Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
Hello,
I understand why labymod reports being denied, labymod users can change other player nicknames, and in that way, you can fake the evidence. Personally I'm a labymod user, but I never used that feature, and I might be wrong or don't know how it fully works, but in duels, you can see the scoreboard, and I don't think if you change a nickname it will be changed in the scoreboard, some of my reports with labymod was denied and some wasn't. My question and suggestion is, does nickname change appears in scoreboard too? If it's not why not allowing reports for labymod users if it's a duel game?

My resend report evidence.

Captures.PNG

Capture.PNG

*Edit: Here's a recording of me changing nickname in action, you still can see the real nickname in the scoreboard.*

Capture.PNG

Capturedd.PNG

*You can't trust chat*
Capturess.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
I don’t think they will change it. Over all labymod reports won’t get accepted and I don’t think they will make a exception for duels even if you can see there Name on the leaderboard.

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
I don’t think they will change it. Over all labymod reports won’t get accepted and I don’t think they will make a exception for duels even if you can see there Name on the leaderboard.
I'm just trying to convince them otherwise, since some of the mod's did accept my reports and hackers got banned.

Reactions: Conea64 and Skqrrt

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm suggesting to allow reports only for duel games, because only in duels you can see the real players nickname in scoreboard. I'm not suggesting to allow chat reports in duels, since that could be edited too.
I think it would be complicated, since they would have to create another separate section within the reports.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I get your point and at first it seems like something to agree on, but you have to understand that staff members are going through a lot of reports after eachother as fast as possible. It seems like no big deal to check the scoreboard everytime, but this also takes extra effort. Same goes for showing your empty nicknames tab. Some people will be really slow with this. If a moderator has to check that each time it will get very annoying and it takes a lot of time. Therefore it's just the easiest to not accept Labymod reports. If you really want to report you should just switch back to optifine or another client.

• Haha
Reactions: Conea64 and Josher

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
This is something to most certainly agree on! Laby mod reports should be accepted as long as the video shows something that indicates the players real name!
Since this could be a big change to the report system and the amount of rule breakers that would get punished I'm going to escalate this!

Escalated!

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
I think it would be complicated, since they would have to create another separate section within the reports.

They don't need to add any extra sections in reports, most of the time mod's deny reports just because they see a sign of labymod, even tho there is a proof for a real name like a scoreboard, they will deny it anyway just because it's a rule for them to deny the report. They don't want extra trouble for them selfs.

I get your point and at first it seems like something to agree on, but you have to understand that staff members are going through a lot of reports after eachother as fast as possible. It seems like no big deal to check the scoreboard everytime, but this also takes extra effort. Same goes for showing your empty nicknames tab. Some people will be really slow with this. If a moderator has to check that each time it will get very annoying and it takes a lot of time. Therefore it's just the easiest to not accept Labymod reports. If you really want to report you should just switch back to optifine or another client.

They always take effort to inspect every detail, for example in my video, there is no clear sight of labymod except left corner where you can see all the info like fps, date and so on, it's not a clear sight of labymod because a lot of mods has that, only the style of that hud gave it away, so I'm sure Dutudy took the effort to find out. About playing with the different version, well people use labymod for a reason, they like it, and they want to play with it, you never know when you will meet a hacker, so you're basiclly asking us to forget about labymod and play on vanilla Minecraft full time.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
With all due respect, but just checking the scoreboard in a Duels video really takes no time at all. Claiming that moving your eyeball just a tad more to the right of the screen requires extra effort honestly makes no sense... The scoreboard feature is something server-sided so it should always display your opponent's actual username. Nickname tabs on the other hand, are something client-sided, meaning people with malicious intent are able to edit it. That's probably the main reason as to why LabyMod reports showing an empty nickname tab still get rejected.

Reports for inappropriate usernames/ skins will get accepted regardless of whether LabyMod was being used or not. Simply because staff members can validate the offence by going to the rule breaker's NameMC profile.
So I wouldn't see why they'd keep on denying Duel reports made using LabyMod if there's a way to verify the legitimacy of the filed report...

Last edited:
Reactions: Skqrrt and Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
They always take effort to inspect every detail, for example in my video, there is no clear sight of labymod except left corner where you can see all the info like fps, date and so on, it's not a clear sight of labymod because a lot of mods has that, only the style of that hud gave it away, so I'm sure Dutudy took the effort to find out. About playing with the different version, well people use labymod for a reason, they like it, and they want to play with it, you never know when you will meet a hacker, so you're basiclly asking us to forget about labymod and play on vanilla Minecraft.
Yeah I think my answer was a bit stupid. The scoreboard is pretty easy to see and visible all the time.

However, what I don't like about it is that it's only possible in duels. So then they'd only allow Labymod reports in duels. This will be pretty confusing I think.

Also I agree that Labymod is a great mod and I understand that a lot of people use it, but it's just not a good idea to accept reports made with it because of the nickname feature. If there was someway to quickly spot the real username in every gamemode, like the scoreboard in duels, that would be great, but there just isn't.
You could force players to always show their tags page when reporting with Laby, but this also won't work as some people will be slow with it or are recording in the heat of the moment which doesn't give them time to quickly open the tags page.

It's unfortunate that reports made with this awesome mod can not be accepted as of currently, but I don't think this is the best solution.

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
Yeah I think my answer was a bit stupid. The scoreboard is pretty easy to see and visible all the time.

However, what I don't like about it is that it's only possible in duels. So then they'd only allow Labymod reports in duels. This will be pretty confusing I think.

Also I agree that Labymod is a great mod and I understand that a lot of people use it, but it's just not a good idea to accept reports made with it because of the nickname feature. If there was someway to quickly spot the real username in every gamemode, like the scoreboard in duels, that would be great, but there just isn't.
You could force players to always show their tags page when reporting with Laby, but this also won't work as some people will be slow with it or are recording in the heat of the moment which doesn't give them time to quickly open the tags page.

It's unfortunate that reports made with this awesome mod can not be accepted as of currently, but I don't think this is the best solution.

They only need to change https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/using-labymod-read-this-before-reporting.78406/ thread, and I'm sure they will make it cleaner and it won't confuse anybody, there's nothing I or others can suggest better for other games, I only see duels as only game for that... It's not a solution, it's an opportunity for more hackers to be banned.

Reactions: Maaarijn and Josher

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
The scoreboard is a strong proof, you can't fake it, and look, just because of the fact that I used labymod that time "Dutudy" denied my report and the hacker still can join a server and go bhop on players.

Capture.PNG

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
That only works for duels, for skywars you couldn't.

That's the point of the thread? It's literally in the title....

With all due respect, but just checking the scoreboard in a Duels video really takes no time at all. Claiming that moving your eyeball just a tad more to the right of the screen requires extra effort honestly makes no sense... The scoreboard feature is something server-sided so it should always display your opponent's actual username. Nickname tabs on the other hand are something client-sided, meaning people with malicious intent are able to edit it. That's probably the main reason as to why LabyMod reports showing an empty nickname tab still get rejected.

Reports for inappropriate usernames/ skins will get accepted regardless of whether LabyMod was being used or not. Simply because staff members can validate the offense by going to the rule breaker's NameMC profile.
So I wouldn't see why they'd keep on denying Duel reports made using LabyMod if there's a way to verify the legitimacy of the filed report...

The only solution I can think of for all games to be reportable for labymod users is in this thread I made https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/boss-bar-health-indicator.263327/

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve taken this to the staff team, and we’re sorry to say that this will not be implemented as it wouldn’t be impossible to still fake it. As for this, we cannot allowed Labymod reports until we the correct and appropriate tools to prove that a piece of evidence is legit

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
I’ve taken this to the staff team, and we’re sorry to say that this will not be implemented as it wouldn’t be impossible to still fake it. As for this, we cannot allowed Labymod reports until we the correct and appropriate tools to prove that a piece of evidence is legit

Sorry, what? You mean you still can fake it? And how can you fake it with labymod? If you can fake it then it's out side labymod (With ofter mods)

Reactions: Josher

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
If there is a mod that can do that, then there is no way telling it's legit at all, it will look like vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom