Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Geoff Rhodes

Jul 2, 2016
I think you may have moved in the wrong direction by making Ban Reports private. Until the process for identifying hacks is automated, there will never be enough manpower to cut out hacking. You should probably rely on CubeCraft users rather than shut them out of the process. Your users can do a good job highlighting the worst offenses and make your jobs a lot easier. Making the process private just encourages reports from multiple users and more bumped posts.

Fxhmiiz_

Jan 1, 2016
The staff members are doing their best to keep up with the player reports. Keep in mind that there are over 100 reports every day. They will reply to every player report eventually.;)

Geoff Rhodes

Jul 2, 2016
I have doubts that making the reports private has decreased the volume of reports. I would propose adding a poll to each report with three choices: 1) clearly hacking, 2) clearly not hacking, 3) unclear.

Users would vote on the reports to provide CubeCraft with a quality score. The clearly hacking reports would become CubeCraft's workload. The unclear reports could be worked if time is available.

If it were my process, I would focus on writing scripts to identify things like multiple reports on the same hacker and looking at those rather than looking at unclear reports.

I realize that this could be subject to manipulation, but it's better than having CubeCraft resources sifting through a growing backlog.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I have doubts that making the reports private has decreased the volume of reports. I would propose adding a poll to each report with three choices: 1) clearly hacking, 2) clearly not hacking, 3) unclear.

Users would vote on the reports to provide CubeCraft with a quality score. The clearly hacking reports would become CubeCraft's workload. The unclear reports could be worked if time is available.

If it were my process, I would focus on writing scripts to identify things like multiple reports on the same hacker and looking at those rather than looking at unclear reports.

I realize that this could be subject to manipulation, but it's better than having CubeCraft resources sifting through a growing backlog.
The opinions would be to diverse and to high a chance of a false ban also you missed the right section for this by 1

Orangeric88

Forum Expert
Apr 22, 2016
Planet Orange
www.cubecraft.net
As this is most likely a suggestion, next time please post these types of threads here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/suggestions/ Also, about this concern, they have made the ban section private due to people commenting on the ban-reports. This is implemented so only the members that created the thread and the staff member can communicate better. One example would be if they're missing evidence or something like that. The staff member would say to upload the missing evidence. Overall it's more convenience.

Moooofin

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2015
UK

Staff members are probably the most trusted members of the community (in terms of their ability to see hackers and what not) and the ones who do reports know what they're doing. Having the entire community's input would be so hectic and would make dealing with reports harder and would take far longer than it already does.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I mean the main reason that they made ban reports private A: Prevent useless posts, B: Prevent fights between players because I mean if they see the report that they're getting reported, Most players would get mad. So it's fine. I mean the staff are mature, they can handle it. Also, if you wanna help, apply for helper :)

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
They made it private so that people would stop replying on reports because they are staff only. I don't think it matters. The only thing I miss about the public system is that I could see when the staff were reporting. I could do this by seeing if they were locked and by who.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I do agree that they should be made public again. Also, if the whole reason was to prevent people commenting why didn't you just disable comments? There are many cons to the change.

Zurc

Jun 1, 2015
Since they made ban reports private my last 5 reports were not returned and the hackers still play :(

TheDarkAssassinV

Apr 10, 2016
We
I think you may have moved in the wrong direction by making Ban Reports private. Until the process for identifying hacks is automated, there will never be enough manpower to cut out hacking. You should probably rely on CubeCraft users rather than shut them out of the process. Your users can do a good job highlighting the worst offenses and make your jobs a lot easier. Making the process private just encourages reports from multiple users and more bumped posts.
We cannot do anything about it. Their sercer their rules but still people could easily abuse that system if the hacker has alts. *cough* xturtle *cough*

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
People are replying on reports which is not allowed. I reported someone from a long time ago (When the ban reports were public) and he came to the report and started replying, which is not allowed. They might make a new way, where only staff can reply, but the reports are public.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom