Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Would it be possible/useful to add regional domains like uk.cubecraft.net and us.cubecraft.net to force connecting to a bungee server in that region regardless of location? The behaviour of play.cubecraft.net would not be affected by those.

Also, would you mind explaining how the current system works? Mainly because I am interested, but also because it would help understand connection issues. What are the DNS policies for play.cubecraft.net? From my understanding, there are bungee servers in the UK and in the US, but how do those players play together on the same game servers? Are local servers preferred in random games but overridden by parties/duel challenges?

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Neat, I don't know if those existed last week (probably, but why didn't they tell us?) but there are play-eu.cubecraft.net and play-us.cubecraft.net now.

But how does that work? Where are the game servers? If someone is in east asia or south america and playing on a european game server while connect to the north american bungee because it's closer, will their connection get considerably worse? Is there an algorithm that tries to put players in games hosted at their bungees? I've joined a random skywars game with one account via play-us and another via play-eu and they ended up in the same game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chum Chum and Miauw

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
But how does that work? Where are the game servers? If someone is in east asia or south america and playing on a european game server while connect to the north american bungee because it's closer, will their connection get considerably worse? Is there an algorithm that tries to put players in games hosted at their bungees? I've joined a random skywars game with one account via play-us and another via play-eu and they ended up in the same game.
My guess would be that the server in the domain simply creates some sort of fastlane to the actual host in France. Via some kind of intranet concept?

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
One in UK and other in mexico are enougth.
But some countrys in Asia are very far.
Why no in China, India or Rusia.
Same with Australia and Africa

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
My guess would be that the server in the domain simply creates some sort of fastlane to the actual host in France. Via some kind of intranet concept?
That sounds extremely expensive and interesting. If they did that, wouldn't they want everyone to know about it?

Reactions: Miauw

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Would it be possible/useful to add regional domains like uk.cubecraft.net and us.cubecraft.net to force connecting to a bungee server in that region regardless of location? The behaviour of play.cubecraft.net would not be affected by those.

Also, would you mind explaining how the current system works? Mainly because I am interested, but also because it would help understand connection issues. What are the DNS policies for play.cubecraft.net? From my understanding, there are bungee servers in the UK and in the US, but how do those players play together on the same game servers? Are local servers preferred in random games but overridden by parties/duel challenges?
I totally agree with adding the region in the US. This could improve the connections of people and reduce the problem of "LAG" of some people, in addition people could improve their Ms and implement their level of play.

Abodz

May 14, 2018
The host will be same location, ur lag/ping will still same.

Explain:
Domain Name Service (DNS) of CubeCraft is CubeCraft.net . There's something called Record which you can make custom names with it, Example
Custom Record Name.Domain Name. Depends on DNS you bought which is .net in CC
Ok and the real IP of the server is numbers so they will but this number in new record and they will do the name
Custom Name: Play
Domain name: CubeCraft.net
IP: I don't know
Port: I don't know in this case
So if they make
Custom name: us
DN: CubeCraft.net
IP: Idk
Nothing will be change cuz they will need to buy new host and copy files.

At the end adding more domain records won't help changing your ping or hosting location.

~Abod

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
The host will be same location, ur lag/ping will still same.

Explain:
Domain Name Service (DNS) of CubeCraft is CubeCraft.net . There's something called Record which you can make custom names with it, Example
Custom Record Name.Domain Name. Depends on DNS you bought which is .net in CC
Ok and the real IP of the server is numbers so they will but this number in new record and they will do the name
Custom Name: Play
Domain name: CubeCraft.net
IP: I don't know
Port: I don't know in this case
So if they make
Custom name: us
DN: CubeCraft.net
IP: Idk
Nothing will be change cuz they will need to buy new host and copy files.

At the end adding more domain records won't help changing your ping or hosting location.

~Abod
They already have multiple hosts. And they also have the regional domains, I just didn't know that when I made the thread.
From what I understand, the dns servers will resolve play.cubecraft.net either as "cname play-eu.cubecraft.net" or "cname play-us.cubecraft.net" depending on where the dns server thinks the user is located. That system can sometimes be wrong, so to be sure I'd rather use play-eu.cubecraft.net directly.

BUT I still don't really get what the point of those is. I just know that connecting to the us bungee from here is bad. It would be interesting to know how the game servers are connected to the bungee servers.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom