Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Not a very complicated suggestion, rn when you're banned you get this:
The log out button is usually in the your account section, which you can't reach because you're banned (The video is recorded on mobile but it's the same on pc). Not being able to log out causes you to not be able to read the rules, access the voting site, read threads, etc. The only way to fix it is by clearing your CubeCraft cookies which not everyone will know or know how to do. So just allow ppl to log out from the forums in some way pls

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
The log out button is usually in the your account section, which you can't reach because you're banned (The video is recorded on mobile but it's the same on pc). Not being able to log out causes you to not be able to read the rules, access the voting site, read threads, etc. The only way to fix it is by clearing your CubeCraft cookies which not everyone will know or know how to do. So just allow ppl to log out from the forums in some way pls
Why do you want to log out?

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Why do you want to log out?
He want to log out so he can read the rules back.

In my opinion I would leave it as is, if you are banned, you shouldnt have the option to see anything related to the server.

When you are banned from the network, you do not have access to anything, you cannot open cubelets, you cannot see people play, the same would apply to the forum, it would be useless to give those accesses to people being banned.

In case you are still interested in seeing the rules, as simple as cleaning the caches, or starting a hidden navigation to the link of the rules and you can read them.

Last edited:

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
He want to log out so he can read the rules back.

In my opinion I would leave it as is, if you are banned, you shouldnt have the option to see anything related to the server.

In case you are still interested in seeing them, as simple as clearing the caches, or starting a hidden navigation to the link of the rules and you can read them.
being banned is meant for not allowing you to post why should you not be allowed to see stuff?

also for your 'solution', do you really think that's the most practical way of doing it? and do you really think everyone will know about that/will know how to do it?

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
being banned is meant for not allowing you to post why should you not be allowed to see stuff?
When you are banned from the network, are you able to join to the server and at least open cubelets and things like that? there you have the answer

also for your 'solution', do you really think that's the most practical way of doing it? and do you really think everyone will know about that/will know how to do it?
Its not a solution, you should not have access to anything related to the server if you are banned with that user.
As I have already mentioned, if you are still interested you can do that.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
When you are banned from the network, are you able to join to the server and at least open cubelets and things like that? there you have the answer
what you're saying now is more comparable to "if you're muted you shouldn't be allowed to open cubelets and stuff", being banned from the forums is more similar to being muted in game than to being banned in game
with that user
bypassing? 🥶

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
what you're saying now is more comparable to "if you're muted you shouldn't be allowed to open cubelets and stuff", being banned from the forums is more similar to being muted in game than to being banned in game
No one is talking about mutes, we are talking about bans, the same rules should apply to both sides.

If you are banned from the forum you shouldnt have access to anything related to the server, the same happens in the server
is more comparable to "if you're muted you shouldn't be allowed to open cubelets and stuff"
This doesn't make any sense.
Allowing the access that you are saying would not help at all.

• Disagree
Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
It does though. Just think about it, on the server if you say something bad you get muted. If you do something bad that you can still do with a mute, you get banned. On the forums, the only thing you can do wrong is say stuff (you can’t cheat or team or whatever) - which you’d get a mute for on the server. Therefore it makes more sense to compare a forums ban to an in game mute, it’s just called a ban on the forums when what it’s used for is the same as a mute in game.

Now if we compare forums bans with in game mutes, do you still think it makes sense to not allow people to read stuff? And even if you don’t agree on that, certainly you’d want people to be able to read the rules right? You can’t really ban someone on discord/in game for something they literally cannot know, as they can’t read the rules, right?

• Agree
Reactions: ssf2_god

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
I agree, I wasn't able to make alt accounts or even log to my alt account when banned and it's very annoying. The only way I could log in to another account after getting banned is by using incognito mode but I don't think I'm allowed to use incognito mode ever again due to some issues I cannot explain.

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Bro yeah I can relate I got banned and couldn’t even vote lol it was scuffed I also can’t view my conversations to see what I was banned for

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Bro yeah I can relate I got banned and couldn’t even vote lol it was scuffed I also can’t view my conversations to see what I was banned for
When banned, they don't even tell why you're banned, they just say "you're banned because: rules violation" and just that. Obviously CubeCraft forum bans are handled poorly and unprofessionally.

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
When banned, they don't even tell why you're banned, they just say "you're banned because: rules violation" and just that. Obviously CubeCraft forum bans are handled poorly and unprofessionally.
I know right then I had to go to the discord to find out who banned me and then the ban reason and then appealed there (got denied, of course)

No one is talking about mutes, we are talking about bans, the same rules should apply to both sides.

If you are banned from the forum you shouldnt have access to anything related to the server, the same happens in the server

Allowing the access that you are saying would not help at all.
This isn’t correct. Getting banned on the forums is supposed to be like getting muted from the server, because in both ways, you’re getting punished by chatting a certain why that is against the rules. Getting banned from the server on the other hand is like cheating which is a LOT different than a forums ban.

Just don't get banned 👀
😦😠

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
This isn’t correct. Getting banned on the forums is supposed to be like getting muted from the server, because in both ways, you’re getting punished by chatting a certain why that is against the rules. Getting banned from the server on the other hand is like cheating which is a LOT different than a forums ban.
Being banned from the forums means not being able to interact with the things on the forum, exactly the same when you are banned from the server.

If we talk about being muted on the server you can continue interacting on the server such as playing, therefore comparing what you are comparing does not make sense.

When you are banned you should not be able to interact anywhere, neither on the server nor in the forum, As I mentioned before, its completely useless to show the rules to a person who is banned from the forums.

Would it make sense to let people banned from the server join a private lobby so that there they can read the rules with a book and vote?

- that's basically this suggestion, but instead of on the server in the forum

It wouldnt have use that makes it necessary. I think its quite simple to understand

Last edited:
Reactions: Silco

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Being banned from the forums means not being able to interact with the things on the forum, exactly the same when you are banned from the server.

If we talk about being muted on the server you can continue interacting on the server such as playing, therefore comparing you are comparing does not make sense.

When you are banned you should not be able to interact anywhere, neither on the server nor in the forum, As I mentioned before, its completely useless to show the rules to a person who is banned from the forums.

Would it make sense to let people banned from the server join a private lobby so that there they can read the rules with a book and vote?

- that's basically this suggestion, but instead of on the server in the forum

It wouldnt have use that makes it necessary. I think its quite simple to understand
It's very different. You shouldn't be able to interact with the forums sure, but logging out, reading posts, reading rules, that isn't interacting with anyone. You're interacting with your own account.

Now I've never been banned on the forums, so I don't know what it looks like, but not even being able to read things is unecessary.

I see where you're coming from but it's still different, as there are no 'private lobby's' on either the server nor the forums. You can get banned for stuff other than just interacting with players ofcourse, but most bans are due to hacking and misbehaving, both of which affect other players. If there were private lobby's, I don't see what the problem would be allowing banned people to come visit, read the rules, and vote, as you're not interacting with anyone.

Ofcourse the story is different for stuff like DDOSsing, because that affects the entire server, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

I like comparing platforms to other platforms, so that's what I'm going to do. On Reddit, you can get banned from subreddits. You won't be able to interact with said subreddit, you can only see posts and upvote them. You're basically blocked from doing any harm, since all the harm you CAN do is posting comments, that's the case with most forums. But since you can't comment anymore, this 'ban/mute' is more than enough to deter people from misbehaving.
1639994272926.png

This is much more thought out and makes much more sense, and it should be the case here aswell.
Imagine being banned tho, crazy. You should live your life from now on reflecting on yourself
What does this have to do with the suggestion.

Reactions: xHappyMood

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
It's very different. You shouldn't be able to interact with the forums sure, but logging out, reading posts, reading rules, that isn't interacting with anyone. You're interacting with your own account.

Now I've never been banned on the forums, so I don't know what it looks like, but not even being able to read things is unecessary.

I see where you're coming from but it's still different, as there are no 'private lobby's' on either the server nor the forums. You can get banned for stuff other than just interacting with players ofcourse, but most bans are due to hacking and misbehaving, both of which affect other players. If there were private lobby's, I don't see what the problem would be allowing banned people to come visit, read the rules, and vote, as you're not interacting with anyone.

Ofcourse the story is different for stuff like DDOSsing, because that affects the entire server, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

I like comparing platforms to other platforms, so that's what I'm going to do. On Reddit, you can get banned from subreddits. You won't be able to interact with said subreddit, you can only see posts and upvote them. You're basically blocked from doing any harm, since all the harm you CAN do is posting comments, that's the case with most forums. But since you can't comment anymore, this 'ban/mute' is more than enough to deter people from misbehaving.
View attachment 205092
This is much more thought out and makes much more sense, and it should be the case here aswell.

What does this have to do with the suggestion.
It was a joke, why would you live your live reflecting on a Minecraft servers forum ban 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom