomness, it would be difficult for me to win a single skywars game with 1000ms ping when I have a good chance of dying in any fight. In duels it could give you a better chance against good players, but it would drastically reduce your chance against players that you would usually win against every time.
I don't think it's fun to annoy people this way, they play one fight against you like this but you have this lag in every fight, so you're hurting yourself the most. But I can't say with certainty that there is nobody doing this for fun.

Reactions: MimicPanda

DeLaatsteHoop

Novice Member
Sep 13, 2017
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Everyones seen them, dealt with them, etc. I think it would be a nice addition to the server to kick players under certain conditions.

1. The user has a constant 1000+ ping to the server for 1 minute or more
2. The user sends x amount of attack packets while standing 9+ blocks away from player they are attacking

The 1st one I am almost certain devs can find a way to set it up, it just needs to check a players ping, then kick them. There is only one problem I can see with this, if the player is connected to a middle man that connects Router -> 3rd party system -> Cubecraft this ping could be inaccurate, an example of this are WTFast, WTFast can have 5 ping to CC but you may have over 10,000 ping to WTFast and the server cant see that.

The 2nd one is a bit more problematic but seems simple enough to me, if a player is hitting players from more than 9+ blocks they are clearly using latency to their advantage. I am not a developer and have hardly any coding experience but this seems possible.

The Reason I suggest this is because if someone is getting their packets a whole second after they are sent they clearly aren't having fun and if they are sending packets a second later their opponents aren't having fun either.

Laggers stink I would say these two steps would prevent a lot of them, keep in mind most numbers I mention in the thread are just rough estimates and shouldn't be regarded as the end all be all.

Also, I am aware that there are certain mechanics that kick people that are laggy, however these are not kicking players judged by lag but rather symptoms of it, instead of kicking players that are having delayed packets they are kicking players that don't send all packets or too many packets.
I think it's really a bad idea because people with bad internet cannot do anything about it either.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom