Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Among Slimes is a new game on Cubecraft (at the time I'm writing this) and is basically Among Us in Minecraft. I think it's a really cool game idea, but why not play Among Us instead? However, for those who don't have Among Us, Among Slimes is just perfect.

Among Slimes can be made better in a few ways. Here's what I was thinking:

Add a role preference option.
Sometimes, a player can be an imposter so often that they actually don't want to be imposter anymore. Some just don't like the stress of being imposter. Though they may be unusual, it still might be a good idea to add an option to always be crewmates in the Among Slimes NPC, unless more than eight people have it selected.

Remove the charge battery task, or at least make it easier.
For those without the mouse skills some gamers have, the charge batteries task is very difficult. It also doesn't actually exist in the real Among Us. I struggled with it at first until I developed a strategy to it.

Add an option to make a "favorite door lock".
There are two extra hotbar slots available as impostor. Why not add a "favorite lock" where one of the extra two slots quickly locks a certain door of choice without opening a menu that suspiciously stops you from walking? The door can be set in the Among Slimes NPC. Perhaps the other could be a second favorite, or last used.

Further decrease the chances of being imposter from leaving the game immediately at the start.
A lot of people leave the game until they become impostor. The day Among Slimes was released, there was no punishment for this. Now, the chance of becoming imposter the next game decreases by approximately 7%, and 3% the next. I know because my internet died in the middle of a game. My suggestion is to decrease the chances of being imposter further if you leave the game in the first 30 seconds and/or before the first meeting.

Add more tasks.
The tasks given to crewmates are almost the same every game, because there are only 8 or 9 tasks available, but 6 tasks per player per game. With more tasks (including divert power, stabilize steering, fuel engines, prime shields, submit scan, destroy asteroids, align engine output, calibrate distributor, and start reactor (though reactor actually being TNT would mean probably not for that one)), the tasks would be different every game.

Add a task amount preference.
Some people like more than 6 tasks, others like less. There could be an option to set "preferred number of tasks" to anywhere between 1 and all of them. They could even set it to infinity so the only way to win is by voting out the impostors. If preferences of all players were greater than 6, the lowest number is the number of tasks. If they are all less than 6, the highest number is the number of tasks. That way, preferences could change the number of tasks but no one is less happy than they would be if this suggestion were never implemented.

Add achievements.
All games can use achievements, right? All the other games (except featured games) have them! Among Slimes could use some achievements such as "Single-handedly fix an O2 sabotage" or "Step on the plate to fix a TNT sabotage within 5 seconds of the sabotage happening, but die from the sabotage anyway".

Add an AFK kick (if there isn't already one).
Sometimes, ghosts are AFK and don't finish their tasks while crewmates are relying on them because they can't figure out who the impostor(s) are. If an AFK kicker were implemented, AFK ghosts would not be so annoying to crewmates.

Increase the difference in color between cyan and blue.
Cyan and blue look very similar to each other. I got ejected because I said I saw cyan kill, but it was actually blue.

Change the tasks in navigation.
The tasks in navigation take significantly longer than others. Only having to click the corners of the chart course task, removing one planet from navigate to planet, and showing the entire order of the planets in navigate to planet would all help.

Add visual tasks.
Visual tasks can change the game just a little or a lot. For those who don't know, visual tasks are tasks that can be seen. In Among Us, they include submit scan, destroy asteroids, and empty chute (only visible in storage). Often, in Among Us, people get suspected and they say they have a visual task and can show the other players them doing it to prove their innocence... or they can slaughter anyone who comes with them.

Some of these suggestions may be hard to implement, but some (like the AFK kick and cyan and blue color variance) would be quite easily done, and many would benefit the game greatly. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Add role preference:
Its random for a reason. I dont know how many are available in each lobby, but everyone should have an equal chance as impasta (unless they leave early)
Favourite door lock: Sounds like a good idea it's a lot more convenient
Decreasing imposter for people who leave: I think this is a good idea. However, like you said you might be disconnected because of your internet. So maybe this could change depending on your ping, or if you /hubbed
Task amount preferance: Maybe they could split the lobbies so that people can join a lobby with good default settings or custom. Sounds good
AFK kick: Knowing Cubecraft, they probably already made one, so skip (unintended joke)
Difference in colour: I personally find it easy to tell the difference between the colours, that's probably because I know all my shades. However, if people find it difficult to tell them apart then changing them do seem like a good idea.
Make swipe too fast and slow: Good idea for java, but not for bedrock because console players can automate it because of sensitivity change
Visual tasks: Is a good idea. I'd say the green stars for medbay, smoke particles for shields, falling particles for chute and idk what for weapons (idek the tasks on slimes I play bedrock)

Please add to bedrock if not already planned si staff

bl6ze

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2019
Among Slimes is a new game on Cubecraft (at the time I'm writing this) and is basically Among Us in Minecraft. I think it's a really cool game idea, but why not play Among Us instead? However, for those who don't have Among Us, Among Slimes is just perfect.

Among Slimes can be made better in a few ways. Here's what I was thinking:

Add a role preference option.
Sometimes, a player can be an imposter so often that they actually don't want to be imposter anymore. Some just don't like the stress of being imposter. Though they may be unusual, it still might be a good idea to add an option to always be crewmates in the Among Slimes NPC, unless more than eight people have it selected.

For those without the mouse skills some gamers have, the charge batteries task is very difficult. It also doesn't actually exist in the real Among Us. I struggled with it at first until I developed a strategy to it.

Add an option to make a "favorite door lock".
There are two extra hotbar slots available as impostor. Why not add a "favorite lock" where one of the extra two slots quickly locks a certain door of choice without opening a menu that suspiciously stops you from walking? The door can be set in the Among Slimes NPC. Perhaps the other could be a second favorite, or last used.

Further decrease the chances of being imposter from leaving the game immediately at the start.
A lot of people leave the game until they become impostor. The day Among Slimes was released, there was no punishment for this. Now, the chance of becoming imposter the next game decreases by approximately 7%, and 3% the next. I know because my internet died in the middle of a game. My suggestion is to decrease the chances of being imposter further if you leave the game in the first 30 seconds and/or before the first meeting.

Add more tasks.
The tasks given to crewmates are almost the same every game, because there are only 8 or 9 tasks available, but 6 tasks per player per game. With more tasks (including divert power, stabilize steering, fuel engines, prime shields, submit scan, destroy asteroids, align engine output, calibrate distributor, and start reactor (though reactor actually being TNT would mean probably not for that one)), the tasks would be different every game.

Add a task amount preference.
Some people like more than 6 tasks, others like less. There could be an option to set "preferred number of tasks" to anywhere between 1 and all of them. They could even set it to infinity so the only way to win is by voting out the impostors. If preferences of all players were greater than 6, the lowest number is the number of tasks. If they are all less than 6, the highest number is the number of tasks. That way, preferences could change the number of tasks but no one is less happy than they would be if this suggestion were never implemented.

Add an AFK kick (if there isn't already one).
Sometimes, ghosts are AFK and don't finish their tasks while crewmates are relying on them because they can't figure out who the impostor(s) are. If an AFK kicker were implemented, AFK ghosts would not be so annoying to crewmates.

Increase the difference in color between cyan and blue.
Cyan and blue look very similar to each other. I got ejected because I said I saw cyan kill, but it was actually blue.

Make the swipe card task in Admin possible to swipe too fast or too slow.
In real Among Us, sometimes, several attempts are made to the swipe card task because the card can be swiped too quickly or too slowly. In Among Slimes, you can literally do it in a quarter second by right-clicking the card scanner, then immediately sneaking and looking right.

Change the tasks in navigation.
The tasks in navigation take significantly longer than others. Only having to click the corners of the chart course task, removing one planet from navigate to planet, and showing the entire order of the planets in navigate to planet would all help.

Add visual tasks.
Visual tasks can change the game just a little or a lot. For those who don't know, visual tasks are tasks that can be seen. In Among Us, they include submit scan, destroy asteroids, and empty chute (only visible in storage). Often, in Among Us, people get suspected and they say they have a visual task and can show the other players them doing it to prove their innocence... or they can slaughter anyone who comes with them.

Some of these suggestions may be hard to implement, but some (like the AFK kick and cyan and blue color variance) would be quite easily done, and many would benefit the game greatly. Thanks for reading!
Add a role preference option: i dont think this should be implemented because you can prove your innocence by just saying "oh i picked to be crewmate cuz i dont like impostor". even tho u could fake it (which would be impossible when 8 people have picked to be crewmate) i still dont think its a good idea

Remove the charge battery task, or at least make it easier: i dont agree with removing the task but i agree with making it easier by basically making it so the batteries dont "de-charge" if you dont charge the other ones fast enough

Add an option to make a "favorite door lock": completely agree with this

Further decrease the chances of being imposter from leaving the game immediately at the start: i dont think this would change much as 30 seconds isnt that much time to wait, or they could just call an emergency meeting immediately and leave

Add more tasks: i dont see why not

Add a task amount preference: id like to see this get implemented with more settings like "Confirm Ejects: Off" etc.

Add an AFK kick (if there isn't already one): y e s, and while were at it, they should add that to the actual game aswell

Increase the difference in color between cyan and blue: i use a texture pack so i have no problem with this one, even though i see how it could get annoying

Make the swipe card task in Admin possible to swipe too fast or too slow: card swipe is already very annoying pls no

Change the tasks in navigation: i agree. this place is more dangerous than electrical

Add visual tasks: this is meh imo, i play among us with visuals off so i prefer it the way it is currently but i dont see a reason why it shouldnt be added as a toggleable option, just dont force it on people since some people like playing with visuals off

all in all, most of the suggestions are really solid and id like to see them being implemented into the game

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
I have updated the thread by removing the part about making the swipe card task possible to be done too fast or too slow, as it has been implemented since posting this thread.

I have also added a newly thought of section about adding achievements.

Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Although I personally don't have a problem with it, I understand the struggle. I think I'd be a better idea to remove the battery going down.

Add more tasks.
I completely agree that more tasks need to be added. I think that they're already planning on doing this, but they were first testing the waters. I'd be a waste for developers to code every single Among Us task into the game, only for nobody to actually like it. Now they have been able to see the amount of players that like the game, so they can add more tasks and know that it's not a waste of time.
Add visual tasks.
Yes, but, just like Among Us, you should be able to turn this off, especially in private games but perferably also in public games. Some people simply don't like visual tasks because it's an extremely easy way to be hard cleared. Not having visual tasks adds more challenge, so as I said, optional.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom