Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Aug 15, 2023
Hackers are able to fly and use extreme auras with blatant settings. Some java anti cheats have basically eliminated blatant cheating.
So here are some checks the anti cheat should add:s

- Full 1:1 movement prediction with silent movement correction
- A 3.001 range check which auto-bans on the second range hit
- A 99.99 percent velocity check which checks velocity for more than 3 ticks

All these things are already implemented in Java anti cheats like Polar, Intave or Grim. It might be harder to implement something like this in Bedrock, because of multi-platform support. But at the end it would prevent most of the cheaters from playing.

Inparsian

Mar 1, 2023
#BRINGBACK5v5s
1:1 movement prediction, 3.001 range or 99.9% velocity checks for Bedrock is a terrible idea in my opinion, because unlike Java, Bedrock uses the UDP protocol, where packet delivery or ordering is not guaranteed at all. That alone makes "eliminating" blatant cheating on the Bedrock platform a much more difficult challenge than just implementing the whole game's movement engine into the anticheat. Alongside this, to my knowledge Bedrock can not be decompiled because it was made in C++.

Aug 15, 2023
1:1 movement prediction, 3.001 range or 99.9% velocity checks for Bedrock is a terrible idea in my opinion, because unlike Java, Bedrock uses the UDP protocol, where packet delivery or ordering is not guaranteed at all. That alone makes "eliminating" blatant cheating on the Bedrock platform a much more difficult challenge than just implementing the whole game's movement engine into the anticheat. Alongside this, to my knowledge Bedrock can not be decompiled because it was made in C++.
Sure! I don’t know anything about bedrock’s protocol. I’m a java dev, but that doesn’t change the fact that the anti cheats need to be focused more by the devs. The problem aren’t just the blatant cheaters; closet cheaters are there too.

But the fact that fly and fast speeds do bypass shows that the anti cheat needs improvement. Look at Hive: There isn’t a fly, fast speed, ...

If packet order isn’t guaranteed it’s of course hard to ban for low range. But you could still staff alert for a basic 3.3 block reach check.

Inparsian

Mar 1, 2023
#BRINGBACK5v5s
Sure! I don’t know anything about bedrock’s protocol. I’m a java dev, but that doesn’t change the fact that the anti cheats need to be focused more by the devs. The problem aren’t just the blatant cheaters; closet cheaters are there too.

But the fact that fly and fast speeds do bypass shows that the anti cheat needs improvement. Look at Hive: There isn’t a fly, fast speed, ...

If packet order isn’t guaranteed it’s of course hard to ban for low range. But you could still staff alert for a basic 3.3 block reach check.
Sure, I do agree that cheaters are a huge problem and that the anticheat does have room for improvement, but making it better is far easier said than done, it won't come quickly; Bedrock is just a LOT harder to prevent cheats on, it has far more obstacles compared to Java. If only Bedrock started using TCP...

Reactions: thetigerpython

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
As someone who’s knows java and c++ (how it works at least) I can tell you all of those are basically non existent in java too, well it’s possible but it’s not flawless, the problem with that is glitches, glitches the bane of a coders existence. Now this doesn’t matter if speed doesn’t change but it does. Anyways bye, I’m going to take a nap, and be happy

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom