Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
The Replay Mod is a mod that basically records the state of the map in your game as you play. From that recording, you can review exactly everything that happened in-game.

You will notice there is a problem, which is the fact that the replay mod actually doesn't allow uploading the entire map state as a video, and you have to render a specific camera path into a video. The rendered video does not contain any name tags, which makes it difficult to confirm the identity of any player who may have been hacking.

Therefore, I am proposing that the report would not be of a rendered video from replay mod, but a screen recording of the replay mod interface, in which the player reporting will be able to go back and re-spectate the game, both in 3rd person and from the perspective of all the players, in order to identify hacks. You can even slow down the game to spectate more closely.

At the moment, I do not believe replay mod replays are allowed to be used for reporting. It would be great, however, if they were allowed.

This does not necessarily simplify reporting, it actually makes reporting players a bit more difficult. However, I would take the time to use this mod to report, just because it would actually be easier to confirm if a person is hacking due to the replay mod's features.

Reactions: Max ♠

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
As long as a mod doesn't give the player any in-game advantage(s) at all, it's allowed.
Many people I know are already using it.
Adding it to the list would probably decrease confusion and players making threads such as these.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
You can't cheat with the replay mod, so I think this should be allowed. (If it isn't already)
This is allowed, you see sometimes YouTubers that do this for an awsome video trailer! So it's allowed! ;)
I'm sorry guys but he's talking about using the Replay mod for reports so...

This could be a really nice Idea but would take out a loooot of effort from the one that's recording...
Exposing the hacker would need a normal video evidence about you playing and maybe adding the replay mod part after could be dope!
Niiice suggesetion! +1

Reactions: Max ♠

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Wouldn't this make the system of reporting more complicated? You need to upload the video to youtube in the first place and would have to record the replay mod with a third party app (Quicktime or whatever else works) and the people watching the video wouldn't have control over the speed of the video. I don't think this really helps since reporting. I think just normally recording gameplay should be enough evidence to prove if someone is hacking or not. If it isn't clear off one video then you should look to get better evidence!

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Wouldn't this make the system of reporting more complicated? You need to upload the video to youtube in the first place and would have to record the replay mod with a third party app (Quicktime or whatever else works) and the people watching the video wouldn't have control over the speed of the video. I don't think this really helps since reporting. I think just normally recording gameplay should be enough evidence to prove if someone is hacking or not. If it isn't clear off one video then you should look to get better evidence!
Nuuuuu!
Replay mod saves to your computer, you would just have to render the path showing the Hacker and then edit a Full video with the First hacker part and then the Replay mod part. It's Easy

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
He's talking about using the mod for reports
Well in that case it could actually complicate reports a bit.
Replay Mod's 'Spectator Mode' doesn't really show evidence of the server it's on. It removes the Scoreboard GUIs making it quite hard to see if the evidence is real or not.
But it can actually be quite useful as you can slow it down or speed it up to see if someone's really Hacking and not just very skilled.
I'm quite neutral on this one. I don't use the mod nor am I a staff member that does reports. So I couldn't really care if reports using the Replay Mod are accepted or not. Besides it only takes more time than simply recording -> uploading -> reporting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Wouldn't this make the system of reporting more complicated? You need to upload the video to youtube in the first place and would have to record the replay mod with a third party app (Quicktime or whatever else works)
This could be a really nice Idea but would take out a loooot of effort from the one that's recording...
Besides it only takes more time than simply recording -> uploading -> reporting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The point is not to make reporting easier. Most people wouldn't use this. Personally, some of the hackers I identify are more subtle with their hacks, and it is hard to prove it with a normal recording. Therefore, I may wish to use a normal recording and a slowed down recording afterward, using the replay mod. Spectating from the other player's perspective using the replay mod could also be used for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom