Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

N_Strak8206

Novice Member
Mar 8, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I was playing competitive just for fun and trying to get a good win streak and I ended up in this match, I had a bad time in the run so didnt actually go for my record and didnt care waiting for the other guy to finish the parkour (I couldnt let him win cause of the win streak I was having, not because im evil or sth like that). And then this particle from running started to appear and then the fireworks and golden plate working as well. At first I thought it was some kind of "ghost" that represented my best time run, like in some racing games you see yourself in a sort of shadow doing the race too representing the best time you had in there, but I was about a minute and a half and my record was near 40 seconds so I discarded that idea. So I was wondering if it was an admin in ghost mode or sth else. Hope an admin or someone could tell me what was it lmao

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Legend says the ghost still roams the same map it lost its win streak in… Its grief bound it to the place. Even to this day, it still haunts those who dare play on the map.

Jokes aside, the only thing I can really think of it being is the same map being used for several game instances of Competitive. It’d be easier to reuse the same map for several players against each other than starting a new map for every pair. Basically, you’re not seeing the players but there are more players than you playing in the same map. That would be my guess, at least. Being invisible, haunting players in their parkour games isn’t part of an Admin’s job. :p

The video could use some spooky music though-

N_Strak8206

Novice Member
Mar 8, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Legend says the ghost still roams the same map it lost its win streak in… Its grief bound it to the place. Even to this day, it still haunts those who dare play on the map.

Jokes aside, the only thing I can really think of it being is the same map being used for several game instances of Competitive. It’d be easier to reuse the same map for several players against each other than starting a new map for every pair. Basically, you’re not seeing the players but there are more players than you playing in the same map. That would be my guess, at least. Being invisible, haunting players in their parkour games isn’t part of an Admin’s job. :p

The video could use some spooky music though-
Damn, surely the ghosts name its Miguelito "The kid who lost it all". And the spooky music would be great, but I suck at editing lol.

Thats a really good theory tho, you are probably right. All in the same map and you can only see your oponent. The admin theory I got was the only thing my brain could think but surely they dont waste time on that

• Haha
Reactions: LukaG_ and Hoshi

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
I do believe that Hoshi is probably right here. Having a map and hence an entire server open for just two players is quite costly and not very optimised, looking at the problem from the development/hosting perspective. So yea, since I also heard some firework particles in the background it's probably what's going on.

Also, I might want to suggest an idea here, to test the theory. The next time you are in a game, do /list or press escape (or whatever button brings up the menu on the controller) and in both cases, you will see a list of all the players on the current server you are on. That way, you can see whether it's just you and your opponent on the server, or there are more people, just hidden from you.

N_Strak8206

Novice Member
Mar 8, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I do believe that Hoshi is probably right here. Having a map and hence an entire server open for just two players is quite costly and not very optimised, looking at the problem from the development/hosting perspective. So yea, since I also heard some firework particles in the background it's probably what's going on.

Also, I might want to suggest an idea here, to test the theory. The next time you are in a game, do /list or press escape (or whatever button brings up the menu on the controller) and in both cases, you will see a list of all the players on the current server you are on. That way, you can see whether it's just you and your opponent on the server, or there are more people, just hidden from you.
I will, nice one Luka

Reactions: Hoshi
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom