Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should a locked normal sign be added for 18+ player maps?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Yes, but do it with all maps!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Yes, Teaparty + Mushrooms Only

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Now I know you're all going to say "Ranks would feel scammed -1 Just get a rank". Don't even try with that.

I'm an emerald rank. You're probably why the heck I'm suggesting this. It's because well... on big maps it's close to impossible to get normal mode without a group of ranks that vote normal.

I've tried teaparty roughly 15 times. Only once was I actually able to get normal on it. Mushrooms was a bit better, but still has similar problems.

So here's the suggestion. Add 2 signs at the top of the eggwars team board that will always be normal normal no matter what. However, these maps will only rotate between maps with 18+ players.

Not to mention, the hardest maps to get normal on, are in my opinion, the worst maps for OP. Teaparty being on OP mode just kind of messes up the entire concept of the map - it's supposed to be a brawl at middle for control - not grab a few diamonds without risk and base camp (it's better than mid camping but teaparty is one of the originals and it's kind of built for this). Mushrooms is also meant to be a more rush friendly 5 player map, but mid camping kind. of negates this. OP, in my opinion, is much better on smaller, more compact maps like tropical or forest as you can still rush without needing to collect stuff from mid. Remember to vote in the poll!
@Gainfullterror @KronosReeper @TheJeroen

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
I thought 18+ maps were mature themed. Lol.
Anyway i agree i dont wanna play overpowered mode on teaparty - why i avoid it completely. I mau have seen you 30 miniutes ago but u were afk

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Sure, it's annoying when you get outvoted, but that's a part of the game in my opinion.
You shouldn't really be able to 100% get the outcome you want every single time (in my opinion, obviously not a fact), when it comes to having normal, OP or hardcore. It kind of defeats the purpose of getting a rank if you ONLY play those types of maps. And to be honest, I don't think a lot of players would join those, as majority of the players enjoy OP mode.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Honestly this is the most sensible such post I've seen. Usually it's just someone whining and moaning about someone voting for something they don't like, and the 2 signs with oly normal mode seems like a good idea tbh.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Sure, it's annoying when you get outvoted, but that's a part of the game in my opinion.
You shouldn't really be able to 100% get the outcome you want every single time (in my opinion, obviously not a fact), when it comes to having normal, OP or hardcore. It kind of defeats the purpose of getting a rank if you ONLY play those types of maps. And to be honest, I don't think a lot of players would join those, as majority of the players enjoy OP mode.
Teaparty and mushrooms are extremely hard to get normal on though. I really don't care about the other maps to be honest

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I would like to vote yes but i do not have a rank myself and i know how you feel but it comes down to the fact that it would be highly unfair for ranked players and i personally think cube won't add this as some people love those maps and giving the availability for people to just choose normal on a sign would defeat the purpose of ranks in eggwars on those maps, sorry but -1 from me, good luck on your suggestion though

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I would like to vote yes but i do not have a rank myself and i know how you feel but it comes down to the fact that it would be highly unfair for ranked players and i personally think cube won't add this as some people love those maps and giving the availability for people to just choose normal on a sign would defeat the purpose of ranks in eggwars on those maps, sorry but -1 from me, good luck on your suggestion though
How would it defeat the purpose of ranks? I'm an emerald and I see absolutely no problem with adding this. I'm also leaning toward just adding this on two maps - pretty much nothing. And how in the world does it make people like a map less?

Reactions: Hypixel Network

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
keep
How would it defeat the purpose of ranks? I'm an emerald and I see absolutely no problem with adding this. I'm also leaning toward just adding this on two maps - pretty much nothing. And how in the world does it make people like a map less?
in mind, the 2 maps you are leaning against is a possible favorite map for other Emerald ranks or gold + ranks but now every game they can't choose their favorite game mode op and end up stuck with normal. because everyone has the ability to choose lock normal now.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
keep

in mind, the 2 maps you are leaning against is a possible favorite map for other Emerald ranks or gold + ranks but now every game they can't choose their favorite game mode op and end up stuck with normal. because everyone has the ability to choose lock normal now.
He's not saying that those are completely removed from the NORMAL board, hes suggesting that they add a separate board with those maps where people can't vote. If someone wants to vote OP on that, they can simply just go to the NORMAL board to do so.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I think this could be a great idea and is useful for all games.
Maybe I really want to play basic in Survival games, but I never get the chance to do so and this would totally fix that problem.
Sounds good to me, so yea, I agree!

Marijee

Feb 17, 2016
I really like that idea. Most of the time there's no chance for playing in normal mode,
especially at the bigger maps such as (my favourite) teaparty:(.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
He's not saying that those are completely removed from the NORMAL board, hes suggesting that they add a separate board with those maps where people can't vote. If someone wants to vote OP on that, they can simply just go to the NORMAL board to do so.
But then a lot of people will only go to the normal locked mode.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
But then a lot of people will only go to the normal locked mode.
Depends on what the average player wants.
Usually, I expect the average player to prefer OP over anything else. This gives them no reason to go to that board.
Also, it's only 2 maps that they have on that board. having "all" players go there is a big exaggeration.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Top Bottom