Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
In my years of playing eggwars I've developed skills and mastered (yes very modest i know) nearly every aspect of the game. From dealing with rushers who try to kill you at the start of the game, to killing overpowered campers at the end of the game. I've seen it all and have a strategy for nearly every player type, but there's one player that i haven't figured out how to kill easily, you see them in nearly every game, everyone in my party always complains about them whenever they die to them. Yes you guessed it (from reading the title) its lagger's. I've trained months to master my combos and yet it doesn't work against them as their knockback is so delayed that my senses of where players usually get knocked back to direct my next hit, is messed up. Bridge fights are near impossible with them as half of the time their hits take a few seconds to register and it seems like they have reach. I picked eggwars to discuss this as they seem to be in eggwars the most, but are also in other gamemodes. Does anyone have any Tips or Tricks that works against someone that's lagging? If so I would greatly appreciate it (and I'm sure others would too)

Reactions: henryk and iiJoris_

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
It is actually really unfair to fight against a player with less knockback than you. There is also not a good way to get those laggers. What I always try is to shift hit, shift hitting is a way to get less kb. A other way is too make the range between you and your opponent short, because laggers also get a longer range than you.

But, to be honnest there is actually no specific way to get the laggers, but I hope you have something with the things I try/do to kill a lagger. :)

Last edited:

D34DZ3R0

Apr 2, 2020
I don't think that there is really a strategy to killing laggers, but you can try things like crouching since it reduces knockback.

Reactions: GladiusYugen

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
The trick is to get a high number of hits (including half hits, sometimes even quarter hits) even if your sword hasn't reloaded yet.
Well, this mostly only works in OP mode because your sword will usually do more damage to their armour than they will do to your armour, even if your health is getting lower than theirs.
If you don't have enough gear and can only bow spam/hit them off the island, only shoot/hit when they jump, this makes them take more knockback.
Then when their armour breaks, they will struggle because it takes much longer for them to eat a gapple, and with their lag sometimes their gapple fails and you can drop them. Though if they eat a notch, its much harder to drop them, so what I do is just run for 2mins if they eat a notch to waste its duration.
You can also place blocks in front of them if they try to combo you and if you're lucky, they'll get glitched in the block due to their lag and you can crit them out, which is always funny to see.
Another thing I like to do is hit them against a wall and obby trap them. Much easier to trap a lagger than a player with good connection (see image below)
2020-04-18_02.10.10.png

Of course most of these ideas are based on situations, but the main goal is to make the game long because laggers are dangerous early game

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
I think there's not a specific way to beat laggers, try to ignore them as much as possible. Otherwise try to play smart by shooting them of a brigde?

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
Do you play 1.8 or 1.9?

The trick is to get a high number of hits (including half hits, sometimes even quarter hits) even if your sword hasn't reloaded yet.
Well, this mostly only works in OP mode because your sword will usually do more damage to their armour than they will do to your armour, even if your health is getting lower than theirs.
If you don't have enough gear and can only bow spam/hit them off the island, only shoot/hit when they jump, this makes them take more knockback.
Then when their armour breaks, they will struggle because it takes much longer for them to eat a gapple, and with their lag sometimes their gapple fails and you can drop them. Though if they eat a notch, its much harder to drop them, so what I do is just run for 2mins if they eat a notch to waste its duration.
You can also place blocks in front of them if they try to combo you and if you're lucky, they'll get glitched in the block due to their lag and you can crit them out, which is always funny to see.
I tried these out and they actually work, thanks for your help and I hope more people see this as its quite a problem.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
In my years of playing eggwars I've developed skills and mastered (yes very modest i know) nearly every aspect of the game. From dealing with rushers who try to kill you at the start of the game, to killing overpowered campers at the end of the game. I've seen it all and have a strategy for nearly every player type, but there's one player that i haven't figured out how to kill easily, you see them in nearly every game, everyone in my party always complains about them whenever they die to them. Yes you guessed it (from reading the title) its lagger's. I've trained months to master my combos and yet it doesn't work against them as their knockback is so delayed that my senses of where players usually get knocked back to direct my next hit, is messed up. Bridge fights are near impossible with them as half of the time their hits take a few seconds to register and it seems like they have reach. I picked eggwars to discuss this as they seem to be in eggwars the most, but are also in other gamemodes. Does anyone have any Tips or Tricks that works against someone that's lagging? If so I would greatly appreciate it (and I'm sure others would too)
use a bow or just hit and run hit and run over and over again :)

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Using tnt also works, it is the only time they can take kb, if a tnt explodes usually they will go up in the air 3-4 blocks allowing you to get a quick bow spam.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I reccommend running to somewhere where it will be hard to hit u off.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Another thing I like to do is hit them against a wall and obby trap them. Much easier to trap a lagger than a player with good connection (see image below)
2020-04-18_02.10.10.png

Of course most of these ideas are based on situations, but the main goal is to make the game long because laggers are dangerous early game
dude this is cruel

ImOmega

Jun 30, 2016
Just bowspam and use blockhit for less damage, adn try to throw it out of the island.

DevBasic1

May 2, 2020
To kill a lagger, normally they will have the upper hand in a fight, But you can make the fight even. One way you can do this is bu building a 1 by 1 so that they cant kill you. the only way they can kill you is by hopping in with you. Then the lagger cant run away and it will be an even fight. This trick also works on hackers with reach and kill aura,

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Had some internet issues last week and went on a weekend getaway to an amusement park with my bf, but I'm back to grind and have fun on cube again :)
I missed u guys >.>
Reesle wrote on ElFlxen_'s profile.
Cool person!
Hqteful wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!🎉
FIRE BUNDLE?? 🌟
Sick!
IMG_5373.png
Reesle wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, Pro Duckerator! 🥳🎉🐤
Top Bottom