Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Hello, everyone! Today, I'd like to suggest an update idea for Among Slimes! So my idea is to basically add abilities to Among Slimes. But what are they and how are they used? Everything will be explained in this thread!

So first, what are the abilities and what do they do? Glad you've asked! An ability is a special power which could be used by either the impostor or the crewmate team in order to boost their chances to win. I'd like to suggest to give them to twice as many crewmates as there are impostors with them (Which means 2 abilities for the crewmates if there is one impostor (and that impostor has an ability) and 4 abilities if there are two (in which case both impostors will get one ability)), and I'd like to point out that only one player would get to use a certain ability (you can't get two or more abilities as either a crewmate or an impostor).
And why should they be added? Because they MAY boost Among Slimes' popularity on the server, and they'll also solve a HUGE problem - people who leave the games as soon as they realise they are not the impostor (yes, you do get your chances decreased if you do this, but it still happens way too much and ruins quite a lot of games), because if they get an ability like this, they may stay for a bit longer and actually contribute towards figuring out who the impostors are.

Chance to get an ability
Now you know the definition of the abilities and why they should be added, so now I'll explain what the probability should be in order to get one.
First, if you're a crewmate, you've probably guessed that you're more unlikely to get an ability compared to an impostor in a full game of 10 players. For this reason. I think that people who use the chat actively during all kinds of meeting should have a greater chance than players who never use the chat at all, because it would make them having abilities much easier for the impostors to win. (I won't include any numbers as that could be a questonable area and would probably be changed if it gets planned anyway).
Second of all. if you're an impostor, chance doesn't really work, as you'll get an ability every time if they are voted for before the game starts (read below to know how that would work).

How are the abilities selected?
I think this can become a voting option in Among Slimes for every player who can already choose their colour, having two possible votes - "Abilities" and "No Abilities". In case of a tie, the game would start without them. But that's enough talking (for now), let's take a look at some of the ability ideas!

Impostor abilities
1 - Vent Charger
The impostor's got a new powerful tool which allows them to recharge their cooldowns while in the vents! That happens 3 times slower than usual, though. And it will be active for the entire game.

2 - Colour Changer
The impostor's got a new costume - they can now change their colour to a colour of an alive player! This visual change will only last for 10 seconds and you can still do everything an impostor can do, such as killing and venting, so make it count! To make it less overpowered though, the visual change will be removed if a meeting gets called, a body gets reported or the impostor using it enters the vents, in which case it will be removed after the venting animation finishes. In addition, it cannot be activated if there are 2 impostors and 5 or less crewmates, as well as if there is one impostor and 3 or less crewmates. It can only be used once.

Crewmate abilities
1 - Mr Security
A crewmate with this ability is allowed to check the security cameras 3 times in a game from any location on the map. Each time they choose to do so, they can watch for up to 15 seconds. If a crewmate is forced to stop watching the security cameras due to an emergency meeting/a reported body, they can still watch for as much time as they had before they got interrupted.

2 - Tracker
A crewmate with this ability can choose another player (either a crewmate or an impostor by clicking on them), which will add that player to your minimap in your off-hand for the next 30 seconds. During this time, a coloured version of a crewmate head corresponding to the colour of the player you picked will be shown on the minimap. You can pick any ALIVE player as many times as you'd like, but there's a catch - after each time you use this ability, the cooldown will get bigger and bigger, starting from 30 seconds and adding 30 seconds every time you use the ability.

New tips and achievements
In case what you've read a bit earlier in this thread gets added into the game, it will be a great opportunity to add new tips and achievements. Here are some of my ideas:
Tips: 1 - If you see someone change their colour, be careful and call a meeting!
2 - If you've got a special Crewmate ability, try to hide it - otherwise the impostors may target you!
3 - Mr Security's power might be useful, but it could also make you look suspicious - be careful when you use it!

Achievements:
1 - I love tracking! (You need to track other players using the Tracker ability 100 times to get this, medium difficulty)
2 - Vents' rechargement system (You need to have your cooldowns reset while in the vents using the Vent Charger ability 10 times, easy difficulty)
3 - Lucky Colo-change (Catch an impostor change their colour using the Colour Changer ability while using the security cameras, hard difficulty)
4 - Lucky man! (You need to have been given special abilities regardless of which team you're on 100 times, medium difficulty)
5 - Who are you? (Find the crewmate in the colour you've been given when having used the Colour Changer ability, hard difficulty)
6 - Dangerous crew! (You'll get this achievement when there are more alive crewmates with special abilities compared to crewmates without them, easy difficulty)
7 - You're not going anywhere! (For this one, you need you and another crewmate to track the same impostor at the same time using the Tracker ability, hard difficulty)

Rules changes for Among Slimes
I think the following actions should not be allowed in case this update suggestion makes it into the game:
1 - Players claiming to have an ability (doesn't matter if they actually do or not; doesn't matter if they are a crewmate or an impostor).
2 - Players treathening to target people who vote/don't vote for having/not having abilities in a game of Among Slimes.

Some final words
This is the end of the thread! I'm pretty sure I've explained everything, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! And also, feel free to leave your suggestions for correcting abilities/adding new abilities/and/or anything else to make it even more interesting! Would love to hear your thoughts about this :)

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
It sounds fun but I think it would overcomplicate the game a lot, plus I can foresee most players not understanding how it works and losing interest in the game because of that.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
It sounds fun but I think it would overcomplicate the game a lot, plus I can foresee most players not understanding how it works and losing interest in the game because of that.
That's exactly why I don't suggest it to be overwritten for every single game, but only added as a voting option. And after that, there are players who can vote for whether to have them enabled or not. And on top of all of that, what's probably gonna happen is that for the first few days most players won't know what to do with them until they eventually learn. I can also imagine that people would lose interest in the game if no new updates arrive, as for the last few months all we've got is a bunch of fixed bugs.

Reactions: Lyriie

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
It sounds alright but I think it ruin the whole game and make it easier to win which we don’t want, I think they should add something so the game gets harder.

Reactions: Lyriie

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
I can't agree or disagree, because I'm on bedrock. Sounds like a fun idea, but knowing how Among Us works, this is a slight bad idea.

Reactions: Cathie

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
It sounds alright but I think it ruin the whole game and make it easier to win which we don’t want, I think they should add something so the game gets harder.
In case you didn't understand, these abilities would be available to use for both the crewmates and the impostors. I don't understand how that would make it easier to win for either side?

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom