Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
Hello!

Recently, I've been getting lots of unsuccessful reports, but my Friends have been telling me the same, I really didn't care but I had to ask, and I thought abouts this…

SUGGESTION:

Sometimes, reports get denied because the user has already been banned for other reports or because of the Sentinel. I maybe think it would be a good idea to not name that report a denied or unsuccesful report, but a accepted report, but just tell the user the reported user has been banned by other reason (other report or the sentinel). I personally have mates that have stopped reporting because they don't feel motivated on seeing their reports unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoothlyy

Dutudy

Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2016
Sweden ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
reports.cubecraft.net
Why? just click on the name and you'll get the reason why your report got unsuccessful. Your friends are still helping and the moderators appreciate it very much by taking your and your friends time to report rule-breakers.

Oct 19, 2015
The Netherlands
nl.namemc.com
I 100% agree with this, a lot of my reports are also denied because of this and it very annoying because you take your time to record the hacker, upload the video and report the hacker on the site. And then it gets denied because he was already banned. ;)

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
First of all, the red names you get mean nothing. It's just a number and your contribution to the server by constantly reporting is both to you as to us more important than the amount that got denied. If you're going for helper, you also shouldn't make a big deal out of this. This will definitely been taken into consideration.

We're not going to accept reports because the player has already been banned. That would first of all not be fair because that means the player gets punished twice for the same reason, but on the other hand, how harsh it may sound, if Sentinel or a player was first, they get credit for it. This happens the most with cheating reports ofcourse, but for chat offences or other offences such as trolling or camping, this is not a big issue.

Players nowadays pay too much attention to those green names and they want to have the most as possible, either for competitive reasons or for helper advantages. We care 10x more about the fact that you actually help us in the first place, but if people are doing it for the green names, they're doing it for themselfs, not for us. Nobody's going to get a prize at the end for the most green and accepted reports.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
If you look at it from a different view you'll understand it. Look at it as it's not the report, but the punishment that has to be succesful. When someone is already banned/muted , the punishment from your report isn't succesful. This might help you understand how the system works right now.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
First of all, the red names you get mean nothing. It's just a number and your contribution to the server by constantly reporting is both to you as to us more important than the amount that got denied. If you're going for helper, you also shouldn't make a big deal out of this. This will definitely been taken into consideration.

We're not going to accept reports because the player has already been banned. That would first of all not be fair because that means the player gets punished twice for the same reason, but on the other hand, how harsh it may sound, if Sentinel or a player was first, they get credit for it. This happens the most with cheating reports ofcourse, but for chat offences or other offences such as trolling or camping, this is not a big issue.

Players nowadays pay too much attention to those green names and they want to have the most as possible, either for competitive reasons or for helper advantages. We care 10x more about the fact that you actually help us in the first place, but if people are doing it for the green names, they're doing it for themselfs, not for us. Nobody's going to get a prize at the end for the most green and accepted reports.

I surelly agree with you, it was just to let you guys now about this. It was mainly to show my mates that this doesn't matter, but just to ask for it. Thanks! :)

D

Deleted member 492126

A lot of people who get banned by sentinel deny using hacks. Instead of denying the report, you could use the vid to proof they were actually hacking
Also,
"Punishment track: 7 day ban (Sentinel only) → 30 day ban → Permanent ban"
Apparently, if there's video evidence the player gets banned for 30 days. If someone reports a player (who got banned by sentinel for 7d) with video proof, you could use the video and extend the ban from 7d to 30d

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hello,

Thank you so much for suggesting improvements to our network. We really appreciate the time you took creating this thread, and we can't wait for you to introduce even more of your awesome ideas!

In the future, before you create a suggestion thread, please use the Search Forums option to check if someone else has already suggested the same thing in the past. Repeating previously mentioned and discussed topics, without having anything significant to add to the conversation, is against rule 3.11 from our official rules.

Click HERE to see some examples of similar suggestions created by community members in the past. Feel free to contribute to one of them if you have something significant to add to the conversation. You are allowed to revive old threads as long as you have a good reason to do it. Personally, I suggest contributing to this one, because many community members, including staff, have given their opinions to it and there have been some very recent replies: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/repost-suggestion-about-reports.211920/

Thank you once again,
- Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I really don’t say this enough, but I love this Forums community! Y’all are cool. 🧡
Reesle wrote on technopig's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :D
You’re cool for joining! 😎
If you require assistance with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member. Enjoy your stay! :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Seinnq's profile.
Welcome to the Cubecraft forums!:D I hope you will have an awesome stay here and text us staff if you need help with anything! ^^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Created a flat creative world to build things in with my friends from school. Gimme suggestions for things to build 👀
Top Bottom