Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this feature of Mini Map could be allowed? (Show teamate only)

• Total voters

TwinShards

Jan 3, 2017
Quebec → Montreal
So i'm here to ask if there was a possibility to allow in the mods list the use of players entities on their map...

There is some Mini Map mods that allow you to show only your teammate or ALL player in a game.

Of course, All player will always stay Non-allowed, but i was perplex if it was possible to use the feature of certain Mini Maps that allow you to have only your teammate on the map. You would gain no PvP advantage or pvp tactic with this feature allowed.

Here is an example of what i'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/RHOR05wbbvw

Has you see in the video, only my teammate are visible in the game, my enemies are hidden from my view in the video. And if i would go in a Solo game, all player would be invisible to me.
------------------------------------ write Meow in your comment if you have read the thread

On my mind, i feel this should be allowed but, clearly state in the allowed mod list, something like this could be write: «only your teammate are allowed to be show, if you are miss understanding this, we highly suggest you ask a staff about this or to not have any player entities able.»

Note: I will not use this feature anymore utile it's allowed of course. If it will not be, then i'll not use this feature.

This video was made only to show what it does, No newbs and no innocent were hurt in the making of this video :P

Please, leave a comment if you agree/disagree, so the thread will stay alive at the top.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The main reason why I don't like this idea is because it can be quite difficult to see the difference when doing reports. Mainly screenshots.
You could for example make your screenshot while looking at the ground or at the sky. Which makes it difficult to check if you have your minimap on "Only Teammates".
Besides you could still see where some enemies are if they're fighting your teammates.

Last edited:

TwinShards

Jan 3, 2017
Quebec → Montreal
I think allowing player entities will give people using mods too big of an advantage towards regular players. Utility mods like 5zig or Optifine are in my opinion small additions that don't affect the general flow of the game.
What didn't you read... I clearly said to allow to show teamate ONLY...
quote: Of course, All player will always stay Non-allowed
quote: NAME OF THREAD:
Allow Mini Map users to use Teammate player entities
What don't you understand in this... I never said to be able to show everyone. Of course this would give unfair advantage...

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
As neat as it would be, you really need to trust the players to use the team viewing alone. This team filter might not even work on games like solo Skywars & SG (no actual teams), so still resulting in an unfair advantage. Like Dotsy said, you could also technically see where the enemy is if they're fighting another.
I believe it's a better call to leave the map rules as is.

What didn't you read... I clearly said to allow to show teamate ONLY...
quote: Of course, All player will always stay Non-allowed
quote: NAME OF THREAD:
Allow Mini Map users to use Teammate player entities
What don't you understand in this... I never said to be able to show everyone. Of course this would give unfair advantage...

Showing teammate player entities (any entities) reveals a lot of action on the map in my opinion. Its basically giving information only mini map users can see.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

TwinShards

Jan 3, 2017
Quebec → Montreal
As neat as it would be, you really need to trust the players to use the team viewing alone. This team filter might not even work on games like solo Skywars & SG (no actual teams), so still resulting in an unfair advantage. Like Dotsy said, you could also technically see where the enemy is if they're fighting another.
I believe it's a better call to leave the map rules as is.
You're right, "This team filter might not... & SG" But i can simply disable it when i play in solo games.
This map refer the teams with name color. So if i'm in a team game, my team look green and enemies look red. Only my team is visible. But in solo games we all have the same color name (Yellow / Dark Grey) That is at this moment i would disable it.

You're right, "This team filter might not... & SG" But i can simply disable it when i play in solo games.
This map refer the teams with name color. So if i'm in a team game, my team look green and enemies look red. Only my team is visible. But in solo games we all have the same color name (Yellow / Dark Grey) That is at this moment i would disable it.
To be honest now that I think about it this could encourage team play. The only problem there is that not everybody uses a mini map which could result in a very coordinated team playing against a team that is not coordinated at all. The idea and thought about it is really good, but I do not think this would work out in reality.

Reactions: TwinShards

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
The use of minimaps showing the locations of players will get you banned, I recommend map-writer or Reis Minimap.
no there are 2 versions. 1 that shows players+entities and 1 that dont (called safe pvp version or someting) and dont worry i downloaded the safe version you can screen share me or something :)

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
I actually have a mod that has a minimap, but don't even use it. I don't see the need of it, just shows your teammate, 10-20 blocks away.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Using mini-maps will be a bit overpowered since you can find your way around a new map or it might go wrong and show the enemy players. - 1 support im afraid

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Halloween Zoomed.png

I miss spooky season :(
S4nne wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Eli! 🎈
BicolourSine41 wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Top Bottom