Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want Comic Sans as part of the forums font list?

• Yes, I want it for the memes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's not a good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • haha, sans undertale

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Disclaimer: this suggestion is probably not worth implemented and probably will become a meme or something, but it might be useful for people who, well, want to use a more unique font for their posts. Also, I know I've made two really long suggestions already today, but just wanted to get these few suggestions out there.

There's a whole lot of fonts we can choose from while messing around being productive on the forums, which basically give your messages a nice personal touch. You can choose from this more monospaced font,or maybe this fancy font, or maybe you're a bit too lazy and just stick with the default font. Basically, fonts are what define what you write, and help contribute to the feeling/atmosphere that you want people to associate to what you've written. Compare these two exact same lines of text for example: one seems a bit more "serious looking" than the other one (or maybe it's just me)...

Memes are important

Memes are important

A rather infamous font would be Comic Sans, which doesn't really have a serious tone, but rather the opposite: it's all rounded and rather simple. It's also associated with that trombone-playing meme-loving skeleton, Sans, from undertale, so it could also be used just for the memes.

Comic Sans is such an irregular font, so much that it stands out from the normal, every-day fonts that you would normally see on the forums and even on the internet, giving it a more unique font that most others. Comic Sans also gives your text more of a lighter tone, which could fit in certain situations unlike the other fonts on the font list.

Reading off of Wikipedia (it has some rather useful information on Comic Sans, so why not), "[the comic sans font]...is a non-connecting script inspired by comic book lettering, intended for use in informal documents and children's materials." A lot of the forums is for informal writing/just chat in general, so this font would fit in relatively well.

The font's more of a joke font than an actually "professional" font, and many memes (well, I might just be oblivious to the meme world, and maybe there isn't widespread use of comic sans in memes...) have used the font since it gives off an informal, carefree feeling (memes are basically funny jokes)

This might also open up the opportunity for other fonts to be introduced to the forums, giving people even more flexibility/choice with what fonts to use in forum posts.

then again, all these reasons might be redundant and maybe nobody uses fonts in forum posts anymore, and it probably isn't possible to add new fonts... and maybe I'm just doing this because I want to use comic sans in all my forum posts

Hey, thanks for reading what is basically now a mini-essay on the great font that is Comic Sans! Put anything you want in the comments, I might read them...

Credits:

Me (yep, I am probably the only person in existence who would write a really long essay on why a singular font should get added to the forums)

Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Sans)

Everyone who has read this overly-complicated essay (thanks)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom