Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which ones do you like?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
You know how there's been plenty of great suggestions that can't specifically be categorised to a game?
Well, there's a simple solution to that.
Aside from the possibility of a vanity update (which wouldn't be too impressive for those who play for content), there's also a possibility to do an update that adds a bunch of new features to the server which isn't directly vanity or game content. (I say as the first thing I cover is going to be vanity)

Here's a few topics which could use some love:

Custom shields
Custom shields have been under maintenace for the longest time now, and lots of players have been wondering what it could be like. Custom shields wouldn't be hard to implement at all!
Here's some possibilities that have been mentioned previously on other threads regarding this topic:
Players will have access to colours, patterns, and the amount of layers they can use. Each of these aspects can be given access to by way of: Ranks, Cubelets, vanity points and maybe even normal points.
Stone ranks could have a default 6 layers (minus base) to their name, and Iron and above will be able to make use of 7 layers minimum, each rank higher being able to purchase another layer for 2.5K vanity points.
Stone - 6 layers
Iron - 7 layers, 7th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points
Lapiz - 8 layers, 7th + 8th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 5K vanity points.
Gold - 9 layers, 7-9th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 7.5K vanity points.
Diamond - 10 layers, 7-10th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 10K vanity points.
Emerald - 11 layers, 7-11th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 12.5K vanity points.
Obsidian - 12 layers, 7-12th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 15K vanity points.
Prices are subject to change, this is just an example.

Players aren't given any colours or patterns by default, as those have to be unlocked.
upload_2017-7-15_13-38-18.png
upload_2017-7-15_14-10-42.png
This is how the GUI would look:
The way I "created" the pattern selection could easily also be applied to the base selection.

Players will have a shield converted to their custom shield upon them obtaining any shield. You cannot use another persons custom shield.
If someone has an inappropriate design on their shield, we'll be able to report them under the same category as inappropriate names/skins.

Minigolf in the main lobby
Every person the likes to explore the huge lobbies in this server has undoubtedly seen the minigolf course. Now, there's a minor problem with it: It's not a usable golf course.
upload_2017-7-15_15-0-44.png

upload_2017-7-15_15-0-53.png

upload_2017-7-15_15-1-2.png
This may be difficult to implement, but it'd add so much to the lobby for such a small thing, and it would seem like you guys care about even the littlest details.
It doesn't have to be a perfect recreation of golf, it can be as simple as you being able to throw an item that resembles a golf ball. (snow ball would work)
One feature to prevent others from picking it up, is to make it so:
-Only the person who dropped it can pick it up
-It may only be picked up when it is pretty much done sliding

People may thing this will cause lag, so a simple solution would be to forcively despawn the snowball 15 seconds after it has stopped moving.
The small details deserve attention, and people love seeing small things like this.
upload_2017-7-15_15-29-8.png

Apparently, the builders tested it out while they were making the lobby. If they can toy with it, it definitely won't need any changes in the lobby.

Small addition to settings
Not everyone has a fantastic computer, so they typically lag quite a bit while running minecraft.
Usually they already lag enough, right?
One thing that can make them lag even more is the excessive use of armour stands.
An option for those who don't like lag could be the disabling of armour stand visibility, similar to how it disables player visibility.
upload_2017-7-15_15-15-11.png

Note: This does not affect leaderboards and functional armour stands (being map selectors, the armour stands in the PVP lobby and the holograms for stats & leaderboards)

Friend mailing system
The subheading pretty much speaks for itself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Simple commands:
/f mail send (player) (message)
/f mail list [sent/received]
/f mail read (number of the received mail (received emails are labeled by numbers))

'/f mail list received' will basically list you something like:
1. Gainfullterror
2. Aries104
3. Shamel
4. Lezappen
etc.
Clicking "1. Gainfullterror" will do the same thing that '/f mail read 1' does, basically acting as a quicker way to read a mail.

Every time a player logs in, it'll notify them IF they have received any mail / have any unread mail.
There will be a setting to prevent you from being able to receive mail in the settings chest.

Map requesting system
As the subheading says: A way to request maps to appear.
When a player does this, they must go to the map selector in the armour stand & they must pay (for example) 2000 vanity points in order to summon a map of they don't want to wait for it. Alternitavely, they could pay 2000 regular points.
This will queue maps up and make the next available game a map that is in the queue.
To prevent all maps from becoming queue maps, every third available game will become one of the queued maps, meaning that the other 2 games will become randomly generated maps.
An alternative to this whole system, is to have 1 of each map always available. Sadly, this would make the map selector a little less useful than it is currently, (I'm not calling it useless!)

Rewards for leveling up
Aside from the vanity items, there's really no use for leveling up.
Most players would much prefer something like points or cubelets over XP.
So what if: For every time you level up, you'll get an amount of points. Every 2 levels you gain will give you 5 cubelets.
This way, players wouldn't ignore the XP & leveling up would be useful.
I suggest players get a set amount of points depending on which category of levels they're in:
Levels 1-10: 250 points
Levels 11-20: 500 points
Levels 21-30: 1000 points
Levels 31-40: 1500 points
Levels 41-50: 2500 points
So on, so forth. These values are subject to change.
If it's added, players do not get the rewards for each time they've leveled up prior to this feature being added.
Else everyone above level 50 would suddenly get 50K points at least.

Rewards for completing parkour/vortex jumps the first time

Simple!
For every parkour or vortex jump you beat, you'll get a small reward like 50 points and 100 experience.
It'll only give you these rewards the first time you complete it.

I can probably name many more things that cube could implement, but these are a few of the ones that really don't fit under any said topic. I'm proposing a way for them to implement these miscellaneous features in a way where they could still announce it as an update.
I'll be adding more things to the thread as time passes btw

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
It's not a functional golf course.
oh really?
now do I think it could be better? yes but it is currently functional
umm... wouldn't the PvP lobby require these to be on? or else you know the only way you can play is challenging other players, an even worse example would be the freebuild lobby with the current abundance of armour stands in the lobby Case and point: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-armour-stands.189162/page-2#post-827439 and the only way to join a game in that is via an armour stand
if it could be set so first all armour stands that aren't game joining armour stands are off
Friend mailing system
Simple commands:
/f mail read (number of the received mail (received emails are labeled by numbers))

1. Gainfullterror
2. Aries104
3. Shamel
4. Lezappen
etc.
Clicking "1. Gainfullterror" will do the same thing that '/f mail read 1' does, basically acting as a quicker way to read a mail.

Every time a player logs in, it'll notify them IF they have received any mail / have any unread mail
I don't think this idea is very practical mainly because of spams, and scams just like e-mail this might not be a very good idea
The rest I am definitely for

Reactions: Maaarijn

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
This is a big suggestion, but I really like your ideas! Though, there are some things which I don't agree with.

When a player does this, they must go to the map selector in the armour stand & they must pay (for example) 2000 vanity points in order to summon a map of they don't want to wait for it. Alternitavely, they could pay 2000 regular points.
Why would you be paying regular or Vanity points for asking a map which will be queued?

Stone - 6 layers
Lapiz - 8 layers, 7th + 8th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 5K vanity points.
Gold - 9 layers, 7-9th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 7.5K vanity points.
Diamond - 10 layers, 7-10th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 10K vanity points.
Emerald - 11 layers, 7-11th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 12.5K vanity points.
Obsidian - 12 layers, 7-12th layer is bought for 2.5K vanity points each, total being 15K vanity points.
Why would you be paying Vanity points for your Custom Shield layers?

Reactions: Maaarijn

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
now do I think it could be better? yes but it is currently functional
It's not functional for stone ranks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

umm... wouldn't the PvP lobby require these to be on? or else you know the only way you can play is challenging other players, an even worse example would be the freebuild lobby with the current abundance of armour stands in the lobby Case and point: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-armour-stands.189162/page-2#post-827439 and the only way to join a game in that is via an armour stand
if it could be set so first all armour stands that aren't game joining armour stands are off
Will add a line explaining that this won't affect any functional armour stands, I forgot about those!
I don't think this idea is very practical mainly because of spams, and scams just like e-mail this might not be a very good idea
The rest I am definitely for
Will also be adding a setting in the settings chest so you can toggle being able to receive friend mail or not.

If anyone else has any changes that I can make, make sure to tell me!

Why would you be paying Vanity points for your Custom Shield layers?
People have been complaining for the longest time that they have extreme amount of vanity points. This is a way to "make use of them".
Besides, custom shields are vanity.

Why would you be paying regular or Vanity points for asking a map which will be queued?
That way, the queue system won't be overloaded by the most popular maps.
Those who can't queue & like less popular maps would barely get to chance to play said map.

Reactions: Twania and Ducky

Starfishunter

Jul 15, 2017
I think this would be very cool I voted custom shields having your own shield that you worked for would be cool everyone has shields so why not take it to the next level with the shields.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
"A miscellaneous upate"
You screwed up the name pretty badly. "upate" ;(

Stone - 6 layers
[/SPOILER]

Players aren't given any colours or patterns by default, as those have to be unlocked.
The way I "created" the pattern selection could easily also be applied to the base selection.

Players will have a shield converted to their custom shield upon them obtaining any shield. You cannot use another persons custom shield.
If someone has an inappropriate design on their shield, we'll be able to report them under the same category as inappropriate names/skins.
I'd enjoy it more if the shield system works like this:
upload_2017-7-16_0-10-53.png

Here players could make their shields public and there would be a Leaderboard with the most popular shield designs.
Meaning that you can also copy shields from others but the original creator will of course increase it's popularity rank. Or it will work with diamonds just like in Creative.

Ranks could also maybe have multiple save slots? So you don't have to re-create your shield all over again, you just keep it save if you want to use it?
Here is how it could work:
  • Stone: 1 Save Slot
  • Iron: 1 Save Slot
  • Lapiz: 2 Save Slots
  • Gold: 3 Save Slots
  • Diamond: 3 Save Slots
  • Emerald: 4 Save Slots
  • Obsidian 6 Save Slots
The rest could work how you've suggested ;) +1
Every person the likes to explore the huge lobbies in this server has undoubtedly seen the minigolf course. Now, there's a minor problem with it: It's not a functional golf course.
This may be difficult to implement, but it'd add so much to the lobby for such a small thing, and it would seem like you guys care about even the littlest details.
It doesn't have to be a perfect recreation of golf, it can be as simple as you being able to throw an item that resembles a golf ball. (snow ball would work)

People may thing this will cause lag, so a simple solution would be to forcively despawn the snowball 15 seconds after it has stopped moving.
The small details deserve attention, and people love seeing small things like this.
View attachment 135374
Apparently, the builders tested it out while they were making the lobby. If they can toy with it, it definitely won't need any changes in the lobby.
Sounds cewl, finally something to do when I'm bored
upload_2017-7-16_0-11-5.gif

Not everyone has a fantastic computer, so they typically lag quite a bit while running minecraft.
One thing that can make them lag even more is the excessive use of armour stands.
An option for those who don't like lag could be the disabling of armour stand visibility, similar to how it disables player visibility.
View attachment 135373
Note: This does not affect leaderboards and functional armour stands (being map selectors and the armour stands in the PVP lobby)
YES YES YES YES YES!
Friend mailing system
Simple commands:

1. Gainfullterror
2. Aries104
3. Shamel
4. Lezappen
etc.

Every time a player logs in, it'll notify them IF they have received any mail / have any unread mail.
There will be a setting to prevent you from being able to receive mail in the settings chest.
Why not. would be funny if a message popped up when you logged in with "You've got mail!"
Map requesting system
This will queue maps up and make the next available game a map that is in the queue.
To prevent all maps from becoming queue maps, every third available game will become one of the queued maps, meaning that the other 2 games will become randomly generated maps.
An alternative to this whole system, is to have 1 of each map always available. Sadly, this would make the map selector a little less useful than it is currently, (I'm not calling it useless!)
Maybe make it so Donators can open maps whenever they like to. I'm pretty sure they paid for a map selector.
Or atleast make it cheaper.

Rewards for leveling up
So what if: For every time you level up, you'll get an amount of points. Every 2 levels you gain will give you 5 cubelets.
I suggest players get a set amount of points depending on which category of levels they're in:
For the ones who say "OMG Hypixel has this!!! no -1"
Well kids, you don't know how it feels when you grind for days and days to finally level up but then finally realise that you didn't get any rewards :(
By the way, +1 (Maybe some extra rewards too)

Simple!
For every parkour or vortex jump you beat, you'll get a small reward like 50 points and 100 experience.
Why not.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
"A miscellaneous upate"
You screwed up the name pretty badly. "upate" ;(
ok let's agree that that never happened. I've fixed it.

I'd enjoy it more if the shield system works like this:
upload_2017-7-16_0-10-53-png.135386

Here players could make their shields public and there would be a Leaderboard with the most popular shield designs.
Meaning that you can also copy shields from others but the original creator will of course increase it's popularity rank. Or it will work with diamonds just like in Creative.

Ranks could also maybe have multiple save slots? So you don't have to re-create your shield all over again, you just keep it save if you want to use it?
Here is how it could work:
  • Stone: 1 Save Slot
  • Iron: 1 Save Slot
  • Lapiz: 2 Save Slots
  • Gold: 3 Save Slots
  • Diamond: 3 Save Slots
  • Emerald: 4 Save Slots
  • Obsidian 6 Save Slots
Sounds good, I'm fine with either way.
(I completely forgot to write about preset purchasable shields, I had a few ideas for it, one being a cubelet design)
Since there shouldn't really be a reward for designing a popular shield other than it being popular, I'd be completely fine with a system similar to Freebuild.
The only problem I can see with it is that people would just take some designs off of the internet & pass it off as "their own". (AKA false credit)
For the ones who say "OMG Hypixel has this!!! no -1"
Well kids, you don't know how it feels when you grind for days and days to finally level up but then finally realise that you didn't get any rewards :(
By the way, +1 (Maybe some extra rewards too)
I didn't even know any other servers did it, but it doesn't surprise me!

Reactions: Despacito 2

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 for all of this, it would make the server much more exciting.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
You know how there's been plenty of great suggestions that can't specifically be categorised to a game?
Aside from the possibility of a vanity update (which wouldn't be too impressive for those who play for content), there's also a possibility to do an update that adds a bunch of new features to the server which isn't directly vanity or game content. (I say as the first thing I cover is going to be vanity)

Custom shields
Custom shields have been under maintenace for the longest time now, and lots of players have been wondering what it could be like. Custom shields wouldn't be hard to implement at all!
Here's some possibilities that have been mentioned previously on other threads regarding this topic:
Players will have access to colours, patterns, and the amount of layers they can use. Each of these aspects can be given access to by way of: Ranks, Cubelets, vanity points and maybe even normal points.
Stone ranks could have a default 6 layers (minus base) to their name, and Iron and above will be able to make use of 7 layers minimum, each rank higher being able to purchase another layer for 2.5K vanity points.
Stone - 6 layers

Every person the likes to explore the huge lobbies in this server has undoubtedly seen the minigolf course. Now, there's a minor problem with it: It's not a usable golf course.

View attachment 135374

View attachment 135373
Note: This does not affect leaderboards and functional armour stands (being map selectors and the armour stands in the PVP lobby)

Friend mailing system
Simple commands:

1. Gainfullterror
2. Aries104
3. Shamel
4. Lezappen
etc.

Map requesting system

Rewards for leveling up
If it's added, players do not get the rewards for each time they've leveled up prior to this feature being added.

Simple!

I can probably name many more things that cube could implement, but these are a few of the ones that really don't fit under any said topic. I'm proposing a way for them to implement these miscellaneous features in a way where they could still announce it as an update.

I love all of these!!! Great work!!! +5

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
Queing the map makes no sense because you usually don't have to wait very long for a map you want to appear. Also, there are only a set amount of each map that exist. Therefore, another map can't just be instantly created, so there is no way to use points to instantly make a map appear.

Reactions: A pigeon

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I agree with pretty much every single one but...
Armor stands will lag you whether they are invisible or not. Cubecraft could use packets to stop the client from rendering armor stands at all but that would mess up the rewards box title, stats, and the leaderboards. Most of the floating text around is named invisible armor stands and these tend to lag you just as much as visible armor stands.

I would just prefer if they switched floating text entities to area effect clouds which will be way less laggy and the builders held back a little on using excessive armor stands. (Dozens per lobby is a bit much) Also a general lag reducing setting that disabled generator particles, win effects, and other unecessary particles like cubelet opening particles with the need for opticians to remove them.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Armor stands will lag you whether they are invisible or not. Cubecraft could use packets to stop the client from rendering armor stands at all but that would mess up the rewards box title, stats, and the leaderboards. Most of the floating text around is named invisible armor stands and these tend to lag you just as much as visible armor stands.
Although what you say is completely correct, lobbies with lots of aesthetic armour stands tend to lag more then the lobbies with less. Compare the Skywars lobby to (ex) the Freebuild lobby.

Queing the map makes no sense because you usually don't have to wait very long for a map you want to appear. Also, there are only a set amount of each map that exist. Therefore, another map can't just be instantly created, so there is no way to use points to instantly make a map appear.
I've once had to wait 30 minutes straight for a map to show up in SG, just to end up leaving and coming back later since one hadn't popped up.
And what do you mean by "there are only a set amount of each map that exist"? Queuing the maps seems like a perfectly good way to do it, as it doesn't force servers to be summoned, but rather have a server that was intended for the same gamemode be converted into a queued map instead of a random choice.
I'm not suggesting the points part so that it could summon a map instantly, but rather to make it more of a last resort option if you're out of vanity points OR if you prefer to use regular points. There are large amounts of ranks which have a plethora of vanity points which they don't know what to do with, so a way to spend them indefinitely would bring more purpose to them.

For eel!? Everyone should have max shiekd slots
Vanilla minecraft goes up to 6 layers NOT including the base colour. This means that stone ranks will be able to access any of the vanilla (obtainable through survival) created banners currently out there & apply it to their shield.
Ranks will be able to surpass that for a small price of vanity points to add another possible pattern to their shield which surpasses normal survival possibilities. Since it's "unique", I feel that it's but only fair for ranks to be given this.
If I wasn't planning on giving ranks any extra layers, I wouldn't have even mentioned the 12 layers.

After all, this is yet another reason somebody would want to purchase a rank. (I'm not saying that it's their only reason, but it's another bonus)
I get that this is funny since it's coming from someone with a rank, but I would've still suggested it like this as a stone rank.

Ahs_Master

Apr 16, 2017
In my studio
www.youtube.com

Custom shields
Stone - 6 layers

View attachment 135374

View attachment 135373

Friend mailing system
Simple commands:

1. Gainfullterror
2. Aries104
3. Shamel
4. Lezappen
etc.

Map requesting system

Rewards for leveling up

Simple!

I already suggested the mail system and they said a NO to it so i expect a NO here too!!

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Bit bias since I was the one that originally proposed it, but i'd love to see the custom shield menu finally be added. Sadly though, the developer in charge of the project resigned a couple of months ago, so it's probably safe to say it'll never be released :(

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I really like your suggestions, but having to get shield patterns through cubelets is a bit annoying.
Although, you could do so that you can buy them with vanity points or else you need to get them through cubelets.
Otherwise, nice suggestions! ;)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom