Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
Especially in team games it would be great to have a kill sound to notice immediately that you got the kill. Imagine a situation in Team SkyWars where three teams of 3 fight each other and it likely could happen that it looked like you got a kill but after looking in the chat, you realize you haven't got the kill.

So why does CubeCraft need a kill sound?
I am used to kill sounds from other servers and all I can say is getting a positive sound after a kill actually feels pretty rewarding. Hearing different sounds for specific events have a big impact on the player. It makes the game more fun and changes how the player actually feels about certain events like kills, dying or other things.
As a game designer myself, I feel it is very important to use many different sounds for things.

Of course a kill sound should be added to all games with PvP. Not just team games.

I simply suggest the level up sound with three different pitches.
Pitch 1.0 - Normal sound, no pitch
Pitch 1.8 - Pretty high pitch but not the highest one
Pitch 0.9 - A bit lower than the normal sound (I prefer that one)

I hope you like that suggestion and I think it would be a great quality of life update to the server.

Last edited:

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this is a pretty solid suggestion. User experience is very important in these kinds of games and I feel like this would make a great feature by itself.

I dont play many team games my self, but when I do, I find myself looking at the chat constantly if I got the kill or not. Of course, there are many ways for looking if you got the kill, but nothing gives you better feedback than a little noise or a sound in the background. I completely agree with you.

Even though not everyone would like these sounds, they should be able to turn them off completely.

Nice suggestion! 👌

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
I find myself looking at the chat constantly if I got the kill or not.
Yeah, and that's not very intuitive.

Even though not everyone would like these sounds, they should be able to turn them off completely.
A possible solution would be to turn off the sound entirely but having level up as the default sound effect and giving players the option to win new kill sounds from cubelets as a new vanity option.

Reactions: Typicaaal

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Especially in team games it would be great to have a kill sound to notice immediately that you got the kill. Imagine a situation in Team SkyWars where three teams of 3 fight each other and it likely could happen that it looked like you got a kill but after looking in the chat, you realize you haven't got the kill.

So why does CubeCraft need a kill sound?
I am used to kill sounds from other servers and all I can say is getting a positive sound after a kill actually feels pretty rewarding. Hearing different sounds for specific events have a big impact on the player. It makes the game more fun and changes how the player actually feels about certain events like kills, dying or other things.
As a game designer myself, I feel it is very important to use many different sounds for things.

Of course a kill sound should be added to all games with PvP. Not just team games.

I simply suggest the level up sound with three different pitches.
Pitch 1.0 - Normal sound, no pitch
Pitch 1.8 - Pretty high pitch but not the highest one
Pitch 0.9 - A bit lower than the normal sound

I hope you like that suggestion and I think it would be a great quality of life update to the server.
I totally agree with this suggestion. I currently use your Sound-Overlay and I must say it's great to hear sounds when I made a kill!
On top of that multiple friends complained that they always have to look in the chat, if the kill was made by them or not.
Nice suggestion! 👌
Agreed! :)

Reactions: lvminary

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
This is a good suggestion, especially when there is an off-and-on thing since there is nobody to disagree while they can turn it off! As well as if there was more depth in selections, as you said up in both of what I said...

Agreed! :D :agree:

Reactions: lvminary
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom