Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukezee

Sep 2, 2021
When trying to report someone using the /sr command there are limited options, and those are only some of the hacking options. You should add an "Other" Option to the /sr Command so that people on Xbox can report cross teamers or other types of hacks. People would use the "Other" option and enter the hack/rule that they are breaking, and the players name. Someone else all ready suggested adding the option to type out the name, and you should do this. Thanks.

TenCookies

Novice Member
Feb 6, 2021
Jerusalem
The problem with this suggestion is that usually, players don't team for two games in a row*.
For an /sr report to be forwarded to a staff member it requires a noticeable amount of reports, this means that by the time a moderator gets alerted, the game with the teamers would probably have already ended and therefore the report is a waste of the mod's time.
Additionally, most times there won't even be enough reports in a single game for it to be forwarded (This is just an assumption, we don't actually know the number of sr reports required for a staff member to be alerted) and as I've said before, players don't usually team for two games in a row meaning the report would probably expire untill they team again.

This is not the case with blatant hackers as they don't usually stop hacking after a game (unless they are super smart and can guess when they are being watched by counting the number of volunteer staff online and assuming how many players have already reported them, but that's just a wild thought though haha)

You also suggested an option to type out the name of the rule the player is breaking. In my opinion this will create complete chaos as there will be a huge amount of troll reports and unclear reports such as different languages, spelling mistakes and unknown cheats.

To conclude, I think the sr system is great as it is and adding a teaming option and/or an 'other' option will waste the mods time and disrupt the order of the current system.

*This is because usually teamers find their teammate on the spot and for a teaming to happen there has to be two players willing to team with eachother which is not as common as it seems, and that happening for multiple games in a row can be very rare.
The exception is with irl/online friends who will probably team for more than one game.

p.s.
I'm playing on the Java edition network so if some of the things I said are not correct in Bedrock let me know (or if there are any mistakes at all).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Matriox
Jul 20, 2021
Outside of Nowhere
I don't wanna read cookies' essay(No offense) but I think that the other option would be a great addition to the sentinel system, or they should at least give us more options like as you said, cross teaming, and scaffold. Sorry cookies.

• Sad
Reactions: TenCookies
Jul 20, 2021
Outside of Nowhere
I finally took the time to read cookie's essay, your welcome cookie. But when teamers do team, you are right, they do find their teammate on the spot, but for Xbox, this can tend to be because of friend past relations, or if not, they do become friends. I've met a few teamers in my past few hundred games, and I'm sad that I can't use the broken sentinel system to report them. But I do sometimes end up contacting them and possibly either changing their mind or threaten them with a report, which then changes their mind.

• Unsure
Reactions: TenCookies

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a different idea. Add every rule from sections 1 and 2 of the Rules page. Then it'll be easier to report someone without having to wait for Capitan to come online. I know this from experience.

I used the scratch.mit.edu Contact Us feature back in April, and I got a response telling me to wait until May. In May, I sent the Scratch Team another message. I stopped getting emails from them since. And I thought Scratch was a kids programming language with a friendly community and helpful team that are always online. And the worst part is, you can't see whether a Scratch Team member is online (quite the contrary, it's rejected) and it doesn't have a notifications feature either so you can't ping people like in Discord (quite the contrary, Discord is a banned website on Scratch) even if there are browser extensions like Scratch Addons with a notifier, but the Scratch Team members don't use browser extensions (quite the contrary, you can't advertise them or even mention their names on the website).

Reactions: Silco
Jul 20, 2021
Outside of Nowhere
the reply button exists you know
Ah ender, I see you are a fellow YouTuber, only your content is longer and a different topic within the topic of Minecraft. Yes, I know there is a reply button, I use when I talk directly to someone, not in that case but this one. Well, from one small YouTuber to another, good luck, I understand how hard it is, only I started 2 days ago.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah ender, I see you are a fellow YouTuber, only your content is longer and a different topic within the topic of Minecraft. Yes, I know there is a reply button, I use when I talk directly to someone, not in that case but this one. Well, from one small YouTuber to another, good luck, I understand how hard it is, only I started 2 days ago.
If you're a YouTuber, where do you link your channel?

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Simply put, this suggestion would be way to much of a hassle for everyone involved.

For players, having many options for sentinel reports can be quite overwhelming, especially when they are presented in scrolling menu where only 5 or so options can be seen at once. Keep in mind that /sr only works if the player is in your game, so it is not in the interest of players to make the process of submitting one even longer and more complex.

On the staff side, it just seems unnecessary. As mentioned, people who break rules (aside from cheating) rarely do so for a substantial amount of time, and this would just lead to a flood of reports which end up going nowhere since the behavior can't be verified by staff. A while ago, "reach" was removed from java /report due to a high amount of reports which did not result in a punishment, and I'm sure something similar would end up happening here.

As for your issue playing on Xbox, you should be able to record video which you can access at gamerdvr.com and submit those links in reports on the subforum.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a different idea. Add every rule from sections 1 and 2 of the Rules page. Then it'll be easier to report someone without having to wait for Capitan to come online. I know this from experience.
why would you have to wait for capitan to come online to see a report?

as well as that how can you /sr for a chat related offence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
Top Bottom