Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Thomasje2121

Dec 26, 2015
Netherlands

An improvement to Ender

As you all know, Ender has returned to the network after being gone for two years! This has gotten me very excited, but there is something that should be said. This has been said before in the discord and even on these forums, but I feel like this should get a bit more attention.

Ender is hard, very hard....
This year, a new feature has been added, that allows players to be Ender and to chase the humans. This by itself is a great improvement to the game in my opinion. Previously, whenever humans were to meet Ender, a simple look in another direction would suffice to live. This perhaps, made the game a bit too easy... Players who often played Ender, got to know the page locations and some games were won in only a few minutes. This alone, is a great example of why it is great to have a player portrait Ender this time around.

However, it appears that Ender may have a task that is a bit too easy. Tracking players down with speed, then simply stalking them untill they die. Looking downwards is simply not enough as a human. By standing inside a human, Ender can kill within a few seconds. Several players of the server have mentioned that this makes Ender too OP. I would like to say that, Yes, this is true to some extend, but perhaps this should be viewed from a different standpoint. What if we looked at the human abilities instead of Ender. I don't think Ender is too OP, but rather the humans are too weak!

In the games that I have played, I could simply not find any way to defend against Ender. Once he had found you, it was game over....

Adding abilities to the torch

After thinking about a solution to this issue, I found that it is best to simply use something that is already in the game. My suggestion, is to use the Torch to improve the gameplay. Whenever Ender appears visible in front of you, the Torch could serve as a method of defense. What if, the torch could act as if Ender is interacting with water. An enderman that touches water, instantly teleports away to a random location. The light of the Torch could "Blind" Ender and lead to them, teleporting away to a random location in the map. This will allow the humans to survive during a critical encounter.

In my opinion, implementing this into the game, will lead to an overall better balanced game. If the humans don't complete their tasks of finding pages, their
Torch will run out and they shall be a target for Ender. If the humans are succesfully looking for pages, their chance of surviving can increase significantly. For Ender, this does not mean that it makes the task too hard. "Jump scaring" humans can still be very succesful. 🎃

Please vote for what you think about this suggestion, and may we all enjoy Ender while it is back!!

Mivke

Forum Expert
Sep 10, 2018
Rotterdam
www.youtube.com
The ender is waaaaaay to OP. Like you said if hes on you you're dead. They need to nerf the ender or add more pages imo. I rather have the ender from 2 years ago than this one.

Thomasje2121

Dec 26, 2015
Netherlands
The ender is waaaaaay to OP. Like you said if hes on you you're dead. They need to nerf the ender or add more pages imo. I rather have the ender from 2 years ago than this one.
Right now, the old Ender is also better imo. This new version could be better, but a few changes should be made indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: Mivke

art in italy

Sep 29, 2021
The fact that when the Ender stands inside of another players block it instantly kills them is game-breaking. You can’t turn away, look down, nor up.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him

An improvement to Ender

As you all know, Ender has returned to the network after being gone for two years! This has gotten me very excited, but there is something that should be said. This has been said before in the discord and even on these forums, but I feel like this should get a bit more attention.

Ender is hard, very hard....
This year, a new feature has been added, that allows players to be Ender and to chase the humans. This by itself is a great improvement to the game in my opinion. Previously, whenever humans were to meet Ender, a simple look in another direction would suffice to live. This perhaps, made the game a bit too easy... Players who often played Ender, got to know the page locations and some games were won in only a few minutes. This alone, is a great example of why it is great to have a player portrait Ender this time around.

However, it appears that Ender may have a task that is a bit too easy. Tracking players down with speed, then simply stalking them untill they die. Looking downwards is simply not enough as a human. By standing inside a human, Ender can kill within a few seconds. Several players of the server have mentioned that this makes Ender too OP. I would like to say that, Yes, this is true to some extend, but perhaps this should be viewed from a different standpoint. What if we looked at the human abilities instead of Ender. I don't think Ender is too OP, but rather the humans are too weak!

In the games that I have played, I could simply not find any way to defend against Ender. Once he had found you, it was game over....

Adding abilities to the torch

After thinking about a solution to this issue, I found that it is best to simply use something that is already in the game. My suggestion, is to use the Torch to improve the gameplay. Whenever Ender appears visible in front of you, the Torch could serve as a method of defense. What if, the torch could act as if Ender is interacting with water. An enderman that touches water, instantly teleports away to a random location. The light of the Torch could "Blind" Ender and lead to them, teleporting away to a random location in the map. This will allow the humans to survive during a critical encounter.

In my opinion, implementing this into the game, will lead to an overall better balanced game. If the humans don't complete their tasks of finding pages, their
Torch will run out and they shall be a target for Ender. If the humans are succesfully looking for pages, their chance of surviving can increase significantly. For Ender, this does not mean that it makes the task too hard. "Jump scaring" humans can still be very succesful. 🎃

Please vote for what you think about this suggestion, and may we all enjoy Ender while it is back!!
It's a good suggestion, maybe they could make it so you can only use your torch to avoid being killed by the ender a few times per game, but this would definitely make the game much more fair.

Reactions: Thomasje2121

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I totally agree with you on this one! I haven't won a game of Ender yet. It's an original idea as well, I like what you did with the font colors ^_^
Whatever happens, I do think Ender needs an update to give everyone a more pleasant and fair gameplay.

Faytjee

Apr 26, 2019
This, even with the more pages added I keep dying because once the ender finds you, you're dead. I really like your torch idea of blinding the ender, but once u find a page u also get torch power so I would lower the amount of torch power you can get from a page :)

Reactions: Thomasje2121
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thanks for the follow 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy birthday Shamel! 🎈
Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.