Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
So you know the suggestions forum kinda gets spammed with things like /report or just repeated threads of the same thing. Its kinda hard to look through. Today I will suggest something to make that forum look more clean and to make it easier to see good suggestions.
There is a feature called "child forums" that are basically forums tied to another forum.
An example is Media which is seperated into "Youtube" "Teamspeak and Discord" and "Forum Games". My suggestion is to do something similar for suggestions.
There will be three child forums for suggestions(you cant post in any of them your threads can only be moved there.)
Pending, denied, and accepted.
How does it work. Basically, when you post a suggestion into the main board and it gets good feedback from the community/staff likes it, it will be moved to pending(note this doesnt guarantee being accepted.) If it doesnt get good feedback or is another one of the /report or something similar suggestions it will be moved to denied and locked.
Pending applications are then reviewed by higher staff members tha decided wheter it is a good idea to implement them or not. If they want to implement them the suggestion gets locked and moved to accepted. If they dont want to implement it it will be locked and moved to denied. For this to work effectivly, you would have to disable the leftover link that links to the different thread when you move it(the blue arrow).
@Mac @zRinne @Camezonda @HackersDontWin @DYD. what ye all think?

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
In all honesty, I personally think this would make it a bit more messy, I get the idea of having a prefix to sort out any suggestions, however it would end up making it more messy considering some suggestions don't get put forward to our team for further evaluation. This would mean there would be a large mixture of "denied" and "pending" around the suggestion forums, which ends up looking more messy. If a suggestion is locked, chances are that a decision is made -- whether it's denied or accepted.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
In all honesty, I personally think this would make it a bit more messy, I get the idea of having a prefix to sort out any suggestions, however it would end up making it more messy considering some suggestions don't get put forward to our team for further evaluation. This would mean there would be a large mixture of "denied" and "pending" around the suggestion forums, which ends up looking more messy. If a suggestion is locked, chances are that a decision is made -- whether it's denied or accepted.
Did you even get my suggestion ._.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Much Agreed

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Much Agreed
Ok so you both didnt got my idea. I am not talking about a prefix. I am talking about making child forums and moving them to that child forum so suggestions that havent been seen much get seen by more people .-.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
So you know the suggestions forum kinda gets spammed with things like /report or just repeated threads of the same thing. Its kinda hard to look through. Today I will suggest something to make that forum look more clean and to make it easier to see good suggestions.
There is a feature called "child forums" that are basically forums tied to another forum.
An example is Media which is seperated into "Youtube" "Teamspeak and Discord" and "Forum Games". My suggestion is to do something similar for suggestions.
There will be three child forums for suggestions(you cant post in any of them your threads can only be moved there.)
Pending, denied, and accepted.
How does it work. Basically, when you post a suggestion into the main board and it gets good feedback from the community/staff likes it, it will be moved to pending(note this doesnt guarantee being accepted.) If it doesnt get good feedback or is another one of the /report or something similar suggestions it will be moved to denied and locked.
Pending applications are then reviewed by higher staff members tha decided wheter it is a good idea to implement them or not. If they want to implement them the suggestion gets locked and moved to accepted. If they dont want to implement it it will be locked and moved to denied. For this to work effectivly, you would have to disable the leftover link that links to the different thread when you move it(the blue arrow).
@Mac @zRinne @Camezonda @HackersDontWin @DYD. what ye all think?
I would really like this idea. The only problem is that the higher up staff will not have time to look at the suggestions.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Well, even if it's just a child forum, there will still be unmoved threads and such, it's fine how it is in my opinion.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I'd prefer more organization on the forums with child forums under games for every game and suggestions. This way I can watch certain child forums for the games I'm interested in ♡

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I don't really know if we're able to execute the idea.
Imagine, we like this suggested, moved it up but have no time to implement it and it just stays there for months.
Wouldn't it give the player false hopes of their suggestion being accepted?
For the ones that aren't moved, can they handle rejection well?

I don't want it to end up unnecessarily upsetting players because we think their suggestion wasn't good enough to be put up or have no potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Top Bottom