• Poll closed .

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him
Offline Mails
In my opinion, it is a way to interact with your friends when they are offline or not available on the server in any individual cost.​
When they primarily get online (on the server), they will see a mail from their friend to tell them something when they get back on the server.

For example:
Offline mails (1/2):
Hi! Do you want to play a game with me when you're back online if so message me back!

Type "command..." to send a message back

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Like @Megaaa said, you can use Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, or whatever communication app you would prefer to contact your friends. You could advise them to download it if they don't already have it. As lots of gamers nowadays use such apps, adding this in-game really wouldn't be necessary.

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him
Like @Megaaa said, you can use Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, or whatever communication app you would prefer to contact your friends. You could advise them to download it if they don't already have it. As lots of gamers nowadays use such apps, adding this in-game really wouldn't be necessary.
They're also young kids that are not in the age of 13.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
They're also young kids that are not in the age of 13.
You don't have to be 13 or older to use those apps. I know various people who are younger than 13 and use Discord. I'm pretty sure that most children just ignore the message saying you need to be 13+ in order to register. Otherwise, they also wouldn't be able to play on CubeCraft. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyhow, they can just ask their parents or guardian for confirmation.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him
You don't have to be 13 or older to use those apps. I know various people who are younger than 13 and use Discord. I'm pretty sure that most children just ignore the message saying you need to be 13+ in order to register. Otherwise, they also wouldn't be able to play on CubeCraft. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyhow, they can just ask their parents or guardian for confirmation.
If they do that, it's prohibited and I'm pretty sure it's better to use what you can instead of using what you risk.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
If they do that, it's prohibited and I'm pretty sure it's better to use what you can instead of using what you risk.
I'm sure you've forgotten all about the new privacy policy then. Since a while ago, when you first join CubeCraft, a menu will pop up asking wether or not you're 13+. You're basically saying that they can join CubeCraft (without confirmation) when being below 13, but they can't when they want to use Discord or another app (without confirmation). It's practically the same thing.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
Even though there are plenty of communication apps, I still agree. I personally don't have every CubeCraft friend on Discord. Some friends of mine are a little bit inactive. Therefore, being able to send mails is very useful. A mail plugin already exists as well so I don't think adding this would be difficult.

Sponth

May 22, 2016
Palma de Mallorca , Balearic Islands
Even though there are plenty of communication apps, I still agree. I personally don't have every CubeCraft friend on Discord. Some friends of mine are a little bit inactive. Therefore, being able to send mails is very useful. A mail plugin already exists as well so I don't think adding this would be difficult.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish:

Como dijeron antes, hay plataformas para esto, pero parece una buena idea comunicarse cuando sus amigos están desconectados, ya que algunos no deberían tener otras plataformas de contacto. Saludos.

English:

As they said earlier, there are platforms for this, but it seems like a good idea to communicate when your friends are offline as some shouldn't have any other contact platforms. Regards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attentively: Sponth

Atentamente: Sponth

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
I'm sure you've forgotten all about the new privacy policy then. Since a while ago, when you first join CubeCraft, a menu will pop up asking wether or not you're 13+. You're basically saying that they can join CubeCraft (without confirmation) when being below 13, but they can't when they want to use Discord or another app (without confirmation). It's practically the same thing.
Well there is a small but important difference, the Cubecraft prompt asks
gxrhc91.png
So, you can join if you are under 13 if you have permission from your parents. Meanwhile Discord doesn't allow anyone under 13 under any circumstances, so you can be on cube but not be on Discord if you are under 13.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Well there is a small but important difference, the Cubecraft prompt asks
gxrhc91.png
So, you can join if you are under 13 if you have permission from your parents. Meanwhile Discord doesn't allow anyone under 13 under any circumstances, so you can be on cube but not be on Discord if you are under 13.
I know that's true, but like I said; Lots of children just fill in they're 13 or above. There really isn't anything which can be done against that. I must say, even I was one of those, and I know various that also did.

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, WhatsApp
All of these are communication services that you can easily add your friends on. If they don’t have it, advise them to download it. There is already solutions for communicating with offline friends, and the devs shouldn’t be focusing on adding this as there’s way more important things that needs fixing/being added. Not a necessary update

Reactions: Hoshi

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
I know that's true, but like I said; Lots of children just fill in they're 13 or above. There really isn't anything which can be done against that. I must say, even I was one of those, and I know various that also did.
Yes, that is true, children will do it anyways, my point was that you can legally be in cube if you're under 13 but not on discord. But the most important part is that yes basically everyone has discord so it doesn't matter to have offline mail.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
Offline Mails
In my opinion, it is a way to interact with your friends when they are offline or not available on the server in any individual cost.​
When they primarily get online (on the server), they will see a mail from their friend to tell them something when they get back on the server.

For example:
Offline mails (1/2):
Hi! Do you want to play a game with me when you're back online if so message me back!

Type "command..." to send a message back
This would be amazing for the people who don't have discord or something like that. Definitely a +1

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him
My Reply:

Yes, I know, there are millions of millions of apps that intend to not only include my suggestion; they include everything in it.
I like the replies coming from players and their thoughts about this idea.
I'm not against anyone feeling misplaced by my suggestion.

In my opinion, though, CubeCraft and other Minecraft servers have their societies. Some players don't even own a Discord account, or their parents are not allowing them to. They might not have their friends' Discord accounts, and problems could get real.
I wish to get in touch with my friends while they're offline, so I won't forget things I wanted to share with them. I want the messaging system to be community optional regarding friends communicating. Thank you for all of the replies that you all provided to my thread. :)

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
Yes its and idea, but i dont want to come on with spam messages when i first log on. I suggest using Discord or some other way to contact your friend if you need too.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Top Bottom