• No (Explain why)

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
Hello!
My suggestion is pretty big, but it won't take too long to explain.

I think that the impostors should have a panel where they can send specific
quick messages that only the other impostor can see.

For example:

[Yellow] Ge1ster: Come to [area]!
[Yellow] Ge1ster: Kill [color]!
[Yellow] Ge1ster: I will sabotage [sabotage type]!
[Yellow] Ge1ster: Follow me!

The cooldown on the quick messages should be 10 seconds.
I believe it would really help the impostors cooperate, what do you think?

AnolTongi

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 18, 2020
Turkey
I really like this idea, if this won’t create a problem while getting implemented, I would love to see this in game!

• Love
Reactions: Ge1ster

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
I rather they add a command like /ic (imposter chat) where they can send messages similar to a party chat. However, it would just be for imposters when they are allowed to speak. That way more situation-based words can be said.
I thought about that too at first, I even forgot the change the thread's name, you can see it's called "Among Slimes Impostor Chat", haha

But I would argue that it would be way too OP for the impostors if they could use direct messages to cooperate. Plus, if you see someone standing still, you wouldn't be able to tell if they are just AFK or typing, it would add some confusion too.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought about that too at first, I even forgot the change the thread's name, you can see it's called "Among Slimes Impostor Chat", haha

But I would argue that it would be way too OP for the impostors if they could use direct messages to cooperate. Plus, if you see someone standing still, you wouldn't be able to tell if they are just AFK or typing, it would add some confusion too.

I'm thinking you'd only be able to chat during meetings? Like private chat with the other imposter to figure stuff out.

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!
My suggestion is pretty big, but it won't take too long to explain.

I think that the impostors should have a panel where they can send specific
quick messages that only the other impostor can see.

For example:

[Yellow] Ge1ster: Come to [area]!
[Yellow] Ge1ster: Kill [color]!
[Yellow] Ge1ster: I will sabotage [sabotage type]!
[Yellow] Ge1ster: Follow me!

The cooldown on the quick messages should be 10 seconds.
I believe it would really help the impostors cooperate, what do you think?
I liked the suggestion, it will give the impostors chance to communicate with each other

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I think this would be helpful! It's hard to communicate when you have no interaction, especially when there are new players within the gamemode. I understand that this isn't in the original concept of the game, but these few actions would be a major help to Impostors and possibly make it more likely for them to win.

Majority of the time, it ends up being obvious who Impostors are, this is mainly due to lack of communication early on, hence one being voted out. This then leads the other to try and win the game alone, after time it is obvious who aren't doing tasks, as well as people who are close to death locations.

I think the cooldown on these interactions should be 20 - 30 seconds though. 10 seconds can go by very quickly, which could give them a quick advantage in winning, due to large amounts of communication. However, 20 - 30 seconds is similar to sabotage and kill lengths, hence it not being a massive impact. Overall, I love this suggestion!

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
You're absolutely right!
I think 30 seconds feels much more fair
I really like the idea of imposter communications, but a cooldown is necessary for sure. I think 30 seconds seems reasonable, but maybe instead of a time based cooldown it should be after specific events, like killing a crewmate or a body being reported. Not sure if this is actually better than just having a time, but I thought I would suggest it.

Sardonyq

Novice Member
Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
I really like the 10 second cooldown, giving communication like this can be seen as very powerful and influential to game-flow in a game like Among Us in Minecraft. Making sure it can't be overpowered is smart! :)

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
I really like the idea of imposter communications, but a cooldown is necessary for sure. I think 30 seconds seems reasonable, but maybe instead of a time based cooldown it should be after specific events, like killing a crewmate or a body being reported. Not sure if this is actually better than just having a time, but I thought I would suggest it.
I think it would lose its purpose if it was conditional - this is entirely based on the impostors coordination.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i disagree with this idea,

among slimes is based around the popular game Among Us, where the goal is to play strategic and without communication, except in meetings obviously. imposters, just like Crewmates, shouldnt be able to talk while doing tasks/killing as this would ruin the whole idea of the game.

Reactions: Sardonyq

Sardonyq

Novice Member
Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
i disagree with this idea,

among slimes is based around the popular game Among Us, where the goal is to play strategic and without communication, except in meetings obviously. imposters, just like Crewmates, shouldnt be able to talk while doing tasks/killing as this would ruin the whole idea of the game.
I actually never thought of this, I don't think there's a chat in the real Among Us for the imposters, so there shouldn't be one in the Minecraft version, right? In theory?

I honestly didn't think of this.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom