Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added?

• Total voters

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I've seen a few threads in the past which discussed the issue of bow spamming, however, none of them seemed to have a good solution to it. From just removing the bow entirely to making it outrageously expensive, I propose a solution to bow spamming that 1. doesn't interfere with it's intended purpose, and 2. would severely reduce the number of players trying to bow-spam.

What is it?
Basically, it's a system that would require the player to at least extend the bow and arrow halfway before the player can shoot the arrow. If the player tries to spam with the bow, nothing will happen. No arrow will be shot unless the player had the bow halfway extended at a minimum. This would already make bow spamming much harder. However, since the punch bow is what players abuse in Eggwars, I'd suggest making it so you would have to extend the bow fully for the enchantment to work. So if a player extended the bow and arrow halfway then shot a player, the enchantments from the bow wouldn't work, however, the arrow would deal damage as usual. But if a player were to fully extend the bow and arrow, then shoot, the enchantments would work, and in this case, the punch enchantment would deal a lot of knockback!

Small revisions could be made to this idea, however, I like it as is. But feel free to share your thoughts down below! :))

Dreamspqce

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I mean, I have previously disagreed with any bowspamming "countermeasures" as I don't have an issue with bowspamming. To repeat what dozens of people have said in the past - it's a legitimate
strategy. If you can't kill someone using it, learn a different approach how to. Strafe them, use a shield or something else. Bowspamming isn't an issue that needs to be fixed, it's just a strategy that people dislike because it's a good strategy.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
If someone is chasing you and you are on low health, it can be useful to bow them or punch bow them with a low power shot. Also as already mentioned, bowspamming is a legitimate - though annoying - strategy. It's not a problem.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
1. Not sure this is possible, it’d be complicated to see the packet of how much the bow is pulled and then make no arrow shoot both server side and client side.
2. It’s annoying but bow spamming is a real strategy, so I voted no sorry, good idea though!

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I disagree, because:
1. Sometimes you just wanna shoot some stacked camper off the bridge, and if you have to fully load your bow it’ll be to late and he’ll be on your island already.
2. As other people have said, it’s just a tactic :)

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Ummm I don`t agree with you, because technically bow spamming is a strategy - most people hate it, but it`s not against the rules. Many people are using this as their main way to win - but, in most cases, one enderpearl can end them. I think it would be better to make the enderpearl cheaper, because IMO that`s the best counter agains bowspamming. And also we should not forget about the shield - that`s a great item aswell.

irresolution

Sep 2, 2020
United Kingdom
I hate bow spammers,

But you cannot remove someone's strategy from the game, it's just not fair, people have to use this as they are not as good at the game, or they just like the strategy.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom