Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Nov 23, 2020
Germany
Hey there, I have played alot of among us games already and got annoyed by some people trolling or getting themselves voted out before.
Basically i suggest having a "elo" system. This generally gives you a ranking (not visible to players) that can cause in lower imposter ratings for example. (My first thought was maybe a warning or smt, but people will always find a way to abuse a system..)

Generally the most common issues i see are afk, people getting themself kicked out because they didnt get imposter and teaming/ghosting (hard to automize).
These things are generally without a moderator/admin looking at them hard to get traced and the report system is yet not really efficient in my opinion over forums.

The system i mainly suggest is goin to try to consider those 3 main aspects combined with a elo system. (punishment is up to the staff on what they see as correct)

(--> Afk: Really easy to detect. The main problem here is for example that when a body is found or a meeting is called the players get teleported and therefore move.)
I put this in brackets cuz it doesnt have a big connection to the "elo" system.

--> Getting yourself kicked out: generally it is easily detectable of a bot. Mainly they call meetings as soon as possible +-10-20 seconds. And the info combined to the votes they give (voting for yourself) or getting quickly voted out the next round for example. I am not going to go too much into detail here. Of course this is something what can happen to anyone who doesnt have the intend to troll/getting himself kicked out. That is how the "elo" system then gets introduced. Generally it gives each player their own personal ranking and if this situation happens. You get for example 1 minus point. The more times this happens, the worse your elo / imposter chance gets. By playing a from the "bot" as normal considered game your elo goes back up again also. This is just a quick easy sketch up of a complex idea and not even close to a finished item.

--> Teaming / ghosting: There are different ways of teaming and ghosting. I have seen alot of people already do this and this will always be an issue. There are multiple ways of teaming / ghosting, over party chat for example or for example discord or a call. Since party chat is the only thing that can be analyzed by a bot for example, its the only option that im gonna get into here. The rest can only be reported over forums. Technically, if a person teams / ghosts 1 time with a friend, they do it again. Having a addition to the /report command for teaming (with a info of this) would help for example. How this would generally work is if multiple reports of teaming come in then a bot will check the party messages for words mainly used in among slimes. (this can be for example "imposter" "colors" etc.. if it detects enough this gets forwarded to a mod to get reviewed. The main problem i see here is that if a mod reviews the party chats of people it can be invading private messages that are not supposed to be seen by a 3rd person.

These are not all problems among slimes has currently, but the main ones i could think of right now. If you have any questions or feedback feel free to let me know on this forum post. Thanks for reading!

Reactions: Ben5124

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
I think this is a good idea, since if you play the game properly, it wouldn't affect you at all. However, I don't see how this would combat this problem since lowering an imposter chance would maybe make them leave more. But in the long term, if they never get it, they may just not play. It could affect people who have lagged at and wasn't their fault, however that is just a small proportion compared to the people you are talking about. But either way its a thumbs up from me. : )

Nov 23, 2020
Germany
However, I don't see how this would combat this problem since lowering an imposter chance would maybe make them leave more. But in the long term, if they never get it, they may just not play.
--> Yes, but the fact that you can see your imposter chance at the start (maybe make it more obvious) and them seeing it go down so they will realize what has happened...

It could affect people who have lagged at and wasn't their fault, however that is just a small proportion compared to the people you are talking about.
--> If you lag alot and leave because of that, you still maybe ruin the experience for others if one teammate leaves at the start in my opinion.

Reactions: Ben5124

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
--> Yes, but the fact that you can see your imposter chance at the start (maybe make it more obvious) and them seeing it go down so they will realize what has happened...

--> If you lag alot and leave because of that, you still maybe ruin the experience for others if one teammate leaves at the start in my opinion.
ah okay that makes sense, if people see it going down they will probs stop. good idea

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom